The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anyway, I think we know where we all stand on this and no amount of bickering will change our views I'm guessing, as such maybe we should just move on as everything has already been said................

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Has anybody asked the Stranraer fans what they think about it?

Remember a full time Stranraer mummy came on to the Somerset road end saying her son who had autism had been jumped by an Ayr fan. That turned out to be nonsense. Those were the days. 

Remember a full time Stranraer mummy came on to the Somerset road end saying her son who had autism had been jumped by an Ayr fan. That turned out to be nonsense. Those were the days. 

They’re an odd bunch. It’s really no surprise that Lyle Avci and his mental sister come from down there.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

She was obviously all wrapped up in herself.................

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Whit ??

Chill out Mr Angry. You've identified somebody with possible mental health issues yet appear to have been extremely wound up at the time and subsequently on here by his "actions" that appear to amount to throwing a ball away and smirking. 

You mentioned snowflakes, it would appear a few were in the away end on Saturday. 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Chill out Mr Angry. You've identified somebody with possible mental health issues yet appear to have been extremely wound up at the time and subsequently on here by his "actions" that appear to amount to throwing a ball away and smirking. 

You mentioned snowflakes, it would appear a few were in the away end on Saturday. 😂😂😂😂

I take offence to that................

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I was there and frankly I couldn't care less what you think.

I can't be any clearer, Yes, there were a couple of coins and a small plastic bottle thrown in his direction by Ayr fans which was completely wrong and the perpetrators should be dealt with accordingly, however the alleged spitting incident remains a mystery to me and ultimately I would 100% blame the steward for inciting the crowd in the first place when ironically his sole purpose is crowd safety and Management.

What more do you want me to say ???

Ah, my apologies. I didn't realise you were there. Presumably the other 1800 odds who were there also all saw it or it didn't happen then?

1 hour ago, malkyshotton said:

Always found some of the Stewards at Palmerston to act like bell ends towards Ayr fans. Although always found that some of the Ayr fans act like bell ends at most away matches.

It's a new stewarding company this season so you haven't seen them before. There have been no issues at all with them prior to this weekend. Indeed several fans have commented how much better it is.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Personally as a paying customer I expect to go to the Football on a Saturday for a decent day out, sometimes we see a win, others a defeat, however we all expect that as it's part and parcel of supporting a provincial club like Ayr or QOS. The Queens fans I met were all good guys and every other steward I came across seemed a decent and professional individual.

However, What I DO NOT EXPECT, is to be wound up and antagonised by an opposing clubs employee with potentially serious mental health issues, who quite obviously feels the need to make a name for himself by attempting to start a fight with the entire away support. It created a hostile environment for everyone there, including women, young children and the elderly.

I honestly don't know why some of you are trying to ignore or defend the actions of this utter cretin, as trust me, you'd be well advised to get shot of him before you end up with REAL trouble................

Really? Again, are you listening to yourself here? You're completely "heads gone" here. And you work in banking you say? 🙄

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If QOTS want to employ the fud who was a steward then that’s up to them.

We don't employ them.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

How do you know it was the same steward? Theres nothing in the reports to say it was.

He knows because "he was there". Didn't you see him say that already?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ah, my apologies. I didn't realise you were there. Presumably the other 1800 odds who were there also all saw it or it didn't happen then?

It's a new stewarding company this season so you haven't seen them before. There have been no issues at all with them prior to this weekend. Indeed several fans have commented how much better it is.

Really? Again, are you listening to yourself here? Your completely "heads gone" here. And you work in banking you say? 🙄

We don't employ them.

He knows because "he was there". Didn't you see him say that already?

Trust me, that goes for nothing, I'm one of the sensible ones !!

Fair enough though I do get both your point and Burkies as I probably am over reacting a bit with this.

The bottom line is that it should never have happened and both parties were in the wrong.

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Never said this season. But thanks for the information.

44 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Never said this season. But thanks for the information.

I know you didn't say "this season". You can't possibly have seen stewards at Palmerston interact with Ayr fans "this season" as Ayr hadn't been here before Saturday. I'm just pointing out that however you found stewards in the past at Palmerston it's now a different company so irrelevant. It was G4S for the previous decade or so but is now Croma Vigilant Security. With one exception (and he wasn't in the away end), none of the stewards are the same people.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I didn't debate anything, I posted what I saw with my own eyes and Yes, I was thinking of E-mailing the club, however there were plenty of people around me in official positions who must also have seen the same scenes as myself.

It should be noted that the "incensed" people in the Ayr support who were shouting abuse at the steward weren't just the "young team" but were a wide mix of middle aged couples, pensioners, folk with kids etc.

The incident / incidents took place around 30ft from where I was sitting and in all that time I can 100% say there was no sign of any "spitting". The steward in question only showed annoyance in one instance and that was when his superior eventually ordered him away to the QOS end of the ground (all too late in my opinion). As he departed the scene of his crime, he continued to turn around and smirk / wynd up the Ayr support, so definitely NOT the actions of someone who has been spat upon.

Having said all this, the spitting incident may actually be unrelated and could have been a QOS supporter who he's previously pissed off in the past...........

There's some stiff competition here but I think this bit is my favourite.