The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Considering moments before Robbo said it was a loan, it must be some contact he has to know his wage and fee.

I stated fans on SRE wanted him on loan to end of season, I stated we could not take him on loan , I stated why we could not take him on loan , so I don’t get your point 

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, D said:

Looking at some of the names I think “strengthening” is a stretch.

Partick have with Rudden , Dom Thomas is also decent for Dunfermline

I'll bet you if we had done the exact same business that Dunfermline have in the window so far you'd be up in arms raging about how terrible things were.  But instead you are using them as an example of someone strengthening as an excuse to have a moan about us.    

Rudden is a good signing for Thistle if the 2 year permanent deal is correct.   I dont think we need a striker just now but I'd still have taken him for sure - realistically though if it comes to a straight up bidding contest between us and Partick surely most people realise by now that we arent going to win that.   

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

I'll bet you if we had done the exact same business that Dunfermline have in the window so far you'd be up in arms raging about how terrible things were.  But instead you are using them as an example of someone strengthening as an excuse to have a moan about us.    

Rudden is a good signing for Thistle if the 2 year permanent deal is correct.   I dont think we need a striker just now but I'd still have taken him for sure - realistically though if it comes to a straight up bidding contest between us and Partick surely most people realise by now that we arent going to win that.   

Until people get rid of this small club mentality we are never going to progress. 

Until people get rid of this small club mentality we are never going to progress. 

It’s not a small club mentality. They have more money than us. That’s a pretty simple fact that goes a long way to getting players.

They also have McCall, who we know can sell the idea of playing for his club very well.

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

. He would have been international standard for sure.

Absolutely impossible to judge. 

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

. They’ve also let Andy Ryan go and Harry Cochrane has went back to Hearts. Might not be the most important players but they still need replacing.

Cochrane effectively gets replaced by Joe Thomson returning to full fitness. 

Andy Ryan hasn't been a starter for a long time, while McDonald never played much at all due to injury. 

I think we'll bring in another attacker, the big thing is getting another goalkeeper in though tbh. 

Edited by Grant228

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Correct , next to no strengthening going on , some clubs have not even managed to replace all their loan players that have been recalled , SRE going off about why we didn’t sign Rudden and allowing him to go to Partick , there is only  1 reason,  we cannot sign him as the maximum number of  loan  players you are allowed from 1 team is 2 and we have Kelly and Houston from Rangers 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Not worth the fee being discussed , been a flop down south and was poor in the end up for Falkirk 

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I stated fans on SRE wanted him on loan to end of season, I stated we could not take him on loan , I stated why we could not take him on loan , so I don’t get your point 

My point is you’ve went from saying the 1 reason we couldn’t get him was we couldn’t get another loan player from rangers, which in its self is true, but he’s signing permanently. To then within minutes knowing what wage he’s going to be on (you said he’ll be on more than our highest earner and what the fee is going to be) which I find hard to believe.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Depends what you mean by progress.  In the last 5 years we have progressed quite considerably I would say.  Doesnt mean we can  (or should) be able to offer higher wages than a club with a much higher fanbase and I'd suggest significantly more money than us.  Who will also (and this is a guess) possible be prepared to pay slightly over the odds at the moment to avoid the threat of going down.

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s this sort of delusional mentality that I love about football fans. It’s not a small club ‘mentality’. It’s having less fans, less money, and - yes - being a smaller club. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Also, anyone doesn’t believe we need another striker is absolutely off their head. 

Personally I'd love another striker but for me it's certainly not a priority in this window if we are only signing 2 or 3 players.  

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

My point is you’ve went from saying the 1 reason we couldn’t get him was we couldn’t get another loan player from rangers, which in its self is true, but he’s signing permanently. To then within minutes knowing what wage he’s going to be on (you said he’ll be on more than our highest earner and what the fee is going to be) which I find hard to believe.

Ask the right people and you get good information, I was informed we could not match wages he was on , I don’t know what anyone earns though 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Hursty said:

Personally I'd love another striker but for me it's certainly not a priority in this window if we are only signing 2 or 3 players.  

We need at least a centre half, centre mid and striker in this window, a winger to finish the squad. 

Also, anyone doesn’t believe we need another striker is absolutely off their head. 

I think we do but only providing we can get shot of Doolan. At present we only play with one striker and currently have 4.

I suppose another option would be to try and loan Doolan or McKenzie to a League 1 or 2 team but that would probably only allow us to bring in another unproven youngster from a Premiership team.

We are a fucking small club

Less than 2000 home fans FFS, at a time when we've been playing some great stuff and challenging near the top of the championship.

It's where we are unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We are a fucking small club

Less than 2000 home fans FFS, at a time when we've been playing some great stuff and challenging near the top of the championship.

It's where we are unfortunately.

We had less than 1000 for a game this season!  

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I think we need in this window:

A Starting CB

Centre Mid (2 if Kerr retires or Docherty slithers to Thistle)

Winger 

Striker

I’d also love to see Andy Murdoch sign a deal for next season. 

I think we're stuck with Doolan for the rest of the season tbh, i mean no clubs are going to be queing up to take him off our hands with a ratio of 1 goal in 11 games and McCall probably gave him quite a high end wage i would have thought which is another problem.

I also think we need another striker cause Moff rarely scores and the goals have dried up from midfield recenlty leaving us to rely on Craig Moore.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I think we need in this window:

A Starting CB

Centre Mid (2 if Kerr retires or Docherty slithers to Thistle)

Winger 

Striker

I’d also love to see Andy Murdoch sign a deal for next season. 

I'd put the winger and striker in to the 'want' rather than 'need' category.  Totally agree with the rest though, would have the centre mid as first priority.  And 100% agree re Murdoch - I know it's a cliche but getting him to sign a deal for next season genuinely would feel like a new player for me.