The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don't go to Palmerston, Dens or whatever Dumbartons ground is called nowadays because of arsehole stewards and the contempt they and the club show for away fans.  

I've never been thrown out a ground, been spoken to about being thrown out a ground or been involved in any altercation that should have led to either of the aforementioned. But some clubs treat away fans a nuisance and some stewards act like small town nightclub bouncers. 

I don't go to Palmerston, Dens or whatever Dumbartons ground is called nowadays because of arsehole stewards and the contempt they and the club show for away fans.  
I've never been thrown out a ground, been spoken to about being thrown out a ground or been involved in any altercation that should have led to either of the aforementioned. But some clubs treat away fans a nuisance and some stewards act like small town nightclub bouncers. 
Dundee's are wanks. I've never seen much drama in among the away support with stewards at Palmerston and Dumbarton's are probably the nicest ones I've spoken to. You appear to have a few fuckwits in among your support and it's possible some stewards just have a blanket treatment of fans when there are supporters like that.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Jeez. The Queens fans are a bit obsessed eh? Yous won your big cup final, let it go lads. 

We're discussing an incident that occurred at Palmerston. Why wouldn't Queens fans comment?

YOU WERENT THERE,MAN!!!111!!1!!!!!

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not going to a game because of the stewards is odd behaviour. Especially as you've just missed a game "policed" by stewards you've never encountered before

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not my narrow interpretation, it's a financial fact. I'm not sure why you are twisting about on this. You HAVE been insolvent for as long as you've been filing negative balance sheets (I'll take your word for it that it's 2004, I've better things to do with my life than go look). It's not all that unusual, particularly in football, and clearly your directors (specifically the Chairman I imagine) have given an undertaking to cover debts for at least 12 months) but the company is factually insolvent.

There are reasons to transfer debt to equity and there are reasons not to. It's clearly a much more fluid and more easily repayable asset if it remains a loan in the event of windfall income. It may also be resisted by minority shareholders potentially as there are pluses and minuses with doing so.

If 2019 is not much better given the inevitable significant increase in income then you'd have to question where it's been spent. However, it may be that the previous P&L includes significant gifted income for all I know. Depends how Cameron puts in his funds these days. Without the detail you can't tell.

My response stops people inferring incorrectly from your fact which you put out there without any context. My posts give the context which is important when discussing matters of corporate finance. Especially for those who don't look at the accounts or know how to interpret them.

A few points on 'stewardgate'

I'm sorry I never witnessed the collective seethe on Saturday. Its good to hear it was an inclusive affair though with a broad section of our support involved.

In my experience, 95% of stewards are officious @rseholes. Whether it be you have to sit down, you cant stand here etc etc...

Dumbarton have excellent stewards imo. 

The reason not to go to Dumfries is our shit record there not the stewards!

Let the police and clubs investigate and don't prejudge the outcome.

Amazing, the same two obsessed QOTS fans are the only two who have replied so far. Some shift today guys. 

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

YOU WERENT THERE,MAN!!!111!!1!!!!!

Not going to a game because of the stewards is odd behaviour. Especially as you've just missed a game "policed" by stewards you've never encountered before

Genuinely, what a w**k post

Anyway. 

Last game I was at at Palmerston, we were rammed in to a corner of the stand, despite the rest of it being empty. A group of five of us turned up and we were made to sit in a three and a two in different rows because it was the only seats available in the only section for Ayr fans. More and more fans turned up and were sitting in the empty section beside us, the stewards were moving them down to the front to wait to be seated by the other steward like he was a maitre'd.

I don't pay money to sit, crammed in to a section of a stand while some arsehole steward tries his hardest to ruin folks day. Its a personal choice.  

Amazing, the same two obsessed QOTS fans are the only two who have replied so far. Some shift today guys. 
Anyway. 
Last game I was at at Palmerston, we were rammed in to a corner of the stand, despite the rest of it being empty. A group of five of us turned up and we were made to sit in a three and a two in different rows because it was the only seats available in the only section for Ayr fans. More and more fans turned up and were sitting in the empty section beside us, the stewards were moving them down to the front to wait to be seated by the other steward like he was a maitre'd.
I don't pay money to sit, crammed in to a section of a stand while some arsehole steward tries his hardest to ruin folks day. Its a personal choice.  
Yes, discussing issues regarding things that happened at the home ground my team plays at is definitely a sign I'm obsessed with Ayr United.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
Anyway. 

Yes, discussing issues regarding things that happened at the home ground my team plays at is definitely a sign I'm obsessed with Ayr United.

No, posting on every Ayr thread ever makes you obsessed with Ayr. You just can't help yourself. 

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
No, posting on every Ayr thread ever makes you obsessed with Ayr. You just can't help yourself. 

Aye that would certainly be the definition of obsessed. It's not true though is it?

You are still stalking this one and have been all day. There wasn't a mention of Shankland last season that could be posted without you mentioning Dobbie. 

But keep posting telling me you are not obsessed, I'm sure it'll sink in eventually

I hope the person who spat in the stewards face is caught and dealt with. Pretty horrible thing to do .what I can't get my head round is why wasn't the spitter caught at the time .One would imagine if you spat in a stewards face you would be interviened and held until the police took over .

You are still stalking this one and have been all day. There wasn't a mention of Shankland last season that could be posted without you mentioning Dobbie. 
But keep posting telling me you are not obsessed, I'm sure it'll sink in eventually

And again, what has today's discussion been in regards to? Yeah most people discussed Shankland and Dobbie last season. If you can quote my posts from the previous Ayr match threads that weren't televised or involving Queens I'll concede to you I'm obsessed.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And again, what has today's discussion been in regards to? Yeah most people discussed Shankland and Dobbie last season. If you can quote my posts from the previous Ayr match threads that weren't televised or involving Queens I'll concede to you I'm obsessed.

😀

Don't believe I had to read through three pages of folk dribbling on about stewarding just to post this, but we had yer man Mark Kerr on the podcast today - and he spoke well. He seems a very analytical type, especially when he spoke about watching back his own touchline demeanour from the Dundee game, which I thought was particularly interesting.

I also fangirl over Luke McCowan, Alan Forrest, Craig Moore and Michael Moffat.

Link's here if you want to tear yourself away from steward based discussions for 40 minutes or so.

Or here if you can't see tweets.