The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't believe I had to read through three pages of folk dribbling on about stewarding just to post this, but we had yer man Mark Kerr on the podcast today - and he spoke well. He seems a very analytical type, especially when he spoke about watching back his own touchline demeanour from the Dundee game, which I thought was particularly interesting. I also fangirl over Luke McCowan, Alan Forrest, Craig Moore and Michael Moffat.

Link's here if you want to tear yourself away from steward based discussions for 40 minutes or so.

[/url] Or here if you can't see tweets.

I listened to this earlier and fair enjoyed it. Reassuring to hear he’s back fit for action and despite him not not wanting to throw himself straight back in, we are really missing him at the minute.

However a massive f**k you for reminding me that all my old SPL stickers were lost years ago. Like you I’m certain I had the great man himself in sticker form.

Amazing, the same two obsessed QOTS fans are the only two who have replied so far. Some shift today guys. 
Genuinely, what a w**k post
Anyway. 
Last game I was at at Palmerston, we were rammed in to a corner of the stand, despite the rest of it being empty. A group of five of us turned up and we were made to sit in a three and a two in different rows because it was the only seats available in the only section for Ayr fans. More and more fans turned up and were sitting in the empty section beside us, the stewards were moving them down to the front to wait to be seated by the other steward like he was a maitre'd.
I don't pay money to sit, crammed in to a section of a stand while some arsehole steward tries his hardest to ruin folks day. Its a personal choice.  
So, actually your problem is the seating arrangements rather than the stewards. Thanks for clearing that up. That's a far more valid reason for not going to a game, apart from the fact that you can easily check before hand where the away fans will be.
Don't believe I had to read through three pages of folk dribbling on about stewarding just to post this, but we had yer man Mark Kerr on the podcast today - and he spoke well. He seems a very analytical type, especially when he spoke about watching back his own touchline demeanour from the Dundee game, which I thought was particularly interesting.
I also fangirl over Luke McCowan, Alan Forrest, Craig Moore and Michael Moffat.
Link's here if you want to tear yourself away from steward based discussions for 40 minutes or so.
[/url] Or here if you can't see tweets.
You can post replies without reading anything.

Shame the Daily Record doesn't have its own website [emoji849]

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

So, actually your problem is the seating arrangements rather than the stewards. Thanks for clearing that up. That's a far more valid reason for not going to a game, apart from the fact that you can easily check before hand where the away fans will be. 

My initial post said I didn't go to grounds because of the clubs and stewards and the contempt they had for away fans so I am not sure I was clearing anything up. 

16 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't go to Palmerston, Dens or whatever Dumbartons ground is called nowadays because of arsehole stewards and the contempt they and the club show for away fans. 

Is your suggestion that I should check the club website and see if they are going to treat us like scum before travelling?  Or check to see who the stewarding company is and see if they have changed since my last visit? 

If I went to the cinema and was told, you cant pick your seat, you'll sit where we want you to and the usher will spend the first 20 min of the film telling people where to sit despite there being empty seats less than 2 metres away. I would not go back to that cinema, it is my money and they don't deserve it when other places manage to work it all out without fans even noticing. 

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

Well I could, but I didn't want to repost it because I'm a very un-spammy P&B angel of a poster who has no real business still mixing in the big boy threads.

I am unsure what the second paragraph is in reference too, so I won't say anything in case I'm being whoooshed.

Well I could, but I didn't want to repost it because I'm a very un-spammy P&B angel of a poster who has no real business still mixing in the big boy threads.
I am unsure what the second paragraph is in reference too, so I won't say anything in case I'm being whoooshed.

He’s just in a bad mood cause we slagged off his clubs stewards for being shite.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

My initial post said I didn't go to grounds because of the clubs and stewards and the contempt they had for away fans so I am not sure I was clearing anything up. 

Is your suggestion that I should check the club website and see if they are going to treat us like scum before travelling?  Or check to see who the stewarding company is and see if they have changed since my last visit? 

If I went to the cinema and was told, you cant pick your seat, you'll sit where we want you to and the usher will spend the first 20 min of the film telling people where to sit despite there being empty seats less than 2 metres away. I would not go back to that cinema, it is my money and they don't deserve it when other places manage to work it all out without fans even noticing. 

*sigh*

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s just in a bad mood cause we slagged off his clubs stewards for being shite.

Isnt everyone this protective of their stewards?

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I will not have a bad word said about our stewards. Do you not remember the one punching the Airdrie fan in the puss. 

A point well made, I remember that vividly.

After the Airdrie supporters knocked one of our stewards to the ground in the railway end. If memory serves, it looked like they were kicking the steward? Another steward ran from the opposition dugout and hit the perpetrator with a super uppercut it was like something out of street fighter. No less than the Airdrie fan deserved.

I don't remember any reporting of that in the media. 

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Quick change of pace for you tetchy seaside boys.  Any comments on young Jordan Houston?  How's he doing?

He's doing ok, needs a new pair of boots though!