The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was Sibbald not more of a winger/no10 at Falkirk? 

He plays mainly as a  wide midfielder but also very good just behind the strikers in centre , watched him a couple of times this year playing against Ayr reserves and he is a stand out , just unlucky that Livingston have currently a strong midfield , I would take him on loan to end of season as he needs games to get into Livi first team and we have a knack of getting the best out of fringe  players 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he can do both and also play in the middle.

He’s not what I would class as a like for like replacement for Kerr though.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

He plays mainly as a  wide midfielder but also very good just behind the strikers in centre , watched him a couple of times this year playing against Ayr reserves and he is a stand out , just unlucky that Livingston have currently a strong midfield , I would take him on loan to end of season as he needs games to get into Livi first team and we have a knack of getting the best out of fringe  players 

Aye, I absoulotely would take him as was always very impressed with him at Falkirk. 

What we thinking in January? Adams, Doolan and Ross out with 3 or 4 in? Kerr taking a back seat also but still being registered as a player in case of emergencies. Suppose if Ross gets back fit and gets a run of games and impresses we could look at keeping him. 

Just now, pandarilla said:

So geggan is fit which is excellent - any idea on bell and Adams?

We've got options up top but those two players cover a few positions and that's crucial, especially with Kerr moving up.

Would think Bell is fit for Queens , not sure if Kerr will risk him on the poor surface down there , possibly see him on bench , Jamie is looking a few weeks away , good to see him at last 2 games cheering on the guys though 

Aye, I absoulotely would take him as was always very impressed with him at Falkirk. 

What we thinking in January? Adams, Doolan and Ross out with 3 or 4 in? Kerr taking a back seat also but still being registered as a player in case of emergencies. Suppose if Ross gets back fit and gets a run of games and impresses we could look at keeping him. 

How does Kerr’s wages work now? Is it split between the playing budget and coaching staff budget or has his playing wage already been freed up?

Either way I’d hope we can fully replace him in January whilst also adding a centre back, striker and maybe another midfielder??

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Is it about right and wrong on here? No its about opinions mate. Would I have been on here calling you out if Moore hadnt scored? No I definitely know I wouldnt but fair play to you. No teams in the league have conceded more goals than Thistle and Morton, I don't think two games against them mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

If you think Moore can keep up an average of a goal and a half a game then fair play to you.

And just for the record I don't have anything personally against Moore, this morphed from my original post that I would've like to have seen Doolan get more of a chance and I still believe that.

The reason I called for a change was to try and rectify the problem we had for a few games of creating clear chances and not taking them.

I did call for a change of formation which you have conveniently decided to ignore.

But again fair play to you.

I was just having a bit of fun, I trust you will reciprocate when Doolan scores. 

I do accept all that about the formation and you did suggest a change. I'm not sure we actually differed on that front. Just the personnel concerned. 😇

How does Kerr’s wages work now? Is it split between the playing budget and coaching staff budget or has his playing wage already been freed up?

Either way I’d hope we can fully replace him in January whilst also adding a centre back, striker and maybe another midfielder??
Ridiculous question here but would Kerr as manager get more than Kerr as player?

I've genuinely no idea.

Ridiculous question here but would Kerr as manager get more than Kerr as player?

I've genuinely no idea.

Depending on what he was earning as a player? I’d guess he was one of our higher earner so perhaps he’s on less now than he was. Even if he’s not it’ll still have freed up money in a way as his wage won’t be taken from the playing budget I’d hope.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depending on what he was earning as a player? I’d guess he was one of our higher earner so perhaps he’s on less now than he was. Even if he’s not it’ll still have freed up money in a way as his wage won’t be taken from the playing budget I’d hope.

Is becoming Manager rather than player not a promotion of sorts?

I would think he'll be on at least what he was before with a decent increment. Although I expect he would be on less than McCall either way. If this hypothesis is correct, there should be a slight delta saved on the Manager salary and we should be saving a players salary which will help in January.

I'm terms of players, I am expecting 4 departures in January with 3 additions. I also expect another coach to be appointed.

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I've genuinely no idea.

He was within the salary guidelines  that had Jim McIntyre interested , so I believe he will be on a decent salary and way more than his position as a player  

Edited by Robbo63

12 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Is becoming Manager rather than player not a promotion of sorts?

I would think he'll be on at least what he was before with a decent increment. Although I expect he would be on less than McCall either way. If this hypothesis is correct, there should be a slight delta saved on the Manager salary and we should be saving a players salary which will help in January.

