The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

How many times can different people explain the concept of cash flow, and the concept of turnstile operators making mistakes with a cash turnstile, be explained before some people will understand the benefit to the club. It’s getting old now.

In terms of turnstile operators making mistakes - do you not think they're just going to be replaced by computer errors?
These systems are not flawless.

I've read the explanations of benefits many times but have never been fully convinced. They just appear to be quite minimal.

Can you not order a ticket for your old man in exchange for cash whenever he feels like going?

Quite often he goes along when I'm not through.

But essentially yes - I offered that. He's a stubborn old b*****d though.

(I was literally arguing the opposite case to the one on here for a good half hour last night - although a few whiskys had been consumed)

48 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

How many times has money went missing over the weekend from Somerset in the last ten years?

I don't see the massive benefit for the club here.

Last night I spent half an hour trying to persuade my dad not to give up on Somerset but ultimately failed. He's heading to whitletts this season. Not that he went that much (or even contributed a full price ticket) but sadly I don't think he'll be alone. Like someone mentioned, auld folk can be awkward and cantankerous as f**k.

Yes some are tech savvy but I still think we're underestimating the number of walk-up-on-the-day fans who don't use mobile phones - or don't use them to make purchases.

The system is not about money going missing , the system is in place to make it more convenient for a great number of people to purchase tickets in advance , more and more people are paying for services and tickets on line , the system is working for the mast majority of our fans , in the space of 2 weeks we have gone from less than 30% of our fans buying in advance to now nearly 70% as they start to understand the system , lots of positive comments coming through to club , especially Away fans complementing how easy and quick it is to order ticket and have it in their possession in around 2 mins either on phone or ready to print 

Don’t understand the people who say they are not going back as they can’t pay at gate and don’t know how to order online , you can simply pay in shop or the now 5 other terminals , on Saturday we had s crowd of 1500 and nobody queued for a ticket more than a couple of minutes , just as quick as paying at turnstile 

Don’t understand the people who say they are not going back as they can’t pay at gate and don’t know how to order online , you can simply pay in shop or the now 5 other terminals , on Saturday we had s crowd of 1500 and nobody queued for a ticket more than a couple of minutes , just as quick as paying at turnstile 
I was going to ask this.

I wasn't down on Saturday - but where are the five other terminals situated?

In the admin office we have upped the terminals from 1 to 2 and we now also have portable hand held terminals which can be used anywhere , very similar to what the train ticket attendants use , a massive move forward 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

In the admin office we have upped the terminals from 1 to 2 and we now also have 3 portable hand held terminals which can be used anywhere , very similar to what the train ticket attendants use , a massive move forward 

Robbo I have a wee question you seem too be involved with the club .Will we be doing a half season ticket this season??

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Robbo I have a wee question you seem too be involved with the club .Will we be doing a half season ticket this season??

Too complicated.

In the admin office we have upped the terminals from 1 to 2 and we now also have portable hand held terminals which can be used anywhere , very similar to what the train ticket attendants use , a massive move forward 
That's excellent. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Will answer that for you after asking the question , can’t see why not , at moment we just added 18 games to a ticket to cover full season , can’t see why they won’t just add last 9 games to a separate ticket 

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Will answer that for you after asking the question , can’t see why not , at moment we just added 18 games to a ticket to cover full season , can’t see why they won’t just add last 9 games to a separate ticket 

Thanks .It's quite good for a Xmas present .and it's been done before .

So who contacted Radio Scotland  this morning during a discussion regarding a cashless society.

Complaining that even football grounds are cashless now and you have to queue twice for a ticket. Got to have been about us

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

So who contacted Radio Scotland  this morning during a discussion regarding a cashless society.

Complaining that even football grounds are cashless now and you have to queue twice for a ticket. Got to have been about us

I fucking love a cashless society.  Physical money serves no purpose. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I fucking love a cashless society.  Physical money serves no purpose. 

Easier to keep track of what your spending. It's a dangerous thing keep swiping your card, especially when you are on the ran-dan. But I guess it's a generational thing

When my nose no longer touches the ceiling when I go to bed it's time to put some more of the folding stuff away

12 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Easier to keep track of what your spending. It's a dangerous thing keep swiping your card, especially when you are on the ran-dan. But I guess it's a generational thing

When my nose no longer touches the ceiling when I go to bed it's time to put some more of the folding stuff away

Is it? Absolutely no chance I could be arsed remembering every transaction I made of using only cash. Using card you can log into an app in 5 seconds and have a detailed breakdown of every transaction made.

Is it? Absolutely no chance I could be arsed remembering every transaction I made of using only cash. Using card you can log into an app in 5 seconds and have a detailed breakdown of every transaction made.
There's a psychological ease when you're spending money through a card or phone (gambling is a good example of this).

If you take out the cash you have for a week then you'll have much more chance sticking to a budget.

But the big kicker is the poor fuckers on the edge of society (the homeless especially but also folk with all sorts of disabilities, many old people, and folk with no specific issues but who are just not really 'on the ball' with life).

These people are so vulnerable and therefore cash is going to be needed for the foreseeable future.

Anyone who understands this and still advocates a cashless society is essentially a selfish p***k (of which there are many out there).

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

There's a psychological ease when you're spending money through a card or phone (gambling is a good example of this).

If you take out the cash you have for a week then you'll have much more chance sticking to a budget.

But the big kicker is the poor fuckers on the edge of society (the homeless especially but also folk with all sorts of disabilities, many old people, and folk with no specific issues but who are just not really 'on the ball' with life).

These people are so vulnerable and therefore cash is going to be needed for the foreseeable future.

Anyone who understands this and still advocates a cashless society is essentially a selfish p***k (of which there are many out there).

That's me!