The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, super_carson said:
1 minute ago, Iain said:
emoji2961.png
Might as well suggest Kenny Shiels.

They're not my suggestions of who I would want, more who we could be linked with.

Yeah, I get it. Just think there are only bad options out there unless we're unusually fortunate. McCall is the first manager we've hired since the mid-80s that we didn't later have to fire.

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

John Hughes applies for everything, so he'll be linked regardless. I'm then struggling to think of other options. Peter Houston?

Yogi & Owen Coyle? It worked when McCall left Falkirk. 

1 minute ago, wuffster said:

Put that suggestion in the bin, please.

Okay... 

Don’t think McCall is a snake, but he certainly made a rod for his own back with his various comments about loyalty and wanting to finish his career at Ayr.  If you look at his career as a player and manager, he always seems to have had a self destructive streak.  His decision to chuck a job where he was building something and was valued seems pretty consistent with his past.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah, we'll save that till January when he starts poaching our players

Can’t take any players in January unless we choose to sell them , as for pre contracts I believe Harvie andForrest would be going elsewhere anyway 

Edited by Robbo63

11 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Why would we orchestrate a hate campaign, when he joined we were an utter shambles, he's leaving us at the top of the Championship playing scintillating football.

Seems that some of your lot don’t necessarily agree.

Can’t take any players in January unless we chose to sell them , as for pre contracts I believe Harvie andForrest would be going elsewhere anyway 

No

There shall be no mention of Alan Forrest leaving this club. At least not for a good 6 months.

I need to lie down and hopefully when I awake this has all been a horrible dream...

tired sleep GIF

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Can’t take any players in January unless we chose to sell them , as for pre contracts I believe Harvie andForrest would be going elsewhere anyway 

Thats bloody depressing wrt Forrest and Harvie. I might as well get on the phone to the Samaritans at this rate.