The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Just of the article is he will decide in the next 24hrs permission had been granted and he has spoken to them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-boss-ian-mccall-20140045

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Interesting, from that its not a done deal which is somewhat reassuring. 

He met Gerry Britton on Thursday. No idea what the status of it is, and after today you’d have to think he must be wondering what he’s getting himself in for... but he’s definitely been up to Firhill to discuss the job.

Personally, I hope he does, but you can see why he wouldn’t based on the two results (and respective league performances) today.

Folk can talk about lack of ambition until they are blue in the face. But if the money isn’t there, then it’s not there.
I still think more money could have been put on the table by Cameron and the highly increased revenue of a season in the premiership would easily give him the money back. If promotion didn't happen we'd just have to accept running the next few seasons on reduced budget. I still for life of me can't understand how he had a smaller budget this season that last but hey ho.

Also on McCall if he went to Thistle and it went Pete Tong for him I think his managerial career would be done.

I still think more money could have been put on the table by Cameron and the highly increased revenue of a season in the premiership would easily give him the money back. If promotion didn't happen we'd just have to accept running the next few seasons on reduced budget. I still for life of me can't understand how he had a smaller budget this season that last but hey ho.

Also on McCall if he went to Thistle and it went Pete Tong for him I think his managerial career would be done.

So you’d take the gamble on going up (a big gamble) and risk running on a massively reduced budget (probably lower than this season) if it didn’t work.

That’s no way to run any sort of business let alone a football club.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall wants Scally to go to Thistle with him aswell, Archibald number 2.

I think he'll go, board and chairman haven't backed him enough for this season imo and aren't showing the ambition to get to the Premiership. If the board had some balls to take up the challenge of trying to get to the premiership then he would stay, but they don't want to do that.

I think we'd only need another three decent players and we could seriously challenge for promotion.

Where have you heard he wants Scally with him? as well as Archibald number 2 ? Agree with him not being backed , I think they will try to keep him as McCall has lifted Ayr United as a club so much since he has been here, I hope they pull out all the stops to keep him!! he has to stay !!!!

Where have you heard he wants Scally with him? as well as Archibald number 2 ? Agree with him not being backed , I think they will try to keep him as McCall has lifted Ayr United as a club so much since he has been here, I hope they pull out all the stops to keep him!! he has to stay !!!!

In the article in the record

Says in the Ayrshire Post exclusive article

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I don't get this argument at all, we're top of the bloody league with 5 wins from 6 games, what more could he want ?

Let's pretend Cameron had given him an extra £100k to sign someone like Cardle who would have been at the expense of McCowan, now tell me, would you honestly swap McCowan for Cardle right now ??

If not McCowan, it would be someone else who'd be missing out, maybe Forrest ?

Who would you drop and why ??

Or do you think releasing even an extra £250k from the magic money tree would give us a higher budget than the Dundee sides ???

1 minute ago, Iain said:

If Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers have any sense they'll be immediately recalling their loan players if McCall leaves. Who knows how a new manager would handle them.

What good would that do. Yes they could recall them but they wouldn't be able to play for anybody (even their parent club) until 1st January

If Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers have any sense they'll be immediately recalling their loan players if McCall leaves. Who knows how a new manager would handle them.

They can’t, not until January anyway.

I still hold hope that Scally would rather be a manager than a coach.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I'm assuming this is a joke.

5 minutes ago, Rocket Ron said:

Don't believe the hype especially from "Daily Retard " and the "Ayrshire Poll", complete rubbish Ian McCall will stay sleep easy supporters have faith !!

This post has the potential to age well by this time tomorrow evening.

Danny Lennon never took 24hrs to decide

In fairness to McCall, I can understand why this is a big decision.

5 years ago he would never have thought an opportunity like this would come along after everything that happened.

I’d be absolutely gutted if he went but I can understand it if he did. That’s football though, people move on.

Danny Lennon is a substandard manager as well and probably realises he can’t turn that shambles at Firhill around.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Danny Lennon never took 24hrs to decide

Clyde rejected the approach from Thistle and immediately gave Lennon a new contact extension.

Meanwhile we accepted Thistles approach, let McCall speak to them and i highly doubt offered him a new contract.

Would be amazed if by this time tomorrow McCall has decided to stay with Ayr and signed a contract extension, more chance of a Brexit deal being signed in the next 24hrs IMO.

You do wonder in this situation if any of our players phone McCall and say that  he should stay.

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Would be amazed if by this time tomorrow McCall has decided to stay with Ayr and signed a contract extension, more chance of a Brexit deal being signed in the next 24hrs IMO.

Anyone mentioning Brexit on a football forum instantly loses the argument imo. 

I hope you're wrong! 

So, let's say McCall and Scally go, does that mean Doohan will forget how to come for a cross ball or Forrest won't know how to run past a player or McCowan will lose his ability to dribble with the ball or Doc won't know how to tackle or Moffats close control and ability to run will evaporate ???

Just wondering............

Just now, rb123! said:

This post has the potential to age well by this time tomorrow evening.

Totally agree!!! probably grow arms and legs thanks to Chick Young!!!! Oh Aye have a cracker of "News just in "!!! Aye right !  on  , just when I was heading home from a exhibition of quality fotball from the Super Ayr , he comes on air about McCall, talk aboot a dampner ! But thought through our best Manager and saviour will be with us for a bit longer !