The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Will the new system cut down on the abuse of concession tickets which must cost the club thousands each year? Too many fresh faced pensioners and bearded under 16's have been robbing the club blind for years.
At our place a certain colour light shows when a concession ticket is scanned which allows the stewards to weed out the chancers.

As someone who hasn't yet used this, but is planning to this week, I have heard from people I know (posters on here) that they had a seemly experience. It may very well be a generational thing. Would people really give up going to the football if they need to walk an extra 50yards to and from the shop to buy a ticket? The more people start transferring onto the electronic system, the smaller the queue will be. As people get used to it surely they will change their habits, such as leaving the house 10 minutes earlier? 

Can away fans buy tickets via the app/website? If they can't are there plans afoot to allow them to? 
I don't think this will affect anyone who could name 5 current players. Those people are fans and they'll make adjustments (and for some, this new system will be an improvement).

It's those punters that sometimes go along but don't follow the club closely - and it's difficult to tell how many of those people there are. People go along to games for all different reasons, at all different times.

I think there's also a psychological effect though. The fear of technological change is a very real thing for some people, and if you're in two minds about going along then this could put people off.

The easiest fix is to get creative with ticket sales from 2:40 - 3:00. Twenty minutes where all hands have to be on deck.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The easiest fix is to get creative with ticket sales from 2:40 - 3:00. Twenty minutes where all hands have to be on deck.

Idea is tickets pre printed so it’s just a case of handing over money and going, thus it allows 2 people at each terminal to sell tickets rather than the one on Saturday

5 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

As someone who hasn't yet used this, but is planning to this week, I have heard from people I know (posters on here) that they had a seemly experience. It may very well be a generational thing. Would people really give up going to the football if they need to walk an extra 50yards to and from the shop to buy a ticket? The more people start transferring onto the electronic system, the smaller the queue will be. As people get used to it surely they will change their habits, such as leaving the house 10 minutes earlier? 

Can away fans buy tickets via the app/website? If they can't are there plans afoot to allow them to? 

I drive 50 miles round trip to every home game, so having to walk to the club shop prior to the match to purchase a ticket wouldn't stop ME going, however it may indeed stop some casual fans and likewise I still wouldn't say it's in any way easier or a step forward compared to walking straight up to the turnstyle and handing the 20 spot over.

Change is only good if it's an improvement and like many things in life these days (such as an app for opening your car door), I don't believe it's an improvement but then I am a bit of a cynic..........

On a happier note, I was very impressed with our new players on Saturday as Kelly looks to not only have a bit of quality and pace but can also get stuck right in. McCowan looks to have bulked up over the summer and his combination trickery and pace could be a huge bonus for us this coming season. I had to leave early so didn't see much of Doolan or Ross, however I've always liked McGuffie and I reckon that we'll cause teams plenty of problems throughout the season.

What's even more encouraging is that despite the loss of Crawford, Rose, Shankland, Smith and McDaid our style seems to be completely unaffected and if anything we're attacking with more pace and looking very dangerous on the flanks.

Great to see Doohan pulling off a world class penalty save and normal service resumed without an issue.

Ultimately Falikirk provided an excellent test which we came through (just) and that should fill us all with great confidence for what lies ahead...............

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of our directors, Graham Peterkin has been elected to the SPFL board for this season.

He'll fit in well.

I just hope Kelly gets a few goals and assists early on because he had the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas (I've noticed it in the last couple of games).

If he's contributing creatively then that's not a problem but I hope he doesn't cost a few goals - otherwise folk could start to get on his back.

He's certainly a dynamic young player, and something we needed in the middle.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I just hope Kelly gets a few goals and assists early on because he had the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas (I've noticed it in the last couple of games).

If he's contributing creatively then that's not a problem but I hope he doesn't cost a few goals - otherwise folk could start to get on his back.

He's certainly a dynamic young player, and something we needed in the middle.

Kelly is a huge upgrade on Robbie . Kelly is always looking for a gap to get a shot off .

McGuffie has improved hugely . Lets hope this is him now and he doesn't regress at all .

McCowan is going to be a star . We'll be getting offers for him at Christmas for sure . Just need to find his best position .

Ross , mmmm was a little underwhelmed with him . Hasn't had much of a chance yet though .

Harvie was superb as well ,save a certain goal with a robust challenge in our box early on .

Doohan got better as the game went on ,and along with his centre half's (who went to war for him) was a rock towards the end .

All in all a tidy group and the next two in might just have us sorted .

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Kelly is a huge upgrade on Robbie . Kelly is always looking for a gap to get a shot off .

McGuffie has improved hugely . Lets hope this is him now and he doesn't regress at all .

McCowan is going to be a star . We'll be getting offers for him at Christmas for sure . Just need to find his best position .

Ross , mmmm was a little underwhelmed with him . Hasn't had much of a chance yet though .

Harvie was superb as well ,save a certain goal with a robust challenge in our box early on .

Doohan got better as the game went on ,and along with his centre half's (who went to war for him) was a rock towards the end .

All in all a tidy group and the next two in might just have us sorted .

A fairly accurate assessment, I'd say.  I really wanted McGuffie to stick that late chance away because he'd have got an enormous confidence boost - he definitely HAS improved though especially in the final third (chances apart!) and his goal at Berwick was well taken. I'd love it if he proves the doubters wrong. Ross Doohan is an immense signing for us and I hope the good relationship McCall has with Lennon continues ad infinitum. Kelly is a really excellent prospect and it's obvious why Gerrard wants him to get game time in a decent league  (another reason why we need to be in this league at the very least). The boy oozes potential.  McCowan is a real find and I'll leave it there because I don't want any potential suitors for him in January.  Pleased Geggan scored as I'm not his biggest fan and I just love it when players prove me wrong.  

As for the game against Falkirk, we were fortunate in the end even though their 1st goal (well taken my arse, Falkirk TV! Have you heard of deflections ffs) and their penalty was fortunate to say the least. They played some decent stuff though without looking totally convincing - but they have some good journeymen and should get promoted without much trouble.  Still think their manager is a nob which may raise question marks about their prospects. 

Onwards Ayr and let's not underestimate Stranraer please.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

My reaction as well.

Although I’ve no idea who’s actually on the board besides Lewis Grant and Mark Pettigrew.

Club Secretary,  and former Depute Chief Executive of South Ayrshire Council. He was a long term season ticket holder prior to his appointment.