The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Glad to come away with the three points today and only one injury in Murdoch.
Some of Partick's tackling was atrocious, it was like playing a junior team when they just snap you at every opportunity.
9 points from 4 games and a wee trip to Wrexham next week. Pretty content with that.
It's been a bit of a jammy start, and long may it continue.

For those at the game, how did we look in the first half? Deservedly behind?

I thought we were ok tbh. I’ll need to see it again but I thought our disallowed goal should’ve stood.

Zanatta was their only threat and Geggan really struggled with him.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah, we're due a bit of luck.

First half - Thistle were definitely better.

We went behind to a very soft penalty when Tom Daly went down from pressure from Mark Kerr. We were then on the front foot, had a goal rightly ruled out for offside and then McCowan scored a good goal after the defender misjudged the flight of a long ball. We then seemed to allow Tom Daly to run through us totally unchallenegd in spite of about 5 opportunities to get a foot on the ball and Partick attacker got the cross ball and an easy goal to finish. Then their goalscorer got himself sent off for a very poor challenge.

All the Thistle attacks seemed to come down our right hand side. Mainly due to Geggan often having to mark two men with McCowan too far forward as we pressed and Docherty not doing what Murdoch has been doing and drifting right to protect Geggan.

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll need to see it again but I thought our disallowed goal should’ve stood.

Doolan was definitely offside and then steps over the ball. He doesn't touch it but you could argue he is interfering with play. If thats still the rule? I'm not sure.

Forrest was definitely onside.

Three wins in four games and sitting second top . Doing something right  , if just a little bit unconvincing . However two years ago we would never have got out of Glasgow with three points ,regardless of a 9 man opposition . Things might be looking up ,we may just be a proper Championship club now .

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was hoping you guys would drop points today ahead of our clash.

Nope not this time . Just need to ping you guys by four and we go top . hahahhahahahaha . Looking forward to the match but first we have a fun day in Wrexham .

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully that goal from Doolan will be a turning point for him. Just knew he’d score today 😊

Yeah, I hope so too. Up until today other than Berwick he has been a bit meh. 

Special mention to Daniel Harvie who I thought was outstanding today.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Special mention to Daniel Harvie who I thought was outstanding today.

People forget that Danny is still just a kid . He has never clocked out in the last year or so and keeps going for 90mins every week . I'm a big fan of the lad ,the next guy destined for greater things ....

Amazing how well we are doing especially when five of the starting eleven are twenty-two and under and two of them are still teenagers, it's an exciting time to be an Ayr fan I don't think I can remember a time when we have had so many talented young guys at the club who could go on to have really good carers.

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Amazing how well we are doing especially when five of the starting eleven are twenty-two and under and two of them are still teenagers, it's an exciting time to be an Ayr fan I don't think I can remember a time when we have had so many talented young guys at the club who could go on to have really good carers.

Totally agree. We are in a good place.

Its great to see us producing our own players, picking up young players who are released and see us a good place to develop and its also pleasing to see bigger teams entrusting us with their better young players.

Its also a sustainable operating model with us being full time and well on our way to being an established Championship club. We just need to get more fans coming in through the gates at Somerset. 

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hopefully they’ll have long careers before they need carers.