The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing Kerr and McCardle will know Blair pretty well from his Falkirk days. We’re really short in midfield right now but I hope we don’t sign guys just for the sake of it.

Tbh Swansea must have seen something in him they liked if they bought him from Falkirk, could be another gem nobody else will take a chance on.

That’s their problem. We make it clear to away fans on social media meaning the vast majority should be well aware that they need to get a ticket.
It's not their problem when it affects our income and then our home support queues (when queues are split).

I'm not impressed by that club statement.

There's absolutely zero excuse for abuse of staff but there's no acknowledgement of the ansger that a long queue at kick off time can cause. People are creatures of habit (there's a type of walk-up fan that is absolutely affected by this) and this change has hit them hard.

40 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's not their problem when it affects our income and then our home support queues (when queues are split).

There's absolutely zero excuse for abuse of staff but there's no acknowledgement of the ansger that a long queue at kick off time can cause. People are creatures of habit (there's a type of walk-up fan that is absolutely affected by this) and this change has hit them hard.

Some good points. Who knows maybe the savings or benefits in using this new method will outstrip the loss of gate revenue. As long as I can remember people have been rocking up to Somerset bang on kick off and expecting to get in ok. As an Airdrie fan mentioned it might be useful for the club to gain some feedback from supporters to help gauge the level of adaptability or satisfaction about this new system. It’s seems nearly all of pie and bovril are sold on it and there are definitely good reasons why it works for some. I’m still not sure that’s reflective of the wider fan base though and no way can we afford to lose income. Getting people through the turnstiles is vital for us and each year Cameron emphasises this point. Not sure we really have a wimbledon tennis or Grand Prix type product on offer where the fans are telt how it is and will still sell out regardless 

We haven't been out the top 4 in the championship for well over a year, some of the most exciting young players we have seen in years, the academy producing talent and those guys impressing in the first team and more champing at the bit for a shot, players regularly being selected for the Scotland Under 21 squad, scoring goals for fun, regularly being praised by managers and opposition fans as the best team they have played in the league, a new exciting management team who are bringing new ideas and building on the foundation McCall has left and instead of basking in this and enjoying this brilliant time we are going in about online ticketing it's the must be the most Ayr United thing ever!

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Saturday has problem been the only time there has been a large away queue. That was down to the apparent lack of communication by Thistle. 

I do understand your point about walk ups for our matches, but I would imagine that number won’t be outwith double figures, so they will get in fairly straight forward. Once we’ve played everyone at home I would imagine the return games (particularly thistle) will run fine. Bitch and moan all you want, they aren’t changing it and they aren’t putting in cash turnstiles again. Give it a year and no one will know the difference, people just don’t like change.

Life was better when we were rubbish.  You got into the ground minutes earlier.

The odd thing about all this is if that even if we still had cash turnstiles, a travelling support of 700+ turning up at the last minute would still have generated a big queue at the away end.  Been a while since I was round that side, but aren’t there only 2 or 3 turnstiles at the most?

I don’t know how bad the queues actually were,  but only real option is to request a delay to kick off.  

21 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ticket-queues-on-match-day/?fbclid=IwAR1-IaIdfy2xqj556jPiqP4Bj2DaUGWFCm3nobuBkJj6zymx25-jM9BHVhQ

November and this ticket fiasco is still rumbling on... think it's time for the club to accept the mistake of not leaving a couple of cash turnstiles, okay for the ones who can do it in seconds on their phone but for the old boys which there's a lot of it ain't as easy as that. All ticket turnstiles only work at clubs which have adequate infrastructure in place such as enough ticket booths  around the ground on the day to purchase from, not just some wee pokey office. Look at QOTS it's a shambles aswell so we're obviosly not the only ones who've made a bit of a mess for it.

For the first big all ticket cup game at Somerset i can't see how this online system would cope with a 9,000 sell out crowd when it can barely cope with 1,800.

Er, whit?

Famous last words ahead of Saturday when no doubt 600 of you will rock up at 2:50pm just to prove a point but we've had no significant issues with our (very manual) ticketing process and it managed to accommodate over 800 Motherwell fans on matchday at the start of the season, though that's not ideal.

Away and keep your "bit of a mess" chat for yourselves (and even that seems only to apply to one or two games).

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, whit?

Famous last words ahead of Saturday when no doubt 600 of you will rock up at 2:50pm just to prove a point but we've had no significant issues with our (very manual) ticketing process and it managed to accommodate over 800 Motherwell fans on matchday at the start of the season, though that's not ideal.

Away and keep your "bit of a mess" chat for yourselves (and even that seems only to apply to one or two games).

First time I went to Palmerston with new ticketing arrangement it caught me out and I was a bit annoyed at the time. But it was my fault for not checking not QOTS. I have been back since as it didn't put me off, I just had to get their a wee bit earlier. 

Er, whit?

Both systems are fine.

I think for both teams the big issue has been away teams not communicating the arrangements properly and their fans turning up unaware of what’s going on.

In an ideal world, admission would be standardised across the league / leagues.

Whether it is an app, prepaid printed tickets or cash.

That way EVERYONE would know what THEY have to do to get into a football match.

Wouldn't it be great to have one card / app that allows you into every ground - just as long as its topped up.

Anyway, what a time to be an Ayr fan!!!

I mean, we have had to suffer some amount of shit to get here, so get a smile on your face as it never lasts forever.

Is it Saturday yet?

How many do you think we will take down on Saturday - 400? 500?

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Saturday has problem been the only time there has been a large away queue. That was down to the apparent lack of communication by Thistle. 

I do understand your point about walk ups for our matches, but I would imagine that number won’t be outwith double figures, so they will get in fairly straight forward. Once we’ve played everyone at home I would imagine the return games (particularly thistle) will run fine. Bitch and moan all you want, they aren’t changing it and they aren’t putting in cash turnstiles again. Give it a year and no one will know the difference, people just don’t like change.

We had 200/300 walk ups on Saturday. According to Robbo's earlier post about processing times that number isn't great for our system.

I'm sure the performance of the team lessened any angst most walk ups had about their entry, proof that we need a plan B or C just in case is another bonus.

20 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The way things are going ticketless locals from Ayr might want to start coming to games!

Actually, no, I've taken that too far.

That's only going to happen if we put posters up around town, Angus. 

On 05/11/2019 at 11:20, HMIP said:

I wouldn’t write off Ross too quick.  If he can get his fitness on the timescale mentioned and play 6/7 games pre-Christmas he could be an asset in the 2nd half of the season.  We are seriously short of midfield options with Murdoch out long term and Kerr expecting to retire in January.  Past experience suggests the available players in January won’t be that great even if there is some money to spend.

Ross is only here until Jan I’m sure 

What’s actually happening with the Dunfermline game? The under 21 squad has been announced for days and we’re 10 days away from the game and supporters of both clubs don’t know if it’s  going ahead or not

AP said it’s going to be called off.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What’s actually happening with the Dunfermline game? The under 21 squad has been announced for days and we’re 10 days away from the game and supporters of both clubs don’t know if it’s  going ahead or not

I don't know how these things work but I'm wondering if Dunfermline are wanting to play the game on Saturday and are refusing to agree a new date?

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

We had 200/300 walk ups on Saturday. According to Robbo's earlier post about processing times that number isn't great for our system.

I'm sure the performance of the team lessened any angst most walk ups had about their entry, proof that we need a plan B or C just in case is another bonus.

I think if you read my posts , there were over 500 away fans and just under 300 home fans a total of 800 !!!! Not the 200/300 in your post 

Edited by Robbo63