The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Albeit it’s eaely days but the new signings have been mostly misses. Roscoe looked a bombscare today. Doolan hasn’t done anything to make me think he’ll score 20 + goals a season. Frank Ross, why sign him to have him on the bench constantly?Stephen Kelly seems the pick of the new signings so far

we definitely missed Geggan today and wouldn’t have been all at sea at corners if Jamie Adams was fit 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Albeit it’s eaely days but the new signings have been mostly misses. Roscoe looked a bombscare today. Doolan hasn’t done anything to make me think he’ll score 20 + goals a season. Frank Ross, why sign him to have him on the bench constantly?Stephen Kelly seems the pick of the new signings so far
we definitely missed Geggan today and wouldn’t have been all at sea at corners if Jamie Adams was fit 

McCall has already said Ross isn’t fully fit yet.

Image result for inbetweeners gif

I thought when I saw the team, we are trying out something different against a lower league team we should beat, McCowan out wide, Ferguson at right back, no Muirhead or Kerr. 

Stranraer had all of the pressure straight away, quick breakaway and it was 1-0. Stranraer had lots of the ball but did nothing with it, we defended well enough but didn't have a forward pass for the majority of the first half. They scored from two corners which will be a big problem if it is not rectified quickly. They had men over every time we went forward and we didn't look like we had a plan B. Stranraer were well organised and killed the game, stopped us playing and scored twice from set-piece. They didn't counter attack but held the ball up and applied pressure. if they had a half decent forward we would have been in real trouble today.

When Doolan went off I though, him and Moffat didn't work, then McCowan played through the middle with Moffat and it didn't work....then Forrest played.........By the time McCowan was moved through the middle his race was run. 
Doc, Murdoch and Kelly are to similar to play together. Ferguson cut back to often rather than trying to get past his man, McGuffie and Harvey did the same on the left. 

It didn't click today and hopefully it will give McCall a clearer view of what his starting formation should be. I think Doolan and Moore will be better together, McCowan is wasted out wide as is whoever from Kelly, Doc or Murdoch ends up playing on the other side. Kerr runs games and needs to set a tempo from kick-off either start him or leave him out the team. 

My thoughts on today:

Passmarks for Doohan, Kelly, Forrest & Moffat. The rest need to have a hard look at themselves. Special mention to Harvie who was horrendous, the number of balls he passed to the opposition was unreal. This is particularly worrying as he has been playing well.

Muirhead has to start as Bell and Roscoe don't work as a combo. He has his flaws but losing his man and giving free headers isn't one of them!

I'm hoping Doolan isnt fully fit yet as he looks done to be quite honest. I'm getting dejavu with Doolan and the situation with El Alagui & Harkins! 

I don't know what has been happening to Murdoch he hasn't really imposed himself on a game in the league cup.

McCall sounded very downbeat in his interview. I don't think he knows our best 11 or a system to get the best out of the players at his disposal. 

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Special mention to Harvie who was horrendous, the number of balls he passed to the opposition was unreal. This is particilarly worrying as he has been playing well.

I think that's what  makes him an easy target, sometimes his passing, even short ones, are awful, and it's an easy mistake to pick up on for fans.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think that's what  makes him an easy target, sometimes his passing, even short ones, are awful, and it's an easy mistake to pick up on for fans.

I agree, he is an easy scapegoat but games like today don't help his cause. 

I don’t get how his passing can be so be bad when his crossing is actually pretty decent.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Did anyone see the poster advertising the Open Day? If so what was the date and times? I’m sure the kids would love to go and I don’t want to miss it 

Sunday 11th August , didn’t notice time , it’s usually around midday start 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I agree, he is an easy scapegoat but games like today don't help his cause. 

Didn’t think he was that good last week either. Wasn’t bad but looked exactly the same as last season which is worrying as was expecting him to have kicked on a bit. He will need to up his game as was playing in a better defence last season and they will be under more pressure this time around  

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t get how his passing can be so be bad when his crossing is actually pretty decent.

Dunno,  maybe he panics a bit when an opposition player  is coming towards him when he has the ball  and  he's  almost trying to get rid of it as much as anything else.

I'm the 'happiest clapper' going up until now - but that's the first game i've been to this season and I really feel that we might go down.  That second half was horrific.  

If we were relying on winning today to get a striker (Doolan looks hopeless) then we are fucked.  

Part time Stranraer battered us after a midweek game.  Had a bet up at 7/1 in play that dropped from 8/1 - shouldbt happen for a big team home to a wee team!

Edited by Hursty