The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

Feels like the relationship between McCall and Cameron has soured a bit since the Summer with the financial cutbacks.  I guess the issue for McCall will be whether things will be any different next June.  Of the current team, we’ll lose Doohan, Kelly, Harvie, Forrest and probably McCowan if someone is willing to cough up a transfer fee.  That will probably leave us scrabbling around looking to pull some rabbits out a hat again.   It’s an approach that’s bound to catch up with us eventually.  

There'll be more than that away.

John Hughes is a straight no!  
i wouldn’t go for Kerr as manager, but seems like s model pro so wouldn’t have s problem stepping up to assistant.  I could honestly live with Scally stepping up in the hope of preserving some continuity.  I’m saying that without the first clue how he is rated within the club right enough.  Or maybe it’s just the names being mentioned elsewhere that are making me want to gamble on promotions from within.  The thought of Duffy, McIntyre or Hughes makes me want to greet.  
Kerr's a a footballer I could watch all day as he can make the game look easy. But he's far from a model pro. He has a great knack of falling out with people.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

He’ll be going with McCall.

To be no 2 to the number 2 Alan Archibald who will no doubt be groomed as McCall’s eventual successor? I’m confident he’d accept the manager’s job at Ayr, but I agree it would be the puntiest of punts.  I just can’t face the usual merry go round of media friendly numpties that we’ll be linked with - Hartley, Duffy, McIntyre, McCann, Hughes...  oh dear lord.

maybe we could offer Archibald the managers job - it would irritate Partick and he did seem to do a decent job on the whole.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Shouldn’t have to take shite from idiots like the fucking Bellrock guy.

I don't disagree but in his position he should rise above it. Having a pop at the weapon from the Bellrock is one thing but having a pop at attendances just annoys folk like me and starts to erode my goodwill. What's he doing about getting more folk through the gates?

Also, the whole its my ball and I'll do what I want with it is tiresome in the extreme. ETA - Hence he is better to say nothing.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

To be no 2 to the number 2 Alan Archibald who will no doubt be groomed as McCall’s eventual successor? I’m confident he’d accept the manager’s job at Ayr, but I agree it would be the puntiest of punts.  I just can’t face the usual merry go round of media friendly numpties that we’ll be linked with - Hartley, Duffy, McIntyre, McCann, Hughes...  oh dear lord.

maybe we could offer Archibald the managers job - it would irritate Partick and he did seem to do a decent job on the whole.

He’s only assistant here because Henry left. From what I’m told if he goes Scally goes as part of his coaching team. Scally isn’t a manager anyway, think it’s more important we keep Stewart. 

Just very strange that Archibald goes as his assistant. He was one I thought would maybe be good to try get in here.

38 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I obviously hope McCall stays but if he goes then so be it. We're definitely going to be an attractive proposition to potential replacements and we don't need to sell ourselves short with potential candidates.

Every manager has some sort of failure on their CV at one point or another. My worry would be that we've had years of stability with the right guy for the right club for so long, do the club have a handle on what's actually made things so relatively successful?

The wrong appointment could quickly undo years of progression. That's my ultimate fear.

Get the advert out there and see who's CV lands on the doormat. Off the top of my head, what about Owen Coyle, who's worked with Sandy Stewart in his backroom team for years, Jim Weir or Stewart Petrie (geography might dictate otherwise with the guys in jobs).

What’s Sandy Stewart’s post with Ayr?

I don't disagree but in his position he should rise above it. Having a pop at the weapon from the Bellrock is one thing but having a pop at attendances just annoys folk like me and starts to erode my goodwill. What's he doing about getting more folk through the gates?
Also, the whole its my ball and I'll do what I want with it is tiresome in the extreme. ETA - Hence he is better to say nothing.
I like the statement, as it's very honest.

The attendance issue can't be just ignored. What he's done is facilitate one of the best teams we've had in 20 odd years - attractive football and lots of success.

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Pretty poor from Lachlan that. Another PR own goal, if he had nothing positive to say then best say nothing tbh.

Cameron doesn’t help himself at times.  His attitude comes across as a bit of the shrug of the shoulders - players and managers move on and there’s nothing we can do about it.  On one level he’s right, but sometimes you have to be seen to be fighting the good fight.   Last season he made it clear he wouldn’t stand in McCall’s way if he wanted to go to Falkirk or Partick or anyone else that might want him when we were sitting top of the league.  Same again.  I’m sure Clyde knew fine well that if Lennon really wanted to go, he’d go, but it didn’t stop them turning down permission to speak to him.