Jump to content
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Crawford, Shankland and Moore scored in the first game if I remember right, with Moffat blasting a penalty onto Somerset Road.

Shankland, Moff and Sir James of Adams scored in the second one.

That 2nd one was my favourite game of that season by some distance.  Pishing with rain, had thought the league was by just a few weeks previously and we hammered them.  Always thought it was very impressive that Shankland got the first goal in all 4 meetings that season - big game player.  

He is shite now of course haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Nah

I still think our defence is too weak. Of all the players we lost in the summer I think Rose is the one we’re missing most.

However had Forrest stayed fit last season we might’ve been closer. There’s also a case to be made that McCowan could’ve played a bigger part earlier in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Could do with a Crawford about now. Definitely need a Rose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Could do with a Crawford about now. Definitely need a Rose.


A central midfield three of Docherty, Crawford and Kelly would be decent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

No. We could have Shankland, Messi and Ronaldo and we’d still blow it.

its the Ayr way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No. We could have Shankland, Messi and Ronaldo and we’d still blow it.

its the Ayr way 

Imagine the player the boy Messi could be playing next to the Moff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Would depend on whether the manager tried to shoehorn a second striker into the team as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Imagine the player the boy Messi could be playing next to the Moff

Given he hasn't been the same player since Ineista left and Ineista is a poor mans Moffat it would be some partnership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We agreed we can only sign Ronaldo and Messi if Moffat stays then? 

I'll up my 500 club commitment by a quid when they sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q&A from Thistle -- How many from Somerset earmarked ??

Will there be extra money for the January window?

In the usual way, the manager has put his costed plans to the interim Board and they have agreed to his proposal for activity in the transfer window. The interim Board’s objective is to support the manager’s aim to finish as high as we can, so they are acutely aware of the importance of financing the manager’s plans in this window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notwithstanding the fact it was Lachlan Cameron signing the pay checks, surely Craig Moore's loyalty is to Ian McCall rather than Ayr United? 

Given they way McCall stood by Moore through 2 or 3 serious injuries - when most would not have handed him a new contract - you couldn't begrudge Moorey for wanting to repay that faith by signing for Thistle in January. 

It looks like the only hope for Thistle is to completely gut Caldwell's squad and bring in 5, 6 or more new players. That is not going to be easy in January.  Moore is an obvious target because he is available - and I imagine McCall will be going all out to get him -but there aren't going to be too many others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Notwithstanding the fact it was Lachlan Cameron signing the pay checks, surely Craig Moore's loyalty is to Ian McCall rather than Ayr United? 

Given they way McCall stood by Moore through 2 or 3 serious injuries - when most would not have handed him a new contract - you couldn't begrudge Moorey for wanting to repay that faith by signing for Thistle in January. 

It looks like the only hope for Thistle is to completely gut Caldwell's squad and bring in 5, 6 or more new players. That is not going to be easy in January.  Moore is an obvious target because he is available - and I imagine McCall will be going all out to get him -but there aren't going to be too many others. 

I keep hearing from various sources that McCall is after Moore, Forrest, Harvie & McCowan however I take it all with a huge pinch of salt.

Other than Moore the rest are under contract until the summer at least and in McCowans case an additional year, so he is COMPLETELY out of the reach of McCall & Partick.

As for Harvie & Forrest, well again I'd find it hard to believe that either would seriously be looking at a move to a club like Partick Thistle, especially when their stock is currently so high, furthermore I would imagine that it would take bids of £100k+ each, for our board to even listen to anything in January, as both are key players and we certainly wouldn't be selling to a rival unless we received silly money knowing that they would potentially be walking away for nothing in the summer.

The other two mentioned regularly are Doohan & Kelly but again there's seriously no way that Rangers and Celtic would recall two players who've been developing well at the top end of the Championship to hand them instead to a team struggling at the bottom and potentially heading for League 1.

As for Moore, if he goes he goes and as much as I'd quite like him to stay, I certainly wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a look at the forecast there for Tuesday night and it's to be gusting 50mph winds, if the forecast doesn't change we could be looking at another postponement i fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Having a look at the forecast there for Tuesday night and it's to be gusting 50mph winds, if the forecast doesn't change we could be looking at another postponement i fear.

Get a roof built - retracting one obviously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I keep hearing from various sources that McCall is after Moore, Forrest, Harvie & McCowan however I take it all with a huge pinch of salt.

Other than Moore the rest are under contract until the summer at least and in McCowans case an additional year, so he is COMPLETELY out of the reach of McCall & Partick.

As for Harvie & Forrest, well again I'd find it hard to believe that either would seriously be looking at a move to a club like Partick Thistle, especially when their stock is currently so high, furthermore I would imagine that it would take bids of £100k+ each, for our board to even listen to anything in January, as both are key players and we certainly wouldn't be selling to a rival unless we received silly money knowing that they would potentially be walking away for nothing in the summer.

The other two mentioned regularly are Doohan & Kelly but again there's seriously no way that Rangers and Celtic would recall two players who've been developing well at the top end of the Championship to hand them instead to a team struggling at the bottom and potentially heading for League 1.

As for Moore, if he goes he goes and as much as I'd quite like him to stay, I certainly wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him...............

Do you remember what happened to Shankland? If the players can leave for free in the summer, the January transfer window's when we should cash in. Unfortunately without the strength of argument to start the bidding at 100k.

We'd be lucky to get a quarter of that if the players intention is to sit and leave for free in the summer.

Buying clubs could quite easily make contact with 3rd parties in January to ask the players to sit tight and run their contract down. Healthy signing on fee for the player, a cut for his agent and the selling club left with nothing but memories.

Edited by BukyOHare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Do you remember what happened to Shankland? If the players can leave for free in the summer, the January transfer window's when we should cash in. Unfortunately without the strength of argument to start the bidding at 100k.

We'd be lucky to get a quarter of that if the players intention is to sit and leave for free in the summer.

Buying clubs could quite easily make contact with 3rd parties in January to ask the players to sit tight and run their contract down. Healthy signing on fee for the player, a cut for his agent and the selling club left with nothing but memories.

Losing a league position from 4th to 5th would cost us £75k in prize money and 4th to 6th would be a difference of £100k, as such it wouldn't make any financial sense to let ANYONE go for under £100k, especially if it means strengthening one of your main rivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone ever notice that our games consistently get the least column inches in terms of previews in the papers? Also always seems to be based on the other team. Do we do all we can to engage the press?

Seems like a small thing but this type of thing can play a small part in helping shake the apathy off in the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...