The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Totally agree... I'd just like to see us getting money for them when they move on. Too many leave for nothing.

We've actually not had many leave that were worth two bob, it's all part of a journey, hopefully we'll get to a stage where we're able to offer contracts that justify a fee at the end, unfortunately we're in a very weak position at the moment, where we're required to abrogate power to players of a certain standard.

49 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t disagree with this, however, to say we can’t compete with the Dundee teams and Dunfermline leaves us competing for mid table and I want to try for top 4 again if possible. That said with our current squad I’d probably accept survival.

I think we are competing for top 4 again, unfortunately survival isn't too far behind competing for top 4.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Panda pals season was £15, I think it’s still that price.

£20 for Under 12s which is an exceptional price , if they were to pay for each game individually it would cost £108 , 18 league games at £6 per game , for an under 12 to pay into all Dundee home games it’s an astonishing £180 , a no brainier , great opportunity for all fans with kids under 12 to get online or into store and buy a panda pal ticket , monies worth even if they only attend a 1/4 of the games 

Edited by Robbo63

6 hours ago, Dele said:

Why would Ayr get a sell on fee from a free agents new club? :unsure2:

Rose was a free agent, either Coventry gave us the sell on for no reason or Rose asked for it.  Unlikely Shankland (or anyone) would do the same. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know if the club has anyone doing statistical analysis of our games or to help identify possible new signings?

Not to say we don't have anyone doing this, but I'd doubt it as we probably don't have the resources to employ someone for that specific purpose. But if you know anyone that does it, it is always worth dropping the club a line (Plus if you know anyone that can work a hand scanner also do the same.) 

My favourite part about the new ticketing system is that what it is super modern, barcodes, beeps etc. The person on the gate still has to write down tally marks on a bit of paper. Surely the computer should do this!

Not  that it’s any concern to us, but I saw that Killie had problems with their ticket scanners yesterday resulting in thousands of Rangers fans not in the ground by kick off.  With this and the issues our scanners have at not working at times, why can’t the turnstile operator not just rip the stub off the ticket until a technical problem can be rectified? Would make sense going forward rather than have people miss kick off as has happened at both the Falkirk and Morton game this season. 

Edited by Thereisalight..

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not  that it’s any concern to us, but I saw that Killie had problems with their ticket scanners yesterday resulting in thousands of Rangers fans not in the ground by kick off.  With this and the issues our scanners have at not working at times, why can’t the turnstile operator not just rip the stub off the ticket until a technical problem can be rectified? Would make sense going forward rather than have people miss kick off as has happened at both the Falkirk and Morton game this season. 

That's got to be seen as a positive surely...........

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Probably because there is no way to validate that the ticket is legitimate without scanning it.

Seriously this ticketing chat is getting boring as f**k. Can we just accept it and move on?

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know if the club has anyone doing statistical analysis of our games or to help identify possible new signings?

Let's hope not.

Too much of that total bollocks in Football nowadays...........

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
That's got to be seen as a positive surely...........

The animals I saw almost killing folk jumping on an disabled section roof are not fans

Yes, it's just a pure ned fest with that mob and how they get away with it week in week out totally defies belief when you see some of the things that the authorities are being heavy handed about.

As always, it's the easy targets they pick on and obviously "ra peeple" are too much of a hassle due to the huge number of neanderthals that they attract.......

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Let's hope not.
Too much of that total bollocks in Football nowadays...........

You are joking, right?

No,I'm certainly not.

How many potential top class footballers have slipped through the net because an analyst looking at statistics on a spreadsheet has ruled them out ??

I hate to break this to people but this is the real world and not some virtual playground where real people are graded upon their performance in a Football Manager game.............

No,I'm certainly not.
How many potential top class footballers have slipped through the net because an analyst looking at statistics on a spreadsheet has ruled them out ??
I hate to break this to people but this is the real world and not some virtual playground where real people are graded upon their performance in a Football Manager game.............
You tell us, it sounded like a rhetorical question.
Any professional club worth their salt should be looking to gain every little advantage they can, and if statistics can help that (and I'm talking more broadly, not just target signings) then they should be used.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No,I'm certainly not.

None. Statistics are not intended to replace human intuition in football. There's an enormous middle ground between not using them at all and using them as the sole basis for making decisions.

Lawrence Shanklands analytical stats pre McCall wouldn't have made for pleasant reading I'm guessing.

The problem with stats is that they can be manipulated and don't always, if ever, give you a truly accurate picture of the reality.

I'm not just talking Football as I see this every day in my job, however Football especially is a game where bare statistics are often completely misleading as you can have variables such as playing styles, partnerships, pitch conditions etc which are all unknowns until such time as they are actually trialled in real life.

A striker could potentially be the best striker in the world, however his stats are poor simply because of lack of service or the team don't play to his strengths. Chelsea being an excellent example of this in recent years as a graveyard for top class strikers.

On the flip side you can have players who look like world beaters in a particular setup but when that partnership is broken up the superstar can quickly look like a total diddy but again any amount of analysis won't tell you that in advance.

Nothing beats the old fashioned scouting I'm afraid and even then it's never going to be foolproof, that's just life and I'm bloody glad it is, otherwise all our destiny's would already be predetermined.....................

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You can't write off statistics entirely like this.

No-one is talking about a moneyball type experiment - we're just talking about using relevant data to improve the club.

I can and will, just like I have completely written off GPS distance measuring systems in Golf as being completely useless to the individual as that's another of my major bugbears (and I do have evidence to back that one up).