Stenhousemuir -vs- Queen's Park, Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched our goal again from Tuesday. Good passing move with the players showing patience in the build up. The result being a great team goal. More of that tomorrow please and let's hope the "get it up the park" section in our support realise that's the best way to play 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 18:22, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Ayr tried that with Shankland and the committee met within 48 hours. They don't want to be seen favouring anyone at this time of the season. Besides, they have the power to 'up' a sentence if the mood takes them. At least he'll be out the cooler for the last game, if we get that far.

The Pars had defender Lee Ashcroft sent off in Tuesday's first leg.

However, Dunfermline have appealed against the dismissal and Ashcroft will be available at Tannadice, with the appeal to be heard on 10 May.

The Pars had defender Lee Ashcroft sent off in Tuesday's first leg.

However, Dunfermline have appealed against the dismissal and Ashcroft will be available at Tannadice, with the appeal to be heard on 10 May.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1823/judicial-panel-protocol-2017-18.pdf

Big clubs can afford it maybe. Section 16. I'm sure if Gus thought it had a chance they would go for it but it would have to clear cut for the SFA to turn against a ref.

8 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

If we can have the same mindset and the same atmosphere as we did at Hampden last Saturday then we will win 2-0 . 

Tactics are pretty clear. Score more than Stenny. It's been good to see midfielders getting further up the pitch and we've seen the difference. McLaughlan for Cummins, the rest as was. No reason we can't win this. 'Mon the Hoops!

A big day for the Club today, as staying in this league would raise morale before whatever off-the-pitch news comes our way during the close season. And if we lose the first goal, then I hope that the usual suspects give the moaning a rest for once and that we all continue to back the team and the coach for the full 90 or 120 minutes. God help us if it goes to penalties though as (from memory) that's now six in a row that we've missed?

Anyway, good luck to the lads, and may the better team win today and that the best team wins the play-offs!

It will be unsurprising if the only difference between the sides is that one wee moment of quality from Paton that created Stenny's second goal.

Both teams have been sloppy in possession throughout and neither has found a decent final ball very often.

Paton definitely a stand out and 2 great finishes from McGuigan having said that I still fancy Peterhead to get promoted. Queen’s Park were awful and showed nothing their number 10 was their best player I thought, some nice neat touches but ultimately Queen’s weren’t up too much. Didn’t even throw a centre half forward for the last 5 minutes.

In the sanctuary of the summer break I'll probably come to terms with the fact we didn't deserve another year in this league but still disappointed right now at how tamely we went down. The reality is there were many games across the season where we dropped points lightly, enough that we shouldn't have had to worry about play-offs. But still we had chances to win it today. Had Keena's thunderbolt in the first half gone in, who knows where it might have led us to. Leitch, Fotheringham, Keena, Donnelly, McLaughlan and, MotM for me, Gibson all can feel content. The rest were fitful, to be polite.

Over the last few weeks, as desperation crept in, I was hopeful that Gus had finally accepted winning games was more likely if you attack in numbers. Sadly, his decision to replace Millen with Galt snatched hope away. Nimmo on to centre back, Burns to right, Gibson left. Positions they are all familiar with and they all think like defenders. But Gus decides to put our gamechanger at right back, which was proven not to work just a few weeks ago, and deny a revival of our flagging front line. Bizarre!

Not sure how many if these lads will be with us next term but it seems likely that this squad will struggle in L2 as well. It's going to be a busy summer all round.

Good luck to Stenny. Not sure if you've got what it will take to beat Peterheid but you're certainly entitled to a crack at it on today's performance.

I think we deserved that over the two legs. We started really brightly but once we got the goal seemed to sit off it.

In the end one piece of magic from Paton and a nice finish from McGuigan was enough to win it. Queen’s barely threatened in the 2nd half. Young Dunlop strolled through the game.

We did look tired towards the end, and Paton is playing with an injury, but less than 100% fit we still need him around to do something like he did today.

I’m hoping that before Wednesday we can learn how to defend set pieces and how to score from them. Our chances of beating Peterhead, a team we have beaten 3 times this season already incidentally, would increase exponentially.

Hats off to Brown and the team. A few weeks ago we were in a bit of a slump but we seem to have come out of it, and fit again McGuigan and Jimmy Scott mean we have a real chance.

Archived