The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The thing that Forrest is missing is a 15-20 goal season. He’s always around the 10 goal mark but for him to go to play at a higher level he needs to show he’s a regular goal threat. This season looks as though he can get there if he stays fit.

I think he’d be perfect to move into the Moffat role (when the great man retires) but I can’t see him sticking around long enough for that to be the case.

Forrest has scored over 50 goals for us in less than 200 games which is s pretty decent return for any midfielder.  I think he’s still only 22/23 despite the fact it feels like he’s been around for years.  Like Crawford, he has also suffered a lot from being played out of position for long periods.  15-20 goals a season seems a bit unrealistic - it’s hard enough finding strikers who can return that number.  

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Forrest has scored over 50 goals for us in less than 200 games which is s pretty decent return for any midfielder.  I think he’s still only 22/23 despite the fact it feels like he’s been around for years.  Like Crawford, he has also suffered a lot from being played out of position for long periods.  15-20 goals a season seems a bit unrealistic - it’s hard enough finding strikers who can return that number.  

Forrest has yet to break into double figures for goals in a season. However, he is only one goal away from equalling his highest tally which is 9 goals. Interestingly, he has scored 9 goals in four separate seasons. He currently has 8 goals after 13 games which is a great scoring record for a midfielder. This season could be the one were he scores double figures.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Is Tiffoney still suing us? I haven't seen anything about it since last September.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/footballer-sues-club-over-his-dream-deal-nightmare/

His whole career (if you can call it that) is a sorry tale. Totally self inflicted. 

Pretty sure Lachlan said in one of the Q&As that he wasn’t successful (surprise surprise) but it still cost the club a fair bit of money in legal expenses.

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think we can safely say Dundee United are going to romp the league. Pivotal we finish 2nd to give us the best possible chance in the playoffs. 

I'm a wee bit worried about our inevitable collapse in the second half of the season. Hoping this was a phenomenon under McCall and Kerr & McArdle can sort it out.

I'm a wee bit worried about our inevitable collapse in the second half of the season. Hoping this was a phenomenon under McCall and Kerr & McArdle can sort it out.

I do think a big part of this was having injury prone players in a small squad. Hopefully with Ross already gone and Adams and Doolan away in January we can bolster the squad with guys that stay fit.

I agree that Dundee United look likely to win the league but there’s no reason why we can’t hold onto 2nd place.

Think we can safely say Dundee United are going to romp the league. Pivotal we finish 2nd to give us the best possible chance in the playoffs. 
Hopefully not. We've got them at home last game of the season and I'd consider it our finest achievement if we were to ruin it for them

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I do think a big part of this was having injury prone players in a small squad. Hopefully with Ross already gone and Adams and Doolan away in January we can bolster the squad with guys that stay fit.

I agree that Dundee United look likely to win the league but there’s no reason why we can’t hold onto 2nd place.

Depends how much cash the likes of Dundee and Inverness spunk on a new team in January, well Dundee will but Inverness are skint.

For us to get top 2...

We need at the very least 1 central defender ideally 2 as Roscoe and Muirhead as a partnership will not do. 

At the very least 1 new centre midfielder as Murdoch will be out for the season and with Kerr.

And to tie down Craig Moore until the end of the season and another striker. 

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

For us to get top 2...

We need at the very least 1 central defender ideally 2 as Roscoe and Muirhead as a partnership will not do. 

At the very least 1 new centre midfielder as Murdoch will be out for the season and with Kerr.

And to tie down Craig Moore until the end of the season and another striker. 

And we need them all not to be duds, which may be a tall order considering it's  his first transfer window. Hanging onto where we are now when the window opens will of course  allow us to attract a better quality of player.