The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think you're being harsh.

If he'd not really made it back to full fitness then quite a few fans would be asking why he got a full season deal with such major injury issues and no guarantees.

It might still work out well, and hopefully he stays. But hindsight is 20/20.

There was absolutely no reason to think Moore wouldn’t get back to full fitness.  

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Assuming Murdoch signs a new contract he could find himself in  the same position Moore is at present.  If Moore does sign for Partick then the club  has to think what's the point?

I  don't think anyone is saying  Moore is Shankland 2.0. but with the size of the squad already and the players already needing replaced, it's another headache we could do without. Especially if he signs for thrift shop boy up the road.

And Kelly will be the next target I've no doubt.

Pretty much my attitude to Moore.  Not brilliant by any stretch, but a decent option given Doolan is heading for the glue factory and we have other positions we need to strengthen.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd be shocked if Rangers went to the bother of recalling Kelly just to loan him back out. I think they'll be pretty happy he's playing every week in a team that plays a style of football that gets him on the ball instead of feeding off scraps. He may well end up there next season but we can't do much about that. 

Agree it's very unlikely but not discounting it entirely. Wouldn't be the strangest thing ever to happen.

One person I don't think will be signing for him is Harvey. During the Partick game I remember his celebrations for the goals being way more enthusiastic than usual.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Assuming Murdoch signs a new contract he could find himself in  the same position Moore is at present.  If Moore does sign for Partick then the club  has to think what's the point?

I  don't think anyone is saying  Moore is Shankland 2.0. but with the size of the squad already and the players already needing replaced, it's another headache we could do without. Especially if he signs for thrift shop boy up the road.

And Kelly will be the next target I've no doubt.

Ah got you now.  Suppose it depends the contract - Murdoch supposedly due back fit in the summer so I'd happily see him sign until the end of next season now with the obvious gamble being that he is back at his best by August and we at least get a season out of him, rather than 4 or 5 games as we seem to be getting out of Moore. 

Anyone going to Thistle the now needs their head examined anyway. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Apart from the many other injuries he has had in his time with us....

The head injury was a ridiculous freak injury which could have finished him, but I don’t see a scrap of evidence that any other injuries he’s had were in any way career threatening.  Simple fact is that the professional medical assessment of his knee injury was that it required surgery but he’d be back playing in around 6 months.  Not a cruciate ligament or anything that nasty.  That guidance has proven pretty much on the money. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Ah got you now.  Suppose it depends the contract - Murdoch supposedly due back fit in the summer so I'd happily see him sign until the end of next season now with the obvious gamble being that he is back at his best by August and we at least get a season out of him, rather than 4 or 5 games as we seem to be getting out of Moore. 

Anyone going to Thistle the now needs their head examined anyway. 

I'd be very  surprised if he's back in the summer with that injury. Even the top footballers with similar seem to be out for a  full season at least, and that's with access  to the best medical treatment available.

The head injury was a ridiculous freak injury which could have finished him, but I don’t see a scrap of evidence that any other injuries he’s had were in any way career threatening.  Simple fact is that the professional medical assessment of his knee injury was that it required surgery but he’d be back playing in around 6 months.  Not a cruciate ligament or anything that nasty.  That guidance has proven pretty much on the money. 

He’s had several small injuries while with us meaning he has missed playing time ranging from a few weeks to months. I didn’t say anything about career threatening, you mentioned fully fit! He could quite easily have picked up niggles stopping him from getting fully fit and I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if he is injured again in the next few weeks.

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Since when have Partick turned into Rangers/Celtic? All these players like Moore, Harvie,and Kelly being touted to end up there. Freaking hell they've been bottom of the league for two seasons now. I just don’t get the “attraction” 

I'd imagine given the chance Moore would go given the wage rise.  I'd be astonished if any of the rest mentioned did, as I think they will have far better options when they come to leave. Harvie will definitely go higher, Forrest as well.  The loan guys we have no control over but I cant see any reason that Rangers or Celtic would want to pull their players from their current situation and throw them at Thistle.  They aren't daft. 

Some of these conspirasist theories with Moore and players going to Thistle are pretty comical, someone saying it was part of McCall's plan in the summer to give Moore six months as he knew he'd be at Thistle by January to sign him on there for free, deary me. 

Also to point out the blatantly obvious fact that Thistle are marooned at the bottom of the table in freefall to the seaside league why on earth would you move to Thistle, a few signings aren't just going to miraculously rocket them up to the top of the table into a title battle, it'll get them 7/8/9th if they're lucky. If they have no luck like Falkirk did then they'll still go down.

Pretty sure there was a championship player from this time last year who signed a pre contract with Falkirk and is now having to play with them in League 1, no player like Forrest or Harvie are going to be stupid enough to take that risk in January. Only way they'd sign a pre-contract with Thistle would be with a relegation get out clause, plus Harvie will have better offers than Partick Thistle.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Some of these conspirasist theories with Moore and players going to Thistle are pretty comical, someone saying it was part of McCall's plan in the summer to give Moore six months as he knew he'd be at Thistle by January to sign him on there for free, deary me. 

Also to point out the blatantly obvious fact that Thistle are marooned at the bottom of the table in freefall to the seaside league why on earth would you move to Thistle, a few signings aren't just going to miraculously rocket them up to the top of the table into a title battle, it'll get them 7/8/9th if they're lucky. If they have no luck like Falkirk did then they'll still go down.

Pretty sure there was a championship player from this time last year who signed a pre contract with Falkirk and is now having to play with them in League 1, no player like Forrest or Harvie are going to be stupid enough to take that risk in January. Only way they'd sign a pre-contract with Thistle would be with a relegation get out clause, plus Harvie will have better offers than Partick Thistle.

Think the Falkirk player could have went elsewhere if he wanted.

McCall's already been in to poach players we're using, that ain't going to stop for as long as they're shite with far higher wages, at least McCall won't earn another quid at Ayr.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yeah that was me. For your benefit, and yours only apparently, I should  point out it was not a serious post.

This why on Earth would ... go to ... is quite similar to a certain player signing for Dundee United in the summer.

Falkirk were a shambles last season and they still managed to get some pretty decent players in. If it hadn’t been for the manager they might’ve stayed up.

Money is the answer. If Weir wants to subside a spending spree for McCall then he can sign whoever he likes within reason. I’m not so sure Moore is the saviour he needs though. He’s at very best a 10 goal a season striker at this level.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This why on Earth would ... go to ... is quite similar to a certain player signing for Dundee United in the summer.

Falkirk were a shambles last season and they still managed to get some pretty decent players in. If it hadn’t been for the manager they might’ve stayed up.

Money is the answer. If Weir wants to subside a spending spree for McCall then he can sign whoever he likes within reason. I’m not so sure Moore is the saviour he needs though. He’s at very best a 10 goal a season striker at this level.

If Moore stays and I can't see him not staying he'll get more than 10 goals in half a season.   

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He's been on record on numerous occasions stating that he won't be doing this. He's wiped the debt and is gifting the club to the fans, however being a sugar daddy who's going to bankroll them just will not be happening.

I have first hand experience of the "weir trust" and they're great for helping out local community and youth initiatives etc and will help with facilities for development etc but as for throwing money at football players wages etc, then No, I just can't see it at all.