The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Robbo63 said:

It’s on Facebook ( which I don’t have ) 

states

Plenty of good news coming out of Somerset tomorrow

, my info is Moore signing , and some  news which should make a number of fans happy 

If you're referring to the Xmas Offers at the club shop I'll be most disappointed.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

If you're referring to the Xmas Offers at the club shop I'll be most disappointed.

That’s the minor thing happening tomorrow, bigger news coming , I will leave at that , let’s look forward to tomorrow as a starter 

Edited by Robbo63

59 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Another 2 goals so far tonight for reserves away to Queen's Park in first 25 mins , this guy has a good future

Make that a hat trick after 60mins ( now subbed to give him a rest)  , along with a 30 yard screamer from McGuffie 4-1 after 60mins 

Edited by Robbo63

Thistle have tweeted a teaser type picture as well, so wouldn't surprise me if it's Doolan coming back (edit: as well as you guys announcing extensions or signings obvs).

If true, while I thought it was wrong to bin him in the middle of his testimonial year and I think he should have been given one more year in the summer, I think it's not great to bring him back with another half season of evidence of permanent decline on show- I don't even think it'll be as crowd pleasing as many think.

Edited by Fuctifano

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I wouldn’t describe a player leaving as exciting though. 

I would imagine they're referring to Moore's new contract as the "exciting" news. Whilst I think he's a useful squad player and I'm glad he's staying, that's getting folks hopes up by describing it as "exciting news". 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would imagine they're referring to Moore's new contract as the "exciting" news. Whilst I think he's a useful squad player and I'm glad he's staying, that's getting folks hopes up by describing it as "exciting news". 

Especially when it’s already common knowledge as Voice tweeted it earlier.  “Plenty of good knews” suggest to me a few re-signings or maybe the boy from Sweden signing. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

In fact is the Thistle tweet not more likely to be that Reece Cole guy extending his loan?

I saw McCall talking about wanting him to stay a few days ago. 

It was the #christmaswith... hashtag that made me originally think Doolan, not even Thistle could be as blatant as to use Krismas.

Cole for Christmas generally isn't regarded as a good thing but that was my other thought.

It was the #christmaswith... hashtag that made me originally think Doolan, not even Thistle could be as blatant as to use Krismas.
Cole for Christmas generally isn't regarded as a good thing but that was my other thought.

I’m 99% sure Doolan will sign for you at some point but I can’t see him moving just now when he can’t officially play until January. Thistle would be giving him a wage for nothing.

I think FW is right. Moore will re-sign as will Murdoch or Doc and we might announce Sam Alderson. Not what I would class as “exciting” but a solid days business.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m 99% sure Doolan will sign for you at some point but I can’t see him moving just now when he can’t officially play until January. Thistle would be giving him a wage for nothing.

Not if he is player coach or dare I say just plain old coach. Also 2 weeks before January ain't gonna bust the budget for Thistle. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think FW is right. Moore will re-sign as will Murdoch or Doc and we might announce Sam Alderson. Not what I would class as “exciting” but a solid days business.

Is Doolan not injured for a bit anyway? Plus it was hinted at his recent testimonial night that had the launch of the DVD about him that he would be more likely rejoining in the summer now rather than January 

Is Doolan not injured for a bit anyway? Plus it was hinted at his recent testimonial night that had the launch of the DVD about him that he would be more likely rejoining in the summer now rather than January 

“Injured” yeah.

More likely that Kerr knows he’s leaving and just isn’t using him. He’s no great loss anyway.