The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Manchester City, Arsenal, Bayern, Liverpool and most of the world's top clubs have made significant investment in this side of the game. 

That wasn't really the type of club I was looking for in the answer, hence framing the question quite clearly about "lower leagues".

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

That wasn't really the type of club I was looking for in the answer, hence framing the question quite clearly about "lower leagues".

I'm not convinced that there's enough access to the right data at our level or below.

11 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not convinced that there's enough access to the right data at our level or below.

Or the resource to do anthing meanful with the data... I mean, we haven't even got enough turnstile operators. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Two quick questions:

1. What music is played when we score at Somerset? Is it bits n pieces?

2. Why can you not buy water at the kiosks? That's mental, especially when it's hot on the terraces.

I'd quite like to buy some airgun pellets so those feckin seagulls get the message. But seriously, is there no one out there with falconry skills?

34 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

After the Stranraer game we were due for relegation! I doubt we're a blueprint model for success: Shankland, Rose, Smith and Crawford allowed to leave at the same time for the equivalent of a bag of balls, a box of Haribo and some strawberry Yazoo milk. That cannot be a great model as you put it.

That's got absolutely bugger all to do with analytics or statistics though, has it ?

We could have had a team of laptop warriors armed with their bar graphs and pie charts and pivot tables and it wouldn't have helped us get these guys signed up on 3 or 4 year contracts.

I'm afraid we need to face facts that we ply our trade in the second tier of the backwater which is Scottish football and for what it's worth, I think we're doing ok by serving our primary function, which, in case anyone loses sight of this, is entertaining the paying customer................

28 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thank god it’s not that awful Bits and Pieces music, although am I right in saying it got played on occasion when Shankland scored?

He's been using "Levels" for a while...don't recall Bits N Pieces being played at Somerset recently

He's been using "Levels" for a while...don't recall Bits N Pieces being played at Somerset recently

I don’t think it was used last season but it was definitely used in the 16/17 and 17/18 season. Although he may have alternated between the two songs.

11 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That's got absolutely bugger all to do with analytics or statistics though, has it ?

We could have had a team of laptop warriors armed with their bar graphs and pie charts and pivot tables and it wouldn't have helped us get these guys signed up on 3 or 4 year contracts.

I'm afraid we need to face facts that we ply our trade in the second tier of the backwater which is Scottish football and for what it's worth, I think we're doing ok by serving our primary function, which, in case anyone loses sight of this, is entertaining the paying customer................

The real pro's use PowerBI but I believe he licence is quite expensive. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it was used last season but it was definitely used in the 16/17 and 17/18 season. Although he may have alternated between the two songs.

Ditto remember it being used, atleast we don't use A-Team like Alloa, mind you maybe that is more due to the bad memories at Recs. 
Would be all for Zombie nation whenever we draw Rangers / Airdrie in the cup. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

The real pro's use PowerBI but I believe he licence is quite expensive. 

Ditto remember it being used, atleast we don't use A-Team like Alloa, mind you maybe that is more due to the bad memories at Recs. 
Would be all for Zombie nation whenever we draw Rangers / Airdrie in the cup. 

Power BI is awesome but insanely expensively. 

I work for a huge global corporation and it took major negotiation for our board to sign off on it for us. 

May be slightly out of reach for a cash strapped football club.

36 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Power BI is awesome but insanely expensively. 

I work for a huge global corporation and it took major negotiation for our board to sign off on it for us. 

May be slightly out of reach for a cash strapped football club.

Exactly. Potentially a worthwhile investment for clubs with a turnover in tens of millions, not so much for a club which has to make choices between its maintenance budget and player budget.