The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Interesting that McCall said we were after 2 players that went to Falkirk in the summer. I would imagine Doyle might’ve been one of them.

Wonder if McCall has a particular guy in mind from down south or if he’ll wait and see if he’s offered anyone after the League Cup.

I would imagine Telfer might have been the other.

I think the couple of the main issues we have with this ticket system is that for one there's quite a large band of older supporters who probably aren't tech savvy to buy before going to the match.

Also we lack the infrastructure to sell the tickets from somewhere big enough, the shop and admin office next door simply aren't big enough.

Could the club not have a couple of pop up tickets kiosks on that gravel bit at the corner across from the SRE terraces where the Somerset boab donation thing used to sit. Just a suggestion.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I think the couple of the main issues we have with this ticket system is that for one there's quite a large band of older supporters who probably aren't tech savvy to buy before going to the match.

Also we lack the infrastructure to sell the tickets from somewhere big enough, the shop and admin office next door simply aren't big enough.

Could the club not have a couple of pop up tickets kiosks on that gravel bit at the corner across from the SRE terraces where the Somerset boab donation thing used to sit. Just a suggestion.

I'd say I'm one of those older dudes ,but I have no problem buying tickets for Glasgow Warriors , Edinburgh Playhouse ,Ryanair etc etc . Ayr's system is a dog . However I have no problem going to the shop and buying my tickets . I got my Stranraer and Falkirk tickets 10 days ago . That's the way I'll do it from now on . Also its a great idea fro birthday and Christmas gifts  ! Buy a bunch of tickets and stick them in cards . Bosh the club has a bunch of cash way in advance of the fixtures . Would have to say though the site of two bus loads of Falkirk fans standing in line at that ticket hut didn't tick the box . The Jags will bring 1,500 down and a better way will need to be found . I'd say send them 1,500 ticket up to Glasgow well in advance of match day .

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I'd say I'm one of those older dudes ,but I have no problem buying tickets for Glasgow Warriors , Edinburgh Playhouse ,Ryanair etc etc . Ayr's system is a dog . However I have no problem going to the shop and buying my tickets . I got my Stranraer and Falkirk tickets 10 days ago . That's the way I'll do it from now on . Also its a great idea fro birthday and Christmas gifts  ! Buy a bunch of tickets and stick them in cards . Bosh the club has a bunch of cash way in advance of the fixtures . Would have to say though the site of two bus loads of Falkirk fans standing in line at that ticket hut didn't tick the box . The Jags will bring 1,500 down and a better way will need to be found . I'd say send them 1,500 ticket up to Glasgow well in advance of match day .

I’m sure most fans will now see they can be bought online during the their bus journey/train journey down. Think the full of Scottish football knows now, there can be no excuses.

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure most fans will now see they can be bought online during the their bus journey/train journey down. Think the full of Scottish football knows now, there can be no excuses.

Yep, that's right, every single Scottish football supporter certainly reads the Ayr United thread on Pie & Bovril! 🤣

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep, that's right, every signle Scottish football supporters certainly reads the Ayr United thread on Pie & Bovril! 🤣

Yes cause it’s not been advertised on social media. Not at all. 

Out of just over 600 pre paid tickets less than 30  had an issue with pdfs not arriving with purchaser ,some of this was down to purchasers email rejecting the attachment , I work that out at approx 95% of pre bought tickets were successful , it literally takes less than 3 minutes to order ticket have it sent to your email , screenshot it  and add to photos , thus when arriving at gate , the photo can be scanned for entry , some people are making it sound much more difficult , be assured lots of learnings were learned yesterday by all , club were at fault along with fans not pre buying tickets , don’t see why most fans are laying blame totally with club , my feelings are if a cash gate was left open most fans would have just queued there , when Ayr are trying to educate them to buy in advance where possible , the target I believe for pre bought tickets is around 70/80% which should be more than achievable, but unfortunately yesterday it was around 30%,some fans learned early as at full time yesterday a number of fans went to shop and purchased tickets for next week
I know you're connected to the club and that makes me even more worried after this response.

You are blaming fans for not following instructions. A small business...blaming customers for not paying the way they want them to pay.

Think about that for a wee second. We're openly self-harming.

My dad (80) went to 5 or 6 games last year without me (I'm through from Dundee on average once a month) and yesterday he told me he was done with it if he was going to have to queue at the shop beforehand.

He always waits to see how he's feeling and to see what the weather is before going along and I'm pretty sure he won't be alone in doing that.

Rangers or Celtic can afford to do this kind of thing. They have high demand for pretty much all home games but we need to be making things as easy as possible for people to come along.

Do you know why this was done wholesale rather than leaving a pay gate (or two) that Falkirk seem to have done?

I'd also like to declare that I'm usually described as a happy clapper on here. Sometimes fans get carried away and lose perspective when demanding new signings - and wrongly demand the club spend more money than it actually has.

Perspective is completely gone here.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Round "the full of Scottish football"? Seriously? How important do you think you are?

I doubt very much every Ayr United fan knew before turning up at the game yesterday. I think the number of supporters of any club outside Falkirk who are aware of it can probably be counted in double figures.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep, that's right, every single Scottish football supporter certainly reads the Ayr United thread on Pie & Bovril! 🤣

It was in both Ayr Utd and Falkirk match previews. Where else can both Ayr and the away team put the info?

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Round "the full of Scottish football"? Seriously? How important do you think you are?

I doubt very much every Ayr United fan knew before turning up at the game yesterday. I think the number of supporters of any club outside Falkirk who are aware of it can probably be counted in double figures.

There is no need for other fans to know about it until the week we play them where I would expect there own social media platforms to be making it clear. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

It was in both Ayr Utd and Falkirk match previews. Where else can both Ayr and the away team put the info?

And?

You said "The full of Scottish football knows now". Do you think "the full of Scottish football" reads the Ayr United and Falkirk match previews and their club threads on P&B? Again, seriously?

Quite apart from that, fans who use websites are very guilty of assuming everyone else does too. There are still hundreds of people who don't troll their way round messageboards and websites on their spare time. Those same people are the least likely to deal with online shopping. It's fanciful to presume everyone relevant knows something because you put it online.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There is no need for other fans to know