The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Keeps you grounded that’s for sure.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow but I’m preparing myself for the worst.

Funnily enough, I'm the same but on the other side of the equation.

McCall seems to enjoy a wind-up, and it wouldn't surprise me if he'd told a couple of Thistle fans he knows that he's signed with us, and then tomorrow he'll confirm he's staying at Ayr.

Funnily enough, I'm the same but on the other side of the equation.
McCall seems to enjoy a wind-up, and it wouldn't surprise me if he'd told a couple of Thistle fans he knows that he's signed with us, and then tomorrow he'll confirm he's staying at Ayr.

This is like a really, really shite Christmas Eve where I know I’ll likely wake up in the morning and he’ll have fucked off.

Ah well, this season was becoming a tad boring so this’ll spice things up a wee bit.

I think he is definitely away. 

No idea what we should do now - it's a very strange situation in that you really want someone to come in and do very little - we cant sign anyone until January and the players are on form and in a system that seems to suit them really well.  A new manager from outside the club is going to come in, not know the players or their style and you could easily have 2 months of 'experimenting' dropping us down the table fast.   I'd be tempted to keep it in house for the rest of the season as I think the team at the moment playing the system they do would be comfortably safe from relegation. 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyone think he's not away at this point? didn't think so. Think we're screwed big  time.

Nah, hes staying.

Knicker wetters to be totally gutted & elated at the same time tomorrow.

Spoiler

Nah, hes definitely away.

Anyone think he's not away at this point? didn't think so. Think we're screwed big  time.
I'm still clinging on to the hope that the state of Partick both on and off the field is putting him off... very wishful thinking at this stage!

I think he is definitely away. 
No idea what we should do now - it's a very strange situation in that you really want someone to come in and do very little - we cant sign anyone until January and the players are on form and in a system that seems to suit them really well.  A new manager from outside the club is going to come in, not know the players or their style and you could easily have 2 months of 'experimenting' dropping us down the table fast.   I'd be tempted to keep it in house for the rest of the season as I think the team at the moment playing the system they do would be comfortably safe from relegation. 
This! I know I called for Yogi to come in but in hindsight this is a different situation we don't need someone to come in and turn round results as normal when your manager leaves we need to some one to continue what we are doing if McCall and Scally go tomorrow give the job to Stewart with Bell and Kerr assisting him at least to the new year.