The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Smithy is the best right back in the division and from an attacking perspective should do ok next year in the premier , sometimes his defending can be a bit modern to say the least . However in LS you have your passport up and much more ,his goals are only part of his  locker ,I particularly liked his bully of big centre half's . You'll be tested by the market forces at Christmas and big time in the summer . However you have him on a strong contract and you'll make a fortune if your nerve fails . The flip side is you extend his deal and the boy stays and keeps his family at home in Glasgow and becomes a legend at both United's .

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Who?

We're desperate to ship out Ross Callachan and David McMillan (prolific scorer for Dundalk) if you fancy either.

We're desperate to ship out Ross Callachan and David McMillan (prolific scorer for Dundalk) if you fancy either.

I was meaning who was the player that told a supporter we’ve no money left.

Although I would probably take McMillan.

As much as I'd welcome any signing another experienced player would be good average age of the squad at the moment is just under 24, yesterday only Bell, Adams Geggan and Moffat were over 30 as much as that's brilliant to have such a young team another old head who has been found the block a few times wouldn't hurt.

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

David McMillan is probably the kind of guy we're after ,although he has some injuries under his belt . But at 30 he may see a couple of years in the championship as a way of topping up his pension .

He's a qualified architect and done that at the same time as being at Dundalk, so not sure hes too fussy about the money that comes from football.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Steven Anderson is on his way out as well?

I’d rather have him tbh.

Hes been surpassed by two young bucks, and we've signed an Estonian International to play back up. He left on loan in January as he wanted regular games and nothings changed for him with us, so assume its still the same.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our window closes on Saturday doesn’t it?

So we might have a signing or 2 this week.

Only for actual signings / transfers from other clubs - if a player is freed by their club before the window closes we can sign them at any point. I think we can also sign players on "emergency" loan at any point

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our window closes on Saturday doesn’t it?

So we might have a signing or 2 this week.

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Only for actual signings / transfers from other clubs - if a player is freed by their club before the window closes we can sign them at any point. I think we can also sign players on "emergency" loan at any point

Monday 2nd at midnight.

No loans past that point.

Think it’s only League 1 and 2 clubs that can get emergency loans.

The only players we can sign after the deadline are players who were released whilst the window was open.

16 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:
On 24/08/2019 at 23:33, D said:

Who?

Michael Moffat told me this.

I think if any player told someone information it should remain only with that person , naming the player over the internet is very poor IMO 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think if any player told someone information it should remain only with that person , naming the player over the internet is very poor IMO 

Yep, you've just got to suck up all the "you're talking shite" or similar or don't post it up.

It’s a pretty big IF tbf. It’s pretty bizarre that a player would just tell a fan something like that.

It’s even more bizarre if that fan has asked him about it in the first place.

Hey I did not ask him mate all I asked him was if ayr will be signing any more players thts all I asked but yous are right there I dont want him getting in to any bother but just dont want people thinking I'm talking shite he did say our only hope is a loan signing but tbf I think we all knew tht anyway

5 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

Hey I did not ask him mate all I asked him was if ayr will be signing any more players thts all I asked but yous are right there I dont want him getting in to any bother but just dont want people thinking I'm talking shite he did say our only hope is a loan signing but tbf I think we all knew tht anyway

Think it’s a bit late for that , wither  you named him or not people would always have their opinion wither it’s shite or not , I am still 100% convinced that his name should never have appeared on here , the only person who could be lose out on this is the named player , poor poor call