D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

It is strange that 90% of the Dundee Utd fans bought in advance but barely a third of the Partick fans did likewise.  On the assumption that we took the same approach to advertising and awareness for both games, it does suggest the problem was at Thistles side rather than ours.

Was thinking the same.  Will be interesting to see how many Partick fans will buy in advance for the next game at Somerset in March now that you'd imagine the majority of those likely to travel will definitely be aware of the process

It's the bit about making an account.  There is no obvious option to do so 

58 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

It’s not the ticket system that can’t cope. It’s folk waiting to get them 10 minutes before the game, while bleeting on about it on social media on their smart phones....

Folks , our biggest crowd of the season was against Dundee Utd , they brought double the fans of Partick, there were very minimal queues and none at the Dundee Utd side , since then Ayr have added an extra till , that tells me it’s not the system that does not work , credit to Dundee United fans who bought tickets the preferred way , just shows you it can be fine without lots of queues 

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was thinking the same.  Will be interesting to see how many Partick fans will buy in advance for the next game at Somerset in March now that you'd imagine the majority of those likely to travel will definitely be aware of the process

I also think Partick fans are aware of this as on there site very few folk are complaining about queues , 

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

The all ticket cup game thing is a red herring as those games were always cashless at the gates on the day with tickets sold in advance.  Which also demonstrates that people are well capable of understanding the arrangements in advance for entering the ground for a particular game if they put their mind to it. 

For what it’s worth, it is a ridiculous generalisation to think that old folk can’t use the internet or own a smart device.  I heard the same ridiculous arguments when our golf club moved to on line booking for tee off times as opposed to the old method of having to travel to the club and queue to put your name down at the club shop.  Some folk moaned, but in time they realised online was better and more convenient and changed their ways.

One of the bests and most sensible  posts I have read about ticketgate , very valid point re cup ties and the club have now  made it much easier to buy a ticket , all the big cup ties you had to attend ground to get it , now you can get it sitting on the couch with a coffee  on a device and those who can’t, can go to shop , phone shop and pre pay or turn up on the day and buy from the 4 ticket tills  , really how easy is that  

57 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's the bit about making an account.  There is no obvious option to do so 

Just input all your details every time.

Good to see  management team are showing interest at all levels of players , McArdle was at Belmont earlier this evening watching u15-16s train , and he now standing  here at Cumnock watching the reserve team play , think this shows that if players are performing they know they are being watched by first team and hopefully get chances to progress to first team squads 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Good to see  management team are showing interest at all levels of players , McArdle was at Belmont earlier this evening watching u15-16s train , and he now standing  here at Cumnock watching the reserve team play , think this shows that if players are performing they know they are being watched by first team and hopefully get chances to progress to first team squads 

Excellent

I don't think I've ever see such a turnaround in fans from "cheep option, no ambition" to almost universal "these guys have really impressed me" it's early days it could all go tits up but this seems so far away from the comparisons to the Mark Roberts appointment that we were getting just a week ago.

1 hour ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Does anyone know who the trial is starting in midfield tonight for the reserves?

Ryan Blair , EdX Falkirk , played most recent on loan to Dunfermline 12 games 

Ryan Blair , EdX Falkirk , played most recent on loan to Dunfermline 12 games 

Yeah he was one of a few Falkirk youngsters sold to Swansea.

Not really sure what he was like last season tbh.

2 hours ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Does anyone know who the trial is starting in midfield tonight for the reserves?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah he was one of a few Falkirk youngsters sold to Swansea.

Not really sure what he was like last season tbh.

Hard to judge tonight , did nothing special and again nothing wrong to standout , game finished 2-2 ( McKenzie x 2 but also missed a penalty which I think came back to earth in Auchinleck 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Hard to judge tonight , did nothing special and again nothing wrong to standout , game finished 2-2 ( McKenzie x 2 but also missed a penalty which I think came back to earth in Auchinleck 

I hope Mark McKenzie can be our 3rd choice striker ahead of Doolan, he seems to be banging them in right now. 

I’m guessing Kerr and McCardle will know Blair pretty well from his Falkirk days. We’re really short in midfield right now but I hope we don’t sign guys just for the sake of it.

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing Kerr and McCardle will know Blair pretty well from his Falkirk days. We’re really short in midfield right now but I hope we don’t sign guys just for the sake of it.

Tbh Swansea must have seen something in him they liked if they bought him from Falkirk, could be another gem nobody else will take a chance on.

That’s their problem. We make it clear to away fans on social media meaning the vast majority should be well aware that they need to get a ticket.
It's not their problem when it affects our income and then our home support queues (when queues are split).

I'm not impressed by that club statement.

There's absolutely zero excuse for abuse of staff but there's no acknowledgement of the ansger that a long queue at kick off time can cause. People are creatures of habit (there's a type of walk-up fan that is absolutely affected by this) and this change has hit them hard.

40 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's not their problem when it affects our income and then our home support queues (when queues are split).

I'm not impressed by that club statement.

There's absolutely zero excuse for abuse of staff but there's no acknowledgement of the ansger that a long queue at kick off time can cause. People are creatures of habit (there's a type of walk-up fan that is absolutely affected by this) and this change has hit them hard.

Some good points. Who knows maybe the savings or benefits in using this new method will outstrip the loss of gate revenue. As long as I can remember people have been rocking up to Somerset bang on kick off and expecting to get in ok. As an Airdrie fan mentioned it might be useful for the club to gain some feedback from supporters to help gauge the level of adaptability or satisfaction about this new system. It’s seems nearly all of pie and bovril are sold on it and there are definitely good reasons why it works for some. I’m still not sure that’s reflective of the wider fan base though and no way can we afford to lose income. Getting people through the turnstiles is vital for us and each year Cameron emphasises this point. Not sure we really have a wimbledon tennis or Grand Prix type product on offer where the fans are telt how it is and will still sell out regardless 

We haven't been out the top 4 in the championship for well over a year, some of the most exciting young players we have seen in years, the academy producing talent and those guys impressing in the first team and more champing at the bit for a shot, players regularly being selected for the Scotland Under 21 squad, scoring goals for fun, regularly being praised by managers and opposition fans as the best team they have played in the league, a new exciting management team who are bringing new ideas and building on the foundation McCall has left and instead of basking in this and enjoying this brilliant time we are going in about online ticketing it's the must be the most Ayr United thing ever!

If how we pay to get into the game is the only complaint we have then things must going fine.
Paying at the gate to watch a team with Craig Beattie in it getting gubbed every week or ticketless entry to watch our current crop. Now which scenario would I prefer?