The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought all board members had to  pay 10k to get on it.

Hope you need to have more to offer than just investing £10k , if that’s all that gets you on the board I think I will offer them £10k to become a director 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Hope you need to have more to offer than just investing £10k , if that’s all that gets you on the board I think I will over them £10k to become a director 

I think you are erring here. The £10k figure came from one our Chairman's facebook rants.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought all board members had to  pay 10k to get on it.

Probably but at the time Mark was appointed the club were being criticised for not engaging with the fans so appointed him as the representative for fans. I didn't think he would actually have had to put money in. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

I think you are erring here. The £10k figure came from one our Chairman's facebook rants.

Was that not just last season when Cameron asked them all to contribute that towards the budget?

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Not doubting what you said , I just hope folk don’t get on board just because they can invest £10k , I would be looking for people who have knowledge that helps drive the club forward 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Hope you need to have more to offer than just investing £10k , if that’s all that gets you on the board I think I will offer them £10k to become a director 

In terms of contributing your time as well as your 10k maybe, but that Alasdair  guy on the sre is always going on about how some of them do nothing and are only there for the prestige

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

In terms of contributing your time as well as your 10k maybe, but that Alasdair  guy on the sre is always going on about how some of them do nothing and are only there for the prestige

Aye but was he not knocked back when he tried to get on the board?

His attitude towards them changed somewhat after that.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably but at the time Mark was appointed the club were being criticised for not engaging with the fans so appointed him as the representative for fans. I didn't think he would actually have had to put money in. 

Was that not just last season when Cameron asked them all to contribute that towards the budget?

With that Jamie guy being appointed recently,  Pettigrew's position might not be needed

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it came out back in 2016 when some of our fans were challenging why Mark was going on the board. And what do the board  even do etc. etc.

Lachlan said something along the lines of they all have to contribute to the running of the club with each having different areas of responsibility and all had to put £10k in to get on. 

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Could be right , but I always thought Greame was always around the boardroom and spent a great deal of time there , don’t know what difference his promotion the the SPFL board this season as Championship representative makes and can he now stay in that role ? 

So in terms of directors we've got Lewis Grant (who's the Chief Exec I think), William Houston, Alan Murray and Jim Kirkwood. Was there not rumours that Kirkwood was going to take over now that he is a full time director?

You'd expect someone else to be appointed. 

Folks, I decided to stand down as a director for very simple reasons, the time and financial commitments required to be an active director are significant and at this point I have other priorities. I will still be at games, as I am a lifelong supporter of Ayr United.  Like any board, there are agreements and disagreements but all of the current and recent directors want the best for Ayr United.

Mark.

I wonder if the recent board resignations has anything to do with the cost cutting at the club? Our budget was slashed this year and going by what I’ve heard on the grapevine will be slashed again next season with us trying to promote more players from the academy which is either going to work out well or be a total disaster. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

t I’ve heard on the grapevine will be slashed again next season with us trying to promote more players from the academy

I believe there will be no cut in playing budget next season  , players from the Academy are not going to be ready for next season , we are building for the future , can’t see the current academy players being regular first team players to the following season 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wonder if the recent board resignations has anything to do with the cost cutting at the club? Our budget was slashed this year and going by what I’ve heard on the grapevine will be slashed again next season with us trying to promote more players from the academy which is either going to work out well or be a total disaster. 

Heard on the grapevine or made up in your head?

if be very surprised if any decisions had been made at this stage when we are a quarter of the way through this season and have no idea what income we could potentially have from prize money or potential player sales.

Really wish people would just keep quiet instead of making up baseless stories.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's his first senior year, you think he's going to maintain current form over the course of a season? Very unlikely. And as for the 100k fee you and the club can disregard it all you want, doesn't mean other clubs will.

WHAT ?

WHAT ?

I think he means that any bids will likely be pretty derogatory. As I’ve said we’re in a better position with McCowan as we’ve got time on our side however there’s nothing to stop him saying he wants to leave in January. If that happens then it becomes a lot more difficult to keep him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think he means that any bids will likely be pretty derogatory. As I’ve said we’re in a better position with McCowan as we’ve got time on our side however there’s nothing to stop him saying he wants to leave in January. If that happens then it becomes a lot more difficult to keep him.

it's a sellers market just now as it's mostly utter dross out there. If you have a player with 18 months remaining on a contract and you don't especially need the cash then it's all academic what derisory offers are received as they mean nothing.