The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Think the number of programme sales this year could influence decision for following season , programme sales at most clubs are in decline  along with a number of clubs now providing only online and I believe there is a minimum order quantity , I do disagree as I like to keep copies of all the games I go 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:
Apparently this is the last season we're selling paper match programmes for the league games. Online only from next season. 

Don't mind the cashless tickets stuff but that is gutting, nothing better than reading the program I still have mine from the Saint Valentine's day massacre of them in 1998 the pages are stuck together because of the rain that day but I wouldn't swap it for anything.

I have this programme signed proudly in my man cave .1563738621987938113353308895561.thumb.jpg.ddc2d90e752d2ebae4514beb85d073a1.jpg

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The last time I bought a programme Airdrieonions were still a club. 

I still buy one every match home and away, it's great looking through them years later and recalling the matches / players etc that you had forgotten about.

I used to sell programmes at Somerset, many moons ago, and got me in for nothing.

Nostalgia is a great thing but can tear at the heart when things change but change they must.

The club should look at developing an app, with various levels of subscription. Think it would be easier to sell advertising on it with say, 3,000 subscribers, as opposed to 300 program sales.

Remember the fanzines??

Would there be any programmes left from Saturday's game, and if so, can you get the shop to put one aside for me (or post it out)?

I forgot to get one and probably good to keep for the wee man (to remind him of his first game).

I'll definitely make an effort to get one every game I go to this season - and hopefully the threat of it going increases sales a bit.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Would there be any programmes left from Saturday's game, and if so, can you get the shop to put one aside for me (or post it out)?

I forgot to get one and probably good to keep for the wee man (to remind him of his first game).

I'll definitely make an effort to get one every game I go to this season - and hopefully the threat of it going increases sales a bit.

There are no programmes made for the League Cup games.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Sadly they never printed any for these cup games. I was also looking for one too keep for my new born son .

Strangely enough this Kris Doolan programme signed by Stuart Bannigan is the only programme I have since about 1999, and that's just because we were in hospitality.  

Actually gutted to hear there isnt a programme for Stranraer game though as i'm taking my son to his first ever game and was definitely going to buy one as a memento.  Ah well.

20190721_233202.jpg

The club could have had volunteers out on Saturday outside the stadium asking people if they knew what they were doing and helping them, like they did at the London Olympics and the Commonwealth games. Trying to reduce frustrations and keeping things moving. 

Folk not knowing or getting confused and having to stand in a massive queue should have been expected. The assumption that all of our over 60 year old support know how to follow social media channels let alone buy a ticket online, print it out or show a QR code on a phone is a pretty big one. 

It is the way forward but there has to be an understanding that, for a Scottish football club, we cant leave fans behind because of technical advancement.

The game its self was a decent match, Falkirk will probably be better than 30% of the teams in the league. A fairly robust team that will match the physical side of league 1 with a couple of decent footballers as well. Ayr got loads of space behind the fullbacks which we got both the goals from. 

Kelly looks like a good capture, very good on the ball, tired towards the end and will probably be inconsistent over the weeks and months but definitely a player there. McCowan has scored more than Shankland in as many games, here's hoping he keeps that up. Hard to make a call on Doolan, didn't have much to do but looks like the type of player that would link up well with Moore.   

Whilst cashless turnstiles is the way forward having chatted to a couple of supporters of other clubs already involved, the feeling was that it brings no real overall improvement to the fans. In particular Hamilton was mentioned as a place where this doesn’t run well for away fans and they just don’t bother going  anymore 

If only their was a negativity and or moaning championship...... Ayr fans on here would win hands down....... Jesus never happy...... Wasn't long ago we were getting pumped in league one and almost relegated... Cheer up and be more positive 
This isn't just general moaning or negativity though.

It's criticism of a very specific decision, for very specific reasons. It was predictable before Saturday and it came to pass.

Yes it will gradually get better but my worry is that a lot of our older/more vulnerable fans will drift away. At the same time away fans might be put off returning if they have a shit experience with a big queue.

This is a very real concern, and one that has a financial consequence on the club.

Totally agree  with Pandarilla it could and should have been handled much better and a number of people have suggested fixes , which is very helpful and I believe a few will be taken  into consideration for this weekend

Edited by Robbo63

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Totally agree  with Pandarilla it could and should have been handled much better and a number of people have suggested fixes , which is very helpful and I believe a few will be taken  into consideration for this weekend

As someone who hasn't yet used this, but is planning to this week, I have heard from people I know (posters on here) that they had a seemly experience. It may very well be a generational thing. Would people really give up going to the football if they need to walk an extra 50yards to and from the shop to buy a ticket? The more people start transferring onto the electronic system, the smaller the queue will be. As people get used to it surely they will change their habits, such as leaving the house 10 minutes earlier? 

Can away fans buy tickets via the app/website? If they can't are there plans afoot to allow them to? 

As someone who hasn't yet used this, but is planning to this week, I have heard from people I know (posters on here) that they had a seemly experience. It may very well be a generational thing. Would people really give up going to the football if they need to walk an extra 50yards to and from the shop to buy a ticket? The more people start transferring onto the electronic system, the smaller the queue will be. As people get used to it surely they will change their habits, such as leaving the house 10 minutes earlier? 

Can away fans buy tickets via the app/website? If they can't are there plans afoot to allow them to? 

For the Falkirk game, their social media had a link to buying tickets online.

Like all new systems it’ll require patience and a bit of getting used to.