Stenhousemuir -vs- Queen's Park, Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, an86 said:

Neither Stenny or QP will fancy the midweek journey.

Would Stenny not be away to Peterhead on the Saturday as the higher placed of the two teams has the second leg at home? 

6 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Would Stenny not be away to Peterhead on the Saturday as the higher placed of the two teams has the second leg at home? 

I don't think so. We currently are the highest ranked team in the play offs. Should anybody beat us ( which they wont ) they automatically assume that mantle.  If you recall when we beat Cowdenbeath we were the lowest ranking team but we were ranked higher in the final than Lanarkshire's poorest. Who wouldn't be against them?!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

.  If you recall when we beat Cowdenbeath we were the lowest ranking team but we were ranked higher in the final than Lanarkshire's poorest. Who wouldn't be against them?!!!!!!!!!

we should have been at Broadwood in the second leg but were forced to switch as there was a BMX competition at Broadwood on the Saturday!

If anyone does have to suffer a midweek journey to Peterhead, calculate in about 2 hours from the south side of Aberdeen. There are horrendous roadworks south and north of Aberdeen. That coupled with the usual evening rush hour traffic, it will be a nightmare journey.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Emailed the club about this. They won’t know anything until at least after tomorrow’s game. They will do what they can to let folk know by the end of the week.

Stirling could do both sets of fans a favour by seeing off Peterhead. Neither Stenny or QP will fancy the midweek journey. Peterhead will quite rightly call us moany b*****ds, of course. They’ll have to deal with frequent midweek journeys. It’s the short notice that is the killer for the possible opponents, though.

its your friends from Cumbernauld that seem to think once they leave the bright lights of Cumbernauld behind they are going to drop of the end of the world, ironically they also moan about being tenants of the main team in the town but cannot find another travellers site willing to take them.

Ignoring the completely out of context meltdown from peternapper above, would any of the QP fans who've taken issue with my original post be up for engaging in an intelligent, civilised discussion? The first point I'd like to address is why Queen's Park ever decided that signing and fielding professional players was worth the loss of their true amateur status. Surely it detracts from the pride you have in your club knowing that you're only still amateurs because of a technicality (that being your professional players are primarily registered with another club)?

After that, I can educate you all on why Clyde are - contrary to the opining of those with the baying-mob, social justice mentality - morally sound in employing players with chequered histories. Should a plumber be disqualified from plumbing ever again because he's dealt drugs? 50.01% likely to have raped someone? Allegedly called someone who has a personal vandetta against him a "Paki b*****d" after 6+ years working with people of a variety of ethnicities and no such discrepancies? It is not the fault of Matthew Flynn, David Goodwillie or Ally Love that football players are held up as role models. Football is lacking in morality no more than society as a whole - the world's greatest footballers and managers are all currently bribing their way out of jail time for tax evasion. I'd have thought that, in line with the working man's club heritage of QPFC, left-wing (and progressive) attitudes would prevail among their support. Or does this right-wing, let's-not-integrate-offenders-into-society barbaric attitude only prevail when it comes to a rival club? Genuinely intrigued to know.

9 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Ignoring the completely out of context meltdown from peternapper above, would any of the QP fans who've taken issue with my original post be up for engaging in an intelligent, civilised discussion? The first point I'd like to address is why Queen's Park ever decided that signing and fielding professional players was worth the loss of their true amateur status. Surely it detracts from the pride you have in your club knowing that you're only still amateurs because of a technicality (that being your professional players are primarily registered with another club)?

After that, I can educate you all on why Clyde are - contrary to the opining of those with the baying-mob, social justice mentality - morally sound in employing players with chequered histories. Should a plumber be disqualified from plumbing ever again because he's dealt drugs? 50.01% likely to have raped someone? Allegedly called someone who has a personal vandetta against him a "Paki b*****d" after 6+ years working with people of a variety of ethnicities and no such discrepancies? It is not the fault of Matthew Flynn, David Goodwillie or Ally Love that football players are held up as role models. Football is lacking in morality no more than society as a whole - the world's greatest footballers and managers are all currently bribing their way out of jail time for tax evasion. I'd have thought that, in line with the working man's club heritage of QPFC, left-wing (and progressive) attitudes would prevail among their support. Or does this right-wing, let's-not-integrate-offenders-into-society barbaric attitude only prevail when it comes to a rival club? Genuinely intrigued to know.

Whompercunt.

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

If anyone does have to suffer a midweek journey to Peterhead, calculate in about 2 hours from the south side of Aberdeen. There are horrendous roadworks south and north of Aberdeen. That coupled with the usual evening rush hour traffic, it will be a nightmare journey.

'Mon the Binos. Times two. xxxx

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Piss off ya fanny

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Whompercunt.

There's that intelligent debate I was after! Can we expect a similar meltdown from you to the one we got last time after Stenhousemuir saw QP off? I fair enjoyed that one. You're the person who first brought Stenhousemuir's status as cheating scum to my attention! 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Whompercunt.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

There's that intelligent debate I was after! Can we expect a similar meltdown from you to the one we got last time after Stenhousemuir saw QP off? I fair enjoyed that one. You're the person who first brought Stenhousemuir's status as cheating scum to my attention! 

No one’s really interested in your opinion.  

Archived