Jump to content
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Recommended Posts

On a happier note, I was very impressed with our new players on Saturday as Kelly looks to not only have a bit of quality and pace but can also get stuck right in. McCowan looks to have bulked up over the summer and his combination trickery and pace could be a huge bonus for us this coming season. I had to leave early so didn't see much of Doolan or Ross, however I've always liked McGuffie and I reckon that we'll cause teams plenty of problems throughout the season.

What's even more encouraging is that despite the loss of Crawford, Rose, Shankland, Smith and McDaid our style seems to be completely unaffected and if anything we're attacking with more pace and looking very dangerous on the flanks.

Great to see Doohan pulling off a world class penalty save and normal service resumed without an issue.

Ultimately Falikirk provided an excellent test which we came through (just) and that should fill us all with great confidence for what lies ahead...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of our directors, Graham Peterkin has been elected to the SPFL board for this season.

He'll fit in well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope Kelly gets a few goals and assists early on because he had the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas (I've noticed it in the last couple of games).

If he's contributing creatively then that's not a problem but I hope he doesn't cost a few goals - otherwise folk could start to get on his back.

He's certainly a dynamic young player, and something we needed in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I just hope Kelly gets a few goals and assists early on because he had the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas (I've noticed it in the last couple of games).

If he's contributing creatively then that's not a problem but I hope he doesn't cost a few goals - otherwise folk could start to get on his back.

He's certainly a dynamic young player, and something we needed in the middle.

 Kelly is a huge upgrade on Robbie . Kelly is always looking for a gap to get a shot off .

 McGuffie has improved hugely . Lets hope this is him now and he doesn't regress at all .

 McCowan is going to be a star . We'll be getting offers for him at Christmas for sure . Just need to find his best position .

 Ross , mmmm was a little underwhelmed with him . Hasn't had much of a chance yet though .

  Harvie was superb as well ,save a certain goal with a robust challenge in our box early on .

  Doohan got better as the game went on ,and along with his centre half's (who went to war for him) was a rock towards the end .

   All in all a tidy group and the next two in might just have us sorted .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of our directors, Graham Peterkin has been elected to the SPFL board for this season.

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Harvie has been our most improved/best player since February, maybe a bit early but I'd be looking at a contract extension, if he keeps improving offers will come in for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

 Kelly is a huge upgrade on Robbie . Kelly is always looking for a gap to get a shot off .

 McGuffie has improved hugely . Lets hope this is him now and he doesn't regress at all .

 McCowan is going to be a star . We'll be getting offers for him at Christmas for sure . Just need to find his best position .

 Ross , mmmm was a little underwhelmed with him . Hasn't had much of a chance yet though .

  Harvie was superb as well ,save a certain goal with a robust challenge in our box early on .

  Doohan got better as the game went on ,and along with his centre half's (who went to war for him) was a rock towards the end .

   All in all a tidy group and the next two in might just have us sorted .

A fairly accurate assessment, I'd say.  I really wanted McGuffie to stick that late chance away because he'd have got an enormous confidence boost - he definitely HAS improved though especially in the final third (chances apart!) and his goal at Berwick was well taken. I'd love it if he proves the doubters wrong. Ross Doohan is an immense signing for us and I hope the good relationship McCall has with Lennon continues ad infinitum. Kelly is a really excellent prospect and it's obvious why Gerrard wants him to get game time in a decent league  (another reason why we need to be in this league at the very least). The boy oozes potential.  McCowan is a real find and I'll leave it there because I don't want any potential suitors for him in January.  Pleased Geggan scored as I'm not his biggest fan and I just love it when players prove me wrong.  

As for the game against Falkirk, we were fortunate in the end even though their 1st goal (well taken my arse, Falkirk TV! Have you heard of deflections ffs) and their penalty was fortunate to say the least. They played some decent stuff though without looking totally convincing - but they have some good journeymen and should get promoted without much trouble.  Still think their manager is a nob which may raise question marks about their prospects. 

Onwards Ayr and let's not underestimate Stranraer please.

      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who?

My reaction as well.

Although I’ve no idea who’s actually on the board besides Lewis Grant and Mark Pettigrew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:


My reaction as well.

Although I’ve no idea who’s actually on the board besides Lewis Grant and Mark Pettigrew.

Club Secretary,  and former Depute Chief Executive of South Ayrshire Council. He was a long term season ticket holder prior to his appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Has he ploughed some cash into the club ?

No idea,  but he's been there for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very personal and intelligent man , will do a great job and will certainly put points across that need to be heard , not a yes man as far as I led to believe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedEd said:

Club Secretary,  and former Depute Chief Executive of South Ayrshire Council. He was a long term season ticket holder prior to his appointment.

Best to keep expectations low when it comes to folks at the top of SAC, I find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine supporter and  as previously said a clever shrewd man , many years season ticket holder him and his son, financial clout no, but  like other directors will do his best for Ayr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Genuine supporter and  as previously said a clever shrewd man , many years season ticket holder him and his son, financial clout no, but  like other directors will do his best for Ayr.

Oh dear, Lockwood has given him his seal of approval. Must be a wrong ‘un.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

No financial clout , oh dear .

Some people bring other attributes to the club, it's not all about bringing large amounts of money to the table. And as I have already said, he's been a director for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...