The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

An upside from yesterday. Kerr made the right subs. Had it been Sandy he would have introduced Doolan (as the game changer) and we know how that ends. Getting Moorey and McGuffie on was the correct call.

I'm encouraged but we need our injured players back as the squad is wafer thin. If a centre half or central midfielder gets injured we're fooked.

I think it may have to be 442 against Morton if we only have two fit central midfielders. With Moore and Moffat leading the line.

An upside from yesterday. Kerr made the right subs. Had it been Sandy he would have introduced Doolan (as the game changer) and we know how that ends. Getting Moorey and McGuffie on was the correct call.
I'm encouraged but we need our injured players back as the squad is wafer thin. If a centre half or central midfielder gets injured we're fooked.
I think it may have to be 442 against Morton if we only have two fit central midfielders. With Moore and Moffat leading the line.
Really late for mcguffie though. I was calling for him for McCowan from about 65, and it came at 85. McCowan had a very quiet second half, and I thought Forrest was offering a wee bit more.

Did we go 4-4-2 when Moore came on?

Really late for mcguffie though. I was calling for him for McCowan from about 65, and it came at 85. McCowan had a very quiet second half, and I thought Forrest was offering a wee bit more.

Did we go 4-4-2 when Moore came on?

Agree with the first part.

And yes we did, it clearly didn’t suit us as Kelly was far too deep and Forrest and McCowan dropped out of things more. Kerr didn’t really have any other option though and he won’t on Tuesday either which is worrying.

Agree with the first part.

And yes we did, it clearly didn’t suit us as Kelly was far too deep and Forrest and McCowan dropped out of things more. Kerr didn’t really have any other option though and he won’t on Tuesday either which is worrying.

This could be a point to bring in a couple of youngsters. Give them a go and try and keep the shape for those players who are still fit, rather than square pegs in round holes (which McCall tended to do).

Have we got a young midfield player, to go with doc and Kelly?

Get mcguffie or Moore starting, maybe doolan in for moff.

Back four seems fine.b

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

This could be a point to bring in a couple of youngsters. Give them a go and try and keep the shape for those players who are still fit, rather than square pegs in round holes (which McCall tended to do).

Have we got a young midfield player, to go with doc and Kelly?

Get mcguffie or Moore starting, maybe doolan in for moff.

Back four seems fine.b

You have to be joking with this one? 

ETA - The defense is not fine either. We just don't have any options.

Edited by Trogdor

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You have to be joking with this one? 

ETA - The defense is not fine either. We just don't have any options

We are conceding some shocking goals at the moment.  Roscoe in particular looks well short of confidence - was really poor at the 2nd goal last night.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Roscoe clearly has potential but he won’t improve with Muirhead along side him. I thought he was ok last night but will do much better with Bell or Adams alongside him.

Agree , only worry is Bell is about 3 games away and to be totally honest would be astonished if Adams played this year 

At the very least we need two central midfielders and one centre half. We desperately need a central midfielder right now but assuming it’ll need to wait until January. The issues right now are a McCall failing. We could do with a younger version of Mark Kerr if such a thing exists.

If half our team are dross, if they've got no confidence and they can't defend properly, could you just imagine how both we and they would feel if we weren't joint top of the league..............