The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I missed the deadline unfortunately but I'd have voted your as best poster for Ayr.

It's incredibly informative having someone with close access to the club.

He isn’t going to get you free tickets mate. 

Spoiler

He gave me his last one. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Motherwell would be a good move for him, couldn't begrudge that. Think i realised on Saturday what prospect he has got when in the second half he ended up in the right mid position at the edge of the box, skinned the guy and then put a peach of a ball across the face of goal which was begging for a tap in. Not bad for a left sided player.

He really has come on leaps and bounds recently and is only going to get better.

Is Forrest heading for the exit door aswell?

Can’t see too much upheaval in January , what do you think about selling a player in January ? Most fans complained we got nothing for our stars who all left at end of season , should we sell one of our stars in January to raise money ( Harvie, Forrest ?) I believe there is some good news coming soon !! ( nothing more to announce on this )

On 12/12/2019 at 19:05, Lochwood said:

The  young lad McKenzie should be playing,  raw but has something and if given more starting game time he could developed well

Another 2 goals so far tonight for reserves away to Queen's Park in first 25 mins , this guy has a good future

Edited by Robbo63

I'm hoping its Moffat signed on as player coach, Doolan out the door to Thistle with Docherty, Murdoch and Moore signing on for next year.

I would love it and I mean 'Kevin Keegan-esque' if it was Forrest and or Harvie but can't see it. Unfortunately

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Can’t see too much upheaval in January , what do you think about selling a player in January ? Most fans complained we got nothing for our stars who all left at end of season , should we sell one of our stars in January to raise money ( Harvie, Forrest ?) I believe there is some good news coming soon !! ( nothing more to announce on this )

If the players are prepared to run their contract down and are showing no interest in extending their stay then undoubtedly they should be sold in January. It's a no brainer, imagine if we had cashed in and sold Shankland for the quoted100 / 150,000. To put it into perspective that's an extra 10 - 15% of our annual turnover as a club.

We simply cannot keep losing players for nothing, we don't have the finances to keep losing our biggest assets season after season and expect to keep replacing them on loan signings and other teams cast offs and expect to keep overachieving.

Anything we get in can be reinvested and that's where you can perhaps start looking at young hungry players still in contract at teams in say League 1.

There are 2 or 3 currently playing there regularly at the moment who could be fantastic investments for us to develop and move on but crucially on our terms, for a healthy profit and with clauses included for future transfers which can be extremely lucrative for selling clubs.

That's why Dundee Utd threw the cheque book at Shankland, they've potentially got a player who could be worth certainly a healthy 6 figure fee, perhaps 7 figure fee in the right circumstances to the right club. 

A smarter transfer policy simply has to be implemented, undoubtedly  we're signing the right profile of player but if they're only ever on 1 year deals and rarely extend to a new contract we'll never truly maximise a decent return for them which is crucial for us to try and progress.

In a strange twist we risk longer term dangers in not cashing in, than we do in letting players stay and running their contract down. 

A couple of poor transfer windows back to back and we could be in big trouble. 

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is it the official twitter page that’s tweeted it? I can’t see tweet.  Screenshot please. 

It’s on Facebook ( which I don’t have ) 

states

Plenty of good news coming out of Somerset tomorrow

, my info is Moore signing , and some  news which should make a number of fans happy