D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Aye - but only cos I saw it described on Wrexham's twitter as "The xxxxx xxxx derby".   I would never have got it so won't spoil haha

2 hours ago, wuffster said:

IMG_4652.png.5775794d253d28beb76d668198faa7db.png

34 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

The man, the legend, MARIUS ROVDE.

lol nice one dudes - the only reason I knew is due to a bit of a funny story

Røvde stays out near Vancouver, BC now, which is where my mate has recently moved to. He was out walking his dog and calling to the dug in his broad (well broad for here anyway) Ayrshire accent. Big Marius recognised the accent and struck up a convo with him asking where in Ayrshire he was from and who he supported etc. My mate's a diehard Killie, so they had a good laugh about that.

My mate couldn't wait to tell me he'd met this "Ayr United Legend" and I had to guess who he was hahahaha, so it resulted in me reading his Wikipedia and Soccerbase pages and it stuck in my head :lol:

Any volunteers up for popping into Connahs Quay on the way down with champagne and chocolates by way of thanks? Not too much of a detour😎 It's the least we can do!

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With all this cup talk can anyone tell me the date when we enter the Scottish Cup?

23/11

18 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Any volunteers up for popping into Connahs Quay on the way down with champagne and chocolates by way of thanks? Not too much of a detour😎 It's the least we can do!

A bottle of gordan sawyers tears would be a nice gesture. 

27 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

23/11

Is it not 18 January?  I think last season's top 4 in the Championship enter in the 4th round.

11 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Is it not 18 January?  I think last season's top 4 in the Championship enter in the 4th round.

We don't have a league game on November 23rd so added 2+2

We don't have a league game on November 23rd so added 2+2

Yep we enter in the 4th round along with Dundee, Dundee Utd and ICT from the Championship and the Premiership clubs.

The ties are played on the weekend of the 18/19th of January.

17 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Saturday is the 7th of september 

Cheers, I'm losing the plot here.

30 minutes ago, RedEd said:

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep we enter in the 4th round along with Dundee, Dundee Utd and ICT from the Championship and the Premiership clubs.

We’ve reached the #BigTime lads.

Michael Rose getting rave reviews from Coventry fans again tonight. Think of all the guys that left us this summer he’s the one that’ll achieve the most.

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Michael Rose getting rave reviews from Coventry fans again tonight. Think of all the guys that left us this summer he’s the one that’ll achieve the most.

Good player. One of the best.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good to hear. If we do have a 5% sell on clause with them then him having a really good season or two with them could earn us a nice bit of cash.

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ya dancer, let's just pray that we avoid another Junior team........................

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Good to hear. If we do have a 5% sell on clause with them then him having a really good season or two with them could earn us a nice bit of cash.

I'm in danger of being whooshed here but why would we have any sort of sell on clause given the fact he signed a PCA?