The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The lack of signings is beginning to get annoying meanwhile everyone else is strengthening

Everyone else?  If Djaffo's thread is accurate I am not convinced anyone else has strengthened. We've signed nobody. Alloa signed nobody. Most of the rest are net bodies down. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Looking at some of the names I think “strengthening” is a stretch.

Correct , next to no strengthening going on , some clubs have not even managed to replace all their loan players that have been recalled , SRE going off about why we didn’t sign Rudden and allowing him to go to Partick , there is only  1 reason,  we cannot sign him as the maximum number of  loan  players you are allowed from 1 team is 2 and we have Kelly and Houston from Rangers 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Correct , next to no strengthening going on , some clubs have not even managed to replace all their loan players that have been recalled , SRE going off about why we didn’t sign Rudden and allowing him to go to Partick , there is only  1 reason,  we cannot sign him as the maximum number of  Liam players you are allowed from 1 team is 2 and we have Kelly and Houston from Rangers 

He’s signing on a 2 year permanent deal.

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The lack of signings is beginning to get annoying meanwhile everyone else is strengthening

We always wait , which is the right thing to do , non of the players we have spoken to have signed for any other club so what’s the issue 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Correct , next to no strengthening going on , some clubs have not even managed to replace all their loan players that have been recalled , SRE going off about why we didn’t sign Rudden and allowing him to go to Partick , there is only  1 reason,  we cannot sign him as the maximum number of  Liam players you are allowed from 1 team is 2 and we have Kelly and Houston from Rangers 

No many Liam's at Rangers

Not worth the fee being discussed , been a flop down south and was poor in the end up for Falkirk 

I would disagree.

I have no idea what fee is involved but he was very good in a very poor Falkirk team. As it stands we don’t need any strikers unless we can shift someone in that department but I was buzzing at the prospect of having Rudden potentially signing in the summer. The loss to Stranraer killed off any hope of that.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would disagree.

I have no idea what fee is involved but he was very good in a very poor Falkirk team. As it stands we don’t need any strikers unless we can shift someone in that department but I was buzzing at the prospect of having Rudden potentially signing in the summer. The loss to Stranraer killed off any hope of that.

Opinions vary , I don’t rate him  , and would not pay the fee along with his rumoured wage , which is above our top earner 

Edited by Robbo63

Partick have with Rudden , Dom Thomas is also decent for Dunfermline

Thistle are slightly different to everyone else in that they’ve got a lot of work to do over January.

Dunfermline have only swapped Thomas in for Kiltie and he’s not even as good as him. They’ve also let Andy Ryan go and Harry Cochrane has went back to Hearts. Might not be the most important players but they still need replacing.

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, D said:

Looking at some of the names I think “strengthening” is a stretch.

Partick have with Rudden , Dom Thomas is also decent for Dunfermline

Have Thistle confirmed Rudden? They need to strengthen but fair enough. 

Thomas is a good signing for Dunfermline but with Kiltie, Cochrane, McDonald, Ryan all gone, they certainly arent stronger yet.