The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

McCowan  has had the kind of impact I've been expecting McGuffie to have the past couple  years. Don't expect him to sustain it  over  the whole season,  he'll need a rest at some point.  Hopefully this  speculation doesn't affect him much, especially  Saturday.  I expect any bids around January will barely scrape 100k with clubs thinking just because it's Ayr  they can pull a fast one.

First off I can see no reason why Mccowan will lose his pace, skill, workrate, shooting ability or passing quality over the next few months and as for bids, well, Liam Lindsay netted Thistle £350k PLUS a 20% sell on from Barnsley, so given that McCowans position tends to bring more interest and value balanced against Partick being bottom end SPL and us top end Championship I'd think that a similar valuation if not more should be easily achievable, especially in today's market.

Remember he's got 18 months remaining on his current contract and also we'd be due a development fee if his contract was just run down, so I think we should forget about silly valuations such as £100k for one of our countries hottest young properties............

First off I can see no reason why Mccowan will lose his pace, skill, workrate, shooting ability or passing quality over the next few months and as for bids, well, Liam Lindsay netted Thistle £350k PLUS a 20% sell on from Barnsley, so given that McCowans position tends to bring more interest and value balanced against Partick being bottom end SPL and us top end Championship I'd think that a similar valuation if not more should be easily achievable, especially in today's market.
Remember he's got 18 months remaining on his current contract and also we'd be due a development fee if his contract was just run down, so I think we should forget about silly valuations such as £100k for one of our countries hottest young properties............

McCowans form will drop off at some point. As will Forrest’s, Moffat’s or Kelly’s. The same thing happened with Shankland although a lot of that came about with him not being fit.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCowans form will drop off at some point. As will Forrest’s, Moffat’s or Kelly’s. The same thing happened with Shankland although a lot of that came about with him not being fit.

Lachlan  has stated in the interview that £250,000 would not interest him for a player the calibre of  McCowan 

Lachlan  has stated in the interview that £250,000 would not interest him for a player the calibre of  McCowan 

I think that was about Shankland last season.

We can afford to be more picky this time round as he’s got more time on his contract.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's his first senior year, you think he's going to maintain current form over the course of a season? Very unlikely. And as for the 100k fee you and the club can disregard it all you want, doesn't mean other clubs will.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And another two away recently. Quite a drastic change, something must be afoot.

If the reason for them leaving is what is rumoured all I can say is thanks for your service  ( I will let someone else state the rumour ) but believe there is some truth in it , but would like to add I personally thought the 2 guys done a sterling job 

Edited by Robbo63

If the reason for them leaving is what is rumoured all I can say is thanks for your service and cheerio ( I will let someone else state the rumour ) but believe there is some truth in it 

A falling out?

I’ve not heard anything, I was only send a screenshot of the companies house page today.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And Graeme Peterkin who was the secretary. Think he was also on the SPFL board as the Championship representation.

Tracy Mc Trusty has replaced his position , still 5 Directors along with Lachlan , Jim Kirkwood now active on board full time after giving up Troon , so in real terms only down on one regular from last season , also frees up space for any new investment as a space on the board available 

To some degree , more of a disagreement which could have resulted in a split boardroom I have heard 

A disagreement over what?

Would I not be right in say Pettigrew didn’t actually pay money in nor get anything back because he was only a fan rep?

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Lost your source Robbo?

Haven't heard any rumours, if they do start floating about Lachlan should probably come out with a statement instead of letting it fester.

Nothing to fester , couple of directors not happy for some reasons so have decided it best that they resign , it happens regularly on boards where business wants to go in new directions , I don’t think board will issue to fans why directors leave club 

Edited by Robbo63