The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Has he been injured? Haven't noticed him featuring for the reserves either, perhaps problems out with football I don't know, but a strange one to cite his lack of game time if he hasn't been injured.

Been a sub in last 3 games for first team , previous to that was out injured for 4 weeks , possibly not match fit yet , played 3 weeks ago for reserves against Albion Rovers  at Cumnock , surprised he was not playing last 2 reserve games when he needs the games 

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Been a sub in last 3 games for first team , previous to that was out injured for 4 weeks , possibly not match fit yet , played 3 weeks ago for reserves against Albion Rovers  at Cumnock , surprised he was not playing last 2 reserve games when he needs the games 

That's what I was getting at. Seems strange for the manager to bemoan he isn't match fit and not give him reserve games to get fit.

Who knows what we could've done with him in the team as a straight swap for McGowan during his suspension, and it might have given him an extended run to try and consistently show the talent that's in there somewhere.

With the formation we play and the style we play at our best, he really needs to be getting into that team on a regular basis, but that's only down to him.

He's seen McGowan come in and overtake him, and Forrest also take his game forward. For me he's got to dig in and try and take his own game and consistency onto another level than it is.

Whether that's extra gym work on his own or staying behind at training to work on his overall technique. He has to put the most into his game or I fear he's going to have to unlock his potential elsewhere.

From what I've seen it's everybody finishing at Ayr Academy at the same time and on the road.

I don't know the guy personally but you'd hope players at that stage of their career leave nothing to chance. For me in this situation, it's all down to the players attitude on and off the pitch, he is undoubtedly talented but it just isn't happening for him and he's the only person that can change the path his career is on.

Edited by BukyOHare

On 07/12/2019 at 21:25, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he means he’s in no rush to sign players. He’s saying there’s no rush for Cameron to confirm his budget as the players he wants to sign aren’t necessarily available yet. He mentioned that towards the end of January things open up as negotiations progress and players become available but if you take Craig Sibbald for example, he may have enquired but Gary Holt hasn’t decided what he wants to do with him yet.

I agree we need players but the last thing we need is having a January like last season where the players we want turn us down and we end up with dross. I think it was widely accepted we needed a striker and a midfielder as a minimum before Kerr came in. Looks like we now need a centre half as well.

Fair enough, read your message incorrectly so apologies for that. The problem might be trying to get Lachlan's budget stretched as far as Kerr would like it.

I suppose this will be the side of the game where he'll have to learn quickly and hopefully rely on decent recommendations from people and contacts that he trusts. Time will tell.

16 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Fair enough, read your message incorrectly so apologies for that. The problem might be trying to get Lachlan's budget stretched as far as Kerr would like it.

I suppose this will be the side of the game where he'll have to learn quickly and hopefully rely on decent recommendations from people and contacts that he trusts. Time will tell.

I know nothing of our budget but I do know that we're losing Kerr from the playing side, we've lost Ross (arguably our marquee signing), Adams appears to be finished but won't have cost much if on a "pay per play basis", we've lost Murdoch (insurance cover for his wages ?) and over and above our playing budget for the year had apparently been cut from the previous year. I'd imagine Doolan is also on a decent wage so if we could move him on in January that would be a further bonus as although he's not had many chances, he has failed to take the ones he has had and looks a shadow of his former self.

I'd also assume that the previous Management team were on higher salary's than the new one (although could be wrong), we're also one coach down and over and above we've apparently received compensation from Thistle for both McCall & Scally.

As such, I'd think there MUST be funds available in January for at least a couple of decent acquisitions............

Edited by WATTOO

38 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Good.

Harsh. A fully fit Craig Moore is an asset for us if he can find a bit of form and stay clear of injury. 
Might come back to haunt us if he goes to another club in this division. 

18 hours ago, rb123! said:

See Craig Moore is being reported in the AP as still not signed the contract, looks like he's got an offer on the table from McCall most likely that he's mulling over. 

Pretty sure it was stated in the press over a week ago that we were not pursuing the player and that he was signing a new deal with you guys 

Craig Moore is a committed player, penalty box striker who needs to play beside a good target man to play off, we do not have that type of player at the club and that’s why he does not look good on the eye, he is woefull at holding the ball up to let the team get up the park so is a misfit in this team. Unless Kerr is going to bring that kind of player to the club he will continue to be of nuisance value to the team with the odd goal thrown in.

The  young lad McKenzie should be playing,  raw but has something and if given more starting game time he could developed well

Craig Moore is a committed player, penalty box striker who needs to play beside a good target man to play off, we do not have that type of player at the club and that’s why he does not look good on the eye, he is woefull at holding the ball up to let the team get up the park so is a misfit in this team. Unless Kerr is going to bring that kind of player to the club he will continue to be of nuisance value to the team with the odd goal thrown in.
The  young lad McKenzie should be playing,  raw but has something and if given more starting game time he could developed well
No moffat?

No moffat?

If we ever have to play two strikers I’d be inclined to partner McKenzie and Moffat up front. In the games that I’ve seen McKenzie holds the ball up and has been pretty unlucky not to score in the past 2 games.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:
3 hours ago, D said:

Forrest and Harvie next please.

Doubt it unfortunately, think both will be snapped up on Pre Contracts next month, hopefully not Dundee United though

I have heard that Robinson was looking at Harvie and not Kelly , when at Somerset recently 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I have heard that Robinson was looking at Harvie and not Kelly , when at Somerset recently 

Motherwell would be a good move for him, couldn't begrudge that. Think i realised on Saturday what prospect he has got when in the second half he ended up in the right mid position at the edge of the box, skinned the guy and then put a peach of a ball across the face of goal which was begging for a tap in. Not bad for a left sided player.

He really has come on leaps and bounds recently and is only going to get better.

Is Forrest heading for the exit door aswell?