The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If McCall is offered the Thistle job there’s absolutely no chance he will say no, it’s just a matter of whether our board offer it to him or not. You’re clearly better than us currently - thanks to the dearly departed Caldwell - but McCall loves Thistle and has said before he has unfinished business, plus we are (despite our current situation) clearly a bigger club. 
Maybe your correct but I have my doubts, yeah he has stated he loves Thistle band gas unfinished business but he has also said Ayr will be his last managers job and wanted to move upstairs, your club is in turmoil no money for buses eg and the potential new owners don't exactly come across so far as they are going to pump money in and last of all and most importantly he's got young guys as Ayr running through brick walls for him I think as he's got older he's all about setting an example and I don't think he's going to up and leave them and show that there is no loyalty bin Football anymore.

In interview form maybe a few years ago. But hang around the pubs of the West End long enough and he will tell it to anyone who will listen. 

As I said, a lot changes in a few years.

He’s been on record numerous time stating his loyalty to our Chairman and his ambition for Ayr.

I think Thistle fans are flattering themselves when they think McCall would jump ship at the first hint of the Partick Thistle job. Regardless of whether they’re a bigger club.

How did we do in the immediate league games that  followed last season after McCall was  linked to other jobs. Just seeing if there's a pattern apparent as there must  have been a few he was linked to.

We lost heavily to QOTS last season after Falkirk approached him.

Archibald was sacked in the middle of our good run of results but I think he squashed those rumours quickly. He phoned Gerry Britton to say he wasn’t interested about a day or so after the rumours began.

9 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

If McCall is offered the Thistle job there’s absolutely no chance he will say no, it’s just a matter of whether our board offer it to him or not. You’re clearly better than us currently - thanks to the dearly departed Caldwell - but McCall loves Thistle and has said before he has unfinished business, plus we are (despite our current situation) clearly a bigger club. 

Only a certifiable lunatic would leave the team at the top of the league who are improving week on week to join a team bottom of the league who are in complete turmoil both on and off the pitch.

As for the Sun piece, it's clearly complete mince as the only tenuous links they have is McCall living in the west end and once commenting that he liked the club.

Just out of sheer interest, if we were to lose McCall who’d be a likely replacement?

Provided he didn’t move with McCall to Thistle then Neil Scally wouldn’t be a bad idea. Already has a good relationship with the players, knows the club and is best placed to continue the style of play that McCall has in place. He already takes training (along with Sandy Stewart).

FYI, I’m not overly worried that McCall will leave.
What's John Henry up to nowadays?

He was on Sportsound last night, when asked about the Thistle takeover stuff he said that he had spoken to some of the board and they assured him that everything at the club was fine......Caldwell was still in a job at that time. 

Miller with Doolan as an assistant, lets get that rumour started.  

Edited by diegomarahenry
HE = McCall

I think we have to open our eyes to the possibility the Thistle job will interest McCall . We do have a cracking team this season but like last season our inability to offer top money in the Championship means that the top guys will get cherry picked in January same as last season . Lets not forget Thistle got Zanatta we didn't ,so despite being on they're arse they can still get good players in .

Having said all that McCall pretty much has a job for life with us and sooner or later he'll get a big transfer fee in and that could be the game changer for him and the club .

If McCall has feelings to go back to Thistle I think this would be his best opportunity, team shit so likely some investment will be provided in January , thinks Caldwell was an utter baw bag and might want to show him what was achievable with the current squad being managed properly, but I do hope he remains here 

Edited by Robbo63

19 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
26 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Maybe your correct but I have my doubts, yeah he has stated he loves Thistle band gas unfinished business but he has also said Ayr will be his last managers job and wanted to move upstairs, your club is in turmoil no money for buses eg and the potential new owners don't exactly come across so far as they are going to pump money in and last of all and most importantly he's got young guys as Ayr running through brick walls for him I think as he's got older he's all about setting an example and I don't think he's going to up and leave them and show that there is no loyalty bin Football anymore.

He also said he's got his ambition back after last season and he wants to have a right go at winning it.

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hope the bookies have this all wrong.Screenshot_2019-09-18-19-34-24.jpeg

All depends where you look 

1 bookie has Danny Lennon 5/2 Fav

1 has Scott Gemmel at 3/1 Fav

1 has Derek Adams at 2/1 Fav

everyone just guessing or trying to get names out there 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

All depends where you look 

1 bookie has Danny Lennon 5/2 Fav

1 has Scott Gemmel at 3/1 Fav

1 has Derek Adams at 2/1 Fav

everyone just guessing or trying to get names out there 

Yes, 1/5 would be a worry but when the favourite is 2's against, then it's just a guessing job.

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

Aye Partick are a fucking massive club, really big club, huge.