I'm terms of players, I am expecting 4 departures in January with 3 additions. I also expect another coach to be appointed.

Doolan, Ross & Adams + ??

I think we may struggle to hold on to Harvie, Forrest & McCowan, however they're all under contract so unless we get a silly money offer (which we might) then I'd be telling any suitors to beat it.

I believe all three are easily capable of playing at mid table SPL standard as a minimum and would reckon there will be clubs in the English Championship watching them all closely, especially Harvie..............

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Doolan, Ross & Adams + ??

I think we may struggle to hold on to Harvie, Forrest & McCowan, however they're all under contract so unless we get a silly money offer (which we might) then I'd be telling any suitors to beat it.

I believe all three are easily capable of playing at mid table SPL standard as a minimum and would reckon there will be clubs in the English Championship watching them all closely, especially Harvie..............

Can I say first off I agree totally with this. However thinking about it this morning, at what point do we actually begin to believe that we should be making a concerted push to get promoted?

I've already said if players want to leave, we have to start cashing in, but we're playing at a level where we know we can compete at the top end of this league. After that who knows, but with injuries clearing and a bit of luck you just never know.

We're now a third into the league and as usual every team is capable of taking points off each other.

We're a team on an upward curve, who knows when that opportunity will arise for us again? Football at our level is as much cyclical as it is unpredictable.

Fanciful perhaps but as a support, dare we dream?

Finally, at no point am I saying that we're streets ahead of anybody or that we should be getting too big for our boots. I'm sure the team know that our success is built on effort and organisation first of all. Those levels cannot change from game to game or we will come unstuck.

I just feel looking at this seasons league we can keep looking upwards surely.

Or are we forever destined to be pulling rabbits out of hats every summer?

20 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Can I say first off I agree totally with this. However thinking about it this morning, at what point do we actually begin to believe that we should be making a concerted push to get promoted?

I've already said if players want to leave, we have to start cashing in, but we're playing at a level where we know we can compete at the top end of this league. After that who knows, but with injuries clearing and a bit of luck you just never know.

We're now a third into the league and as usual every team is capable of taking points off each other.

We're a team on an upward curve, who knows when that opportunity will arise for us again? Football at our level is as much cyclical as it is unpredictable.

Finally, at no point am I saying that we're streets ahead of anybody or that we should be getting too big for our boots. I'm sure the team know that our success is built on effort and organisation first of all. Those levels cannot change from game to game or we will come unstuck.

If, and it's a big "If" we get the right players in at January, assuming funds and the right players are available to Kerr then that would be our only realistic chance of a sustained challenge. Of course I am only basing this on last seasons downturn around Christmas time. All if's, buts and maybes.

Edited by malkyshotton

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Yes, good points. I actually believe (whether rightly or wrongly) that we have a "once in a lifetime" team at the moment, which in the modern era with so much money in the game is almost unthinkable for a team like ourselves.

Think of Hamilton with McCarthy, McArthur, Antoine -Curier etc which was a special time for them and I firmly believe that McCowan, Harvie, Forrest, Kelly, Doohan etc can do the same for us, ably backed by Moffat, Doc & co of course.

People will keep saying how poor this league currently is, however you can only beat what's in front of you and on our good days we're simply unstoppable and sensational to watch as we're not just beating teams, we're completely blowing them away !!

As I say, I think McCowan could be a really special player (how he's not been called up to the U21's is beyond me) and Forrest, Kelly, Harvie & Doohan will all have top level careers ahead of them, of that I'm sure, so for us it's just a case of enjoying them all while we can and see just where they can take us...............

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, good points. I actually believe (whether rightly or wrongly) that we have a "once in a lifetime" team at the moment, which in the modern era with so much money in the game is almost unthinkable for a team like ourselves.

Think of Hamilton with McCarthy, McArthur, Antoine -Curier etc which was a special time for them and I firmly believe that McCowan, Harvie, Forrest, Kelly, Doohan etc can do the same for us, ably backed by Moffat, Doc & co of course.

People will keep saying how poor this league currently is, however you can only beat what's in front of you and on our good days we're simply unstoppable and sensational to watch as we're not just beating teams, we're completely blowing them away !!

As I say, I think McCowan could be a really special player (how he's not been called up to the U21's is beyond me) and Forrest, Kelly, Harvie & Doohan will all have top level careers ahead of them, of that I'm sure, so for us it's just a case of enjoying them all while we can and see just where they can take us...............

I think the u21s are pretty strong where he plays  unfortunately.