The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Each to their own, but myself (and clearly plenty of others) do find it a big improvement for as it saves me time and effort on the previous system. The benefits the club get are a bonus.

Still struggling to see how this will save any fan time and effort over the previous system so please elaborate? Unless of course you go out drinking pre match on an empty wallet and find yourself walking to Tesco 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Still struggling to see how this will save any fan time and effort over the previous system so please elaborate? Unless of course you go out drinking pre match on an empty wallet and find yourself walking to Tesco 

Is it not enough that it helps the club out?  It literally takes about 60 seconds to buy a ticket online.  Honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I bought a cinema ticket at the cinema with cash.

It is also a clear improvement on the systems at other clubs where you have to queue to buy a ticket at the ground then queue again to enter the ground or, if the option exists, buy and physically collect a ticket in advance.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think the ticketing process makes sense, it’s just crap for guys like my Dad who is in his 60’s and doesn’t work mobile phones, computers etc. It means the oldies are having to queue twice, and you know how cantankerous old boys can be having to wait not once but twice

My dad is also in his 60s, as are a lot of his pals and they're all able to work mobile phones...they even use whatsapp group chats and my auld da has been known to partake in a bit of Scottish Fitba Twitter from time to time

Basically, age isn't an excuse for not keeping up with technology...there's folk down the Bowling Club my dad is a member at, who are in their 70s/80s and use Facebook....if you can work Facebook then you can buy a ticket online nae bother

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

My dad is also in his 60s, as are a lot of his pals and they're all able to work mobile phones...they even use whatsapp group chats and my auld da has been known to partake in a bit of Scottish Fitba Twitter from time to time

Basically, age isn't an excuse for not keeping up with technology...there's folk down the Bowling Club my dad is a member at, who are in their 70s/80s and use Facebook....if you can work Facebook then you can buy a ticket online nae bother

Let’s no forget your dad’s a legend! 

54 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Don’t carry cash, so every game I went to was a hassle having to go and lift money out. This is far more convenient for me and I’d guess the majority of people my age. If you only carry cash and don’t use a smartphone then I can understand why this is less convenient, but I think for the majority it’s better, and if you really are struggling to understand how this system could be more convenient for anybody then I’m afraid I can’t help you.

30 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Not entirely True.

If something is a definite improvement or advancement on the status quo then I would agree, however much of the recent technological "advances" are in fact gimmicky nonsense which don't improve on anything.

I suppose aggressive marketing combined with a pretty gullible population would make many believe that downloading an app to your phone in order to open your car door is a "must have" right enough...........

I think if folk haven’t grasped by now how this is beneficial for a lot of fans and the club then you’ll never get through to them.

Having a group of fans that have to queue twice on match days isn’t enough to overturn the fact that having the new ticket system is hugely beneficial to the club.

20 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don’t carry cash, so every game I went to was a hassle having to go and lift money out. This is far more convenient for me and I’d guess the majority of people my age. If you only carry cash and don’t use a smartphone then I can understand why this is less convenient, but I think for the majority it’s better, and if you really are struggling to understand how this system could be more convenient for anybody then I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Fair enough point. Personally I use both my phone and cash choosing whichever is quickest for that specific moment in time 

I think if folk haven’t grasped by now how this is beneficial for a lot of fans and the club then you’ll never get through to them.

Having a group of fans that have to queue twice on match days isn’t enough to overturn the fact that having the new ticket system is hugely beneficial to the club.
How many times has money went missing over the weekend from Somerset in the last ten years?

I don't see the massive benefit for the club here.

Last night I spent half an hour trying to persuade my dad not to give up on Somerset but ultimately failed. He's heading to whitletts this season. Not that he went that much (or even contributed a full price ticket) but sadly I don't think he'll be alone. Like someone mentioned, auld folk can be awkward and cantankerous as f**k.

Yes some are tech savvy but I still think we're underestimating the number of walk-up-on-the-day fans who don't use mobile phones - or don't use them to make purchases.

How many times has money went missing over the weekend from Somerset in the last ten years?

Last night I spent half an hour trying to persuade my dad not to give up on Somerset but ultimately failed. He's heading to whitletts this season. Not that he went that much (or even contributed a full price ticket) but sadly I don't think he'll be alone. Like someone mentioned, auld folk can be awkward and cantankerous as f**k.

Yes some are tech savvy but I still think we're underestimating the number of walk-up-on-the-day fans who don't use mobile phones - or don't use them to make purchases.

It’s not just about money going missing although I’d be surprised if it didn’t.

Having people pay online means the club is getting the money in advance instead of having to take it to the bank and cash it. Even if folk aren’t buying season tickets a lot of them might buy 3 or 4 games in advance when they know they can either afford it or have that Saturday off work. In short this whole system makes it quicker for the club to get money and easier for PATG fans to plan in advance what games they’ll be going to.

If someone who is a regular or has supported Ayr for years and doesn’t go because the turnstiles are cashless, then they are a helmet and won’t be missed.

No doubt be logging on and buying a ticket if we get Killie right enough. 

If someone who is a regular or has supported Ayr for years and doesn’t go because the turnstiles are cashless, then they are a helmet and won’t be missed.
Some numpty always posts a view like this.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Some numpty always posts a view like this.

Happy to be the numpty.

It’s not just about money going missing although I’d be surprised if it didn’t.

Having people pay online means the club is getting the money in advance instead of having to take it to the bank and cash it. Even if folk aren’t buying season tickets a lot of them might buy 3 or 4 games in advance when they know they can either afford it or have that Saturday off work. In short this whole system makes it quicker for the club to get money and easier for PATG fans to plan in advance what games they’ll be going to.

I get that some people will find this much easier, and I've no issue with that (I'd have liked this system introduced with cash gates alongside).

But getting money in advance is no great benefit - you're not getting any more money.

And banking money is what club has done since its inception. There's no great hassle in that.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

How many times can different people explain the concept of cash flow, and the concept of turnstile operators making mistakes with a cash turnstile, be explained before some people will understand the benefit to the club. It’s getting old now.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Most of the people who post on here will be tech savvy and more likely to favour the new system. Would imagine your underestimating point to be rather accurate 

Most of the people who post on here will be tech savvy and more likely to favour the new system. Would imagine your underestimating point to be rather accurate 

You really don’t have to be “tech savvy” to post on an online forum.

I can work a computer but I wouldn’t describe myself as tech savvy.

Can you not order a ticket for your old man in exchange for cash whenever he feels like going?