The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So Alan Forrest is the latest to switch to Dundee United *sigh

Don't think he's ready for the premiership IMO, still blows hot and cold in the Championship, another year back at us on loan would probably help him.

*this is getting really annoying now clubs coming and nabbing our best assets on PCA, i'd rather we'd just lost Forrest last season in the summer tbh than get to half way through this season and know he's going to be fucking off at the end of the season which starts all this pish about whether he'll give 100% for the remainder of the season.

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

A decent player , and don’t worry we will improve the squad , some players may not be available right away as some being mentioned could be on trips with their clubs during the Premiership winter break 

Good to hear Robbo. 👏

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

So Alan Forrest is the latest to switch to Dundee United *sigh

Don't think he's ready for the premiership IMO, still blows hot and cold in the Championship, another year back at us on loan would probably help him.

*this is getting really annoying now clubs coming and nabbing our best assets on PCA, i'd rather we'd just lost Forrest last season in the summer tbh than get to half way through this season and know he's going to be fucking off at the end of the season which starts all this pish about whether he'll give 100% for the remainder of the season.

Has this been confirmed? I have only saw rumours from fans that want Forrest, but nothing official.

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Has this been confirmed? I have only saw rumours from fans that want Forrest, but nothing official.

Absolutely nothing official, only guarantee(  in my opinion) is he will not be with us next season and good luck to the guy has given us top service over his time with us and deserves a move to a bigger club 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

@Robbo63 has said he's going to a club which is soon to be in the premiership

Robbo said he will be going to a Premiership Club or a club who could be Premiership soon , that was an answer to a guy who said he was signing  for Partick Thistle and letting him know he is better than their level 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Robbo said he will be going to a Premiership Club or a club who could be Premiership soon , that was an answer to a guy who said he was singing for Partick Thistle and letting him know he is better than their level 

Buying into the Dundee cause already? Smashing.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Absolutely nothing official, only guarantee(  in my opinion) is he will not be with us next season and good luck to the guy has given us top service over his time with us and deserves a move to a bigger club 

Quite depressing stuff so far (on top of our recent performances), I hope to hell there's some cash available and I also hope Kerr has some decent targets lined up.........

The next six months look massive for the club. From the team that was promoted 2 years ago we are going to lose or have lost Shankland, Smith, Rose, Forrest, Docherty, Crawford and Harvey. Seven of the most important players in the last ten years and all for zero transfer fees. 

Loan players like Dohan, Kelly and Houston maybe coming back, maybe not next year, leaving us with McCowan as our only real asset. 

The fact these players are moving........if not up, to bigger clubs for more money shows how far we have come over over the last ten years and we could return there quickly unless money can be put in to the team from somewhere. New board members, the sale of McCowan or Rose going for eight figures from Coventry hopefully. 

I don't feel fine with Houston tbh.  Wouldn't care in the slightest if he was recalled or sent back. 
I'm amazed by this. The boy has impressed me every time I've watched him, and he seems to be getting better.

Surely this isn't a common held view??

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The next six months look massive for the club. From the team that was promoted 2 years ago we are going to lose or have lost Shankland, Smith, Rose, Forrest, Docherty, Crawford and Harvey. Seven of the most important players in the last ten years and all for zero transfer fees. 

Loan players like Dohan, Kelly and Houston maybe coming back, maybe not next year, leaving us with McCowan as our only real asset. 

The fact these players are moving........if not up, to bigger clubs for more money shows how far we have come over over the last ten years and we could return there quickly unless money can be put in to the team from somewhere. New board members, the sale of McCowan or Rose going for eight figures from Coventry hopefully. 

Is that including figures after the decimal point? 😉

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm amazed by this. The boy has impressed me every time I've watched him, and he seems to be getting better.

Surely this isn't a common held view??

He's still extremely raw and I think he's probably dipped a bit as the team has struggled overall and has he comes to terms playing regularly in the Championship, bar a short spell on loan at Airdrie hes only played youth and reserve football. 

He's definitely better going forward than defending, which isn't that unusual in modern day full backs, but as he gains more experience you'd hope there'd be all round improvements to come. 

Overall as a 19 year old prospect we'd be crazy not to try and get him permanently if as has been reported he is eventually freed by Rangers. 

Naturally as a young full back he might also (unfairly) be compared to Harvie. 

Hopefully he can stay hungry and keep improving.