The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm not having it, our stadium is fantastico, San Somerset !!
All joking aside, I bet you miss Broomfield, I know I do from a visiting perspective.

All joking aside, i love somerset. Much better than our soulless stadia

And yes i do miss old broomfield. What a stadium that was

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

All joking aside, i love somerset. Much better than our soulless stadia

And yes i do miss old broomfield. What a stadium that was

Agreed, I think most football fans would rather be visiting the likes of Brockville, Love Street, Broomfield and all the revamped stadiums back the way they used to be. Personally I detest having to sit down at matches, especially in the middle of winter and wouldn't change Somerset for any of these all seated grounds.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Is he our "worst" ever loan signing? Rocky Visconte atleast appeared. 

Some of our loan signings when McCall first came into the job we’re rancid. I still have nightmares about Dale Keenan and Adam Cummins in defence. 

ETA: Dale Keenan may have been signed under Roberts. I can’t remember. 

Some of our loan signings when McCall first came into the job we’re rancid. I still have nightmares about Dale Keenan and Adam Cummins in defence. 
ETA: Dale Keenan may have been signed under Roberts. I can’t remember. 

I think Keenan was a Roberts signing however McCall was guilty of signing Morgyn Neill so it balances out I guess.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Keenan was a Roberts signing however McCall was guilty of signing Morgyn Neill so it balances out I guess.

My favourite Morgyn Neil story is him kissing the badge after scoring in his second game for us. I genuinely struggle to recall any players (other than Stevo) kissing the badge never mind on their second game. 

I was at Dumfries and sitting with my two grandsons and two friends right at the front where the steward was, it kicked off after he threw the ball back on to the park that had came over the barrier instead of handing it to Harvie , deliberately I’m not sure but smirking away did not help.

I tems  were  being thrown from the rear at him and I picked up a two pence piece that must have just missed one of my grandsons hitting the tarpaulin thing that was covering the bottom two rows of seats so I wasn’t to happy.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You lost about £70k in the year to June 2018, a promotion season from the division below. More or less broke even the year to June 17. You haven't filed accounts to June 19 yet. You are insolvent by about £1.5m and owe about £1.75m to Directors and related companies in 'soft loans'

Not entirely accurate. 

We did book a loss of £78k to June 2018. However, without a  cashflow its really hard to know the true underlying position.

Also, we are not insolvent. Our liabilities outstrip our assets but given Somerset hasnt been revalued in god knows how long I think its safe to assume the £404k non current assets is more than a little understated. Whether it would cover the shortfall of £1.5m (assets to liabilities) I'm not so sure but I guess it probably would.

Your loans figure was correct though.

Effectively, the business is underpinned by the financial support of the board. Of which, Lachlan accounts for in excess of 80% of said financial support.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not entirely accurate. 

We did book a loss of £78k to June 2018. However, without a  cashflow its really hard to know the true underlying position.

Also, we are not insolvent. Our liabilities outstrip our assets but given Somerset hasnt been revalued in god knows how long I think its safe to assume the £404k non current assets is more than a little understated. Whether it would cover the shortfall of £1.5m (assets to liabilities) I'm not so sure but I guess it probably would.

Effectively, the business is underpinned by the financial support of the board. Of which, Lachlan accounts for in excess of 80% of said financial support.

Why do you think Ian McCall has "jumped ship" ? Ayr are in deep financial poo soon.

I was at Dumfries and sitting with my two grandsons and two friends right at the front where the steward was, it kicked off after he threw the ball back on to the park that had came over the barrier instead of handing it to Harvie , deliberately I’m not sure but smirking away did not help.
I tems  were  being thrown from the rear at him and I picked up a two pence piece that must have just missed one of my grandsons hitting the tarpaulin thing that was covering the bottom two rows of seats so I wasn’t to happy.
Ridiculous behaviour. We've got some utter fannies amongst our support, all the more prominent at away games.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Not entirely accurate. 

Well no, its a matter of fact. You ARE insolvent. You file accounts at Companies House every year with a negative balance sheet total = Insolvent. You may be able to revalue Somerset and get solvent again, you may not. Until you do you are insolvent. It's not a debate.

A cashflow has limited use. A detailed p&l would tell more but isnt published. Is one given to shareholders? It may not be a cash loss. 

If you lost money last year with the trip to Ibrox, good League Cup run and a 4th place finish though serious questions should be asked. I expect 2019 to be a profit.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, its a matter of fact. You ARE insolvent. You file accounts at Companies House every year with a negative balance sheet total = Insolvent. You may be able to revalue Somerset and get solvent again, you may not. Until you do you are insolvent. It's not a debate.

A cashflow has limited use. A detailed p&l would tell more but isnt published. Is one given to shareholders? It may not be a cash loss. 

If you lost money last year with the trip to Ibrox, good League Cup run and a 4th place finish though serious questions should be asked. I expect 2019 to be a profit.

On paper by your narrow interpretation you can argue it but it is not the reality. In fact, according to your interpretation we've been insolvent since 2004! 15 years and still going, thats mighty impressive by any measure.

To be insolvent in reality rather than on paper, the club would have to be unable to meet its obligations (ie. pay its debts). This is simply not the case, the debt is to directors rather than an unrelated third party. If it was due to a third party it would be a different issue entirely and  cause for greater concern.

Moreover, if it were me. I would probably look at transfering the debt to equity. I've always found it odd that we accept a negative balance sheet. It looks odd presentationaly but I suspect it is so Lachlan can show how much he has put in/expects to recoup in a future sale potentially.

A cashflow is useful but a detailed I&E statement would also be good as you say. I have no idea if shareholders get one as I am not a shareholder unfortunately. ☹️

As for 2019, I'm not so sure it will be much better. Otherwise I think it would have been alluded to in the 2018 accounts as they werent actually signed off until late March 2019 when most of the upside was known. I hope I'm wrong but given the rumoured budget cut this year I dont anticipate 2019 being better than 2018 to be honest.

I see we've made Sky Sport News with "Stewardgate", my only worry here is that the facts are being lost in all the accusations being thrown if you get my meaning.............

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

On paper by your narrow interpretation you can argue it but it is not the reality. In fact, according to your interpretation we've been insolvent since 2004! 15 years and still going, thats mighty impressive by any measure.

To be insolvent in reality rather than on paper, the club would have to be unable to meet its obligations (ie. pay its debts). This is simply not the case, the debt is to directors rather than an unrelated third party. If it was due to a third party it would be a different issue entirely and  cause for greater concern.

Moreover, if it were me. I would probably look at transfering the debt to equity. I've always found it odd that we accept a negative balance sheet. It looks odd presentationaly but I suspect it is so Lachlan can show how much he has put in/expects to recoup in a future sale potentially.

A cashflow is useful but a detailed I&E statement would also be good as you say. I have no idea if shareholders get one as I am not a shareholder unfortunately. ☹️

As for 2019, I'm not so sure it will be much better. Otherwise I think it would have been alluded to in the 2018 accounts as they werent actually signed off until late March 2019 when most of the upside was known. I hope I'm wrong but given the rumoured budget cut this year I dont anticipate 2019 being better than 2018 to be honest.

It's not my narrow interpretation, it's a financial fact. I'm not sure why you are twisting about on this. You HAVE been insolvent for as long as you've been filing negative balance sheets (I'll take your word for it that it's 2004, I've better things to do with my life than go look). It's not all that unusual, particularly in football, and clearly your directors (specifically the Chairman I imagine) have given an undertaking to cover debts for at least 12 months) but the company is factually insolvent.

There are reasons to transfer debt to equity and there are reasons not to. It's clearly a much more fluid and more easily repayable asset if it remains a loan in the event of windfall income. It may also be resisted by minority shareholders potentially as there are pluses and minuses with doing so.

If 2019 is not much better given the inevitable significant increase in income then you'd have to question where it's been spent. However, it may be that the previous P&L includes significant gifted income for all I know. Depends how Cameron puts in his funds these days. Without the detail you can't tell.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:
13 hours ago, placidcasual said:
Ridiculous behaviour. We've got some utter fannies amongst our support, all the more prominent at away games.

I hope they get him and get him banned. Shocking stuff.

The Feds took 2 boys away on Saturday so I'm assuming they already got them. As for the "spitting" incident, I'm of the belief that this has been concocted in order for the steward in question to try and justify his ridiculous actions / save his job.

As I've said before, I'm not condoning the throwing of coins or any other objects and the people responsible should be dealt with accordingly, however it shouldn't be forgotten in all of this that it was the Steward himself who actually created the whole situation through complete stupidity, arrogance, and incompetence of the highest order.

If the QOS management have any sense the guy will have been punted right out the door with a very strong talking to ringing in his ears..................

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Feds took 2 boys away on Saturday so I'm assuming they already got them. As for the "spitting" incident, I'm of the belief that this has been concocted in order for the steward in question to try and justify his ridiculous actions / save his job.

As I've said before, I'm not condoning the throwing of coins or any other objects and the people responsible should be dealt with accordingly, however it shouldn't be forgotten in all of this that it was the Steward himself who actually created the whole situation through complete stupidity, arrogance, and incompetence of the highest order.

If the QOS management have any sense the guy will have been punted right out the door with a very strong talking to ringing in his ears..................

As Im sure you debated with yourself before posting what is a fairly major statement to make. If it's what actually happened then rather than posting it on here for possible debate, would you not better contacting the club via the email addresses given out to put a more accurate version of events to them?

Perhaps you already have, in which case ignore me....

Edited by BukyOHare

I didn't debate anything, I posted what I saw with my own eyes and Yes, I was thinking of E-mailing the club, however there were plenty of people around me in official positions who must also have seen the same scenes as myself.

It should be noted that the "incensed" people in the Ayr support who were shouting abuse at the steward weren't just the "young team" but were a wide mix of middle aged couples, pensioners, folk with kids etc.

The incident / incidents took place around 30ft from where I was sitting and in all that time I can 100% say there was no sign of any "spitting". The steward in question only showed annoyance in one instance and that was when his superior eventually ordered him away to the QOS end of the ground (all too late in my opinion). As he departed the scene of his crime, he continued to turn around and smirk / wynd up the Ayr support, so definitely NOT the actions of someone who has been spat upon.

Having said all this, the spitting incident may actually be unrelated and could have been a QOS supporter who he's previously pissed off in the past...........

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Having said all this, the spitting incident may actually be unrelated and could have been a QOS supporter who he's previously pissed off in the past...........

Jesus wept.

We're a short step away from "it was the Chelsea fans what did it". Are you listening to yourself?

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I didn't debate anything, I posted what I saw with my own eyes and Yes, I was thinking of E-mailing the club, however there were plenty of people around me in official positions who must also have seen the same scenes as myself.

It should be noted that the "incensed" people in the Ayr support who were shouting abuse at the steward weren't just the "young team" but were a wide mix of middle aged couples, pensioners, folk with kids etc.

The incident / incidents took place around 30ft from where I was sitting and in all that time I can 100% say there was no sign of any "spitting". The steward in question only showed annoyance in one instance and that was when his superior eventually ordered him away to the QOS end of the ground (all too late in my opinion). As he departed the scene of his crime, he continued to turn around and smirk / wynd up the Ayr support, so definitely NOT the actions of someone who has been spat upon.

:huh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50395037

Police Scotland has opened an investigation after visiting fans spat in the face of a match official during Saturday's game between Queen of the South and Ayr United.