The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agreed, it’s tedious as f**k and folk aren’t going to agree on things over posts on here (when has that ever happened).

Ryan Blair hasn’t exactly received rave reviews from Pars fans from last season. Are we likely to sign him or is he just trying to keep fit?

On last nights showing , he is certainly no better than what we have 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine he wouldn’t be match fit though. Still it’s Albion Rovers reserves so you’d be expecting something from him.

Still only about 23 , my fear is that he has played only about 20 senior games in 3 years if my info is accurate 

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m 99.9% sure he signed a 2 year deal at the end of last season. Just after he came into the team.

We'd also be due a development fee if he wasn't under contract, however as you say he's contracted until May 2021 from what I believe, so if anyone wants him then they'll need to be paying big bucks I'm afraid !!

It's certainly no surprise as we all know that Luke, Alan & Daniel have been absolute stand outs this season and they've all got the basic ingredients on their side such as age, temperament, skill, technique and pace.

Luke in particular has the workrate of three players as the boy is just a bundle of energy (coupled with class) who pops up just about everywhere on the park and he's just getting better and better with each passing week. He really could be anything. Winger ? Box to Box midfielder ? in the hole just behind the strikers ?? Just quality and is a major goal threat to boot.

Alan is finally getting an injury free run and is beginning to fulfil the undoubted potential that we all knew he possessed, he's two footed, intelligent, tricky, great all round footballer, has pace and again has a wonderful temperament.

Danny has been one of our most consistent and all round performers this season and finally stepped out of the shadow of his fellow FB from last season Liam Smith, Danny appears to have gained confidence, pace, strength and a desire and belief that he maybe lacked when he first arrived. He's got bags and bags of potential and I reckon he could go to the very top of the game.

Let's be honest, there's not a great deal of young talent out there at the moment (outwith the 100 youth players each Premiership club has hidden away that don't see a first team game until 24) and our guys MUST be among the most sought after around as they have the first team experience and real match practice and fitness, so really no surprise to me to see these stories starting to emerge.................

We'd also be due a development fee if he wasn't under contract, however as you say he's contracted until May 2021 from what I believe, so if anyone wants him then they'll need to be paying big bucks I'm afraid !!
It's certainly no surprise as we all know that Luke, Alan & Daniel have been absolute stand outs this season and they've all got the basic ingredients on their side such as age, temperament, skill, technique and pace.
Luke in particular has the workrate of three players as the boy is just a bundle of energy (coupled with class) who pops up just about everywhere on the park and he's just getting better and better with each passing week. He really could be anything. Winger ? Box to Box midfielder ? in the hole just behind the strikers ?? Just quality and is a major goal threat to boot.
Alan is finally getting an injury free run and is beginning to fulfil the undoubted potential that we all knew he possessed, he's two footed, intelligent, tricky, great all round footballer, has pace and again has a wonderful temperament.
Danny has been one of our most consistent and all round performers this season and finally stepped out of the shadow of his fellow FB from last season Liam Smith, Danny appears to have gained confidence, pace, strength and a desire and belief that he maybe lacked when he first arrived. He's got bags and bags of potential and I reckon he could go to the very top of the game.
Let's be honest, there's not a great deal of young talent out there at the moment (outwith the 100 youth players each Premiership club has hidden away that don't see a first team game until 24) and our guys MUST be among the most sought after around as they have the first team experience and real match practice and fitness, so really no surprise to me to see these stories starting to emerge.................

Personally, I feel that Harvie is levels in front of what Liam Smith was last year, right now.

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Personally, I feel that Harvie is levels in front of what Liam Smith was last year, right now.

Yes, I'd definitely agree with that.

Smith was a good player as part of a pretty good team, however Harvie is a key player in this side and has much more to offer in terms of making an impact on a match.

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Another day with no word about the Dunfermline game being cancelled. 9 days to go, a freaking pisstake 

I'm pretty sure it's a given that it's postponed.

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty sure it's a given that it's postponed.

I know people have said that, I just don’t understand why the SPFL are dragging it out. Personally I feel fans of both clubs should have had a fortnight warning that it wasn’t going ahead so they could make alternative plans. My work is asking me to do a shift that day, but I can’t commit until I know for a fact it’s off 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know people have said that, I just don’t understand why the SPFL are dragging it out. Personally I feel fans of both clubs should have had a fortnight warning that it wasn’t going ahead so they could make alternative plans. My work is asking me to do a shift that day, but I can’t commit until I know for a fact it’s off 

Officially rearranged for Tuesday 3rd December at today’s SPFL meeting 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Basically just what was posted earlier and has obviously been taken from that football gossip site, so pinch of salt maybe ??

Being realistic I would think that £500k would be the minimum amount that we should be looking for, along with a sell on clause, given that he would have 16 months still remaining on his contract and is currently one of the hottest prospects in the country............

McCowan  has had the kind of impact I've been expecting McGuffie to have the past couple  years. Don't expect him to sustain it  over  the whole season,  he'll need a rest at some point.  Hopefully this  speculation doesn't affect him much, especially  Saturday.  I expect any bids around January will barely scrape 100k with clubs thinking just because it's Ayr  they can pull a fast one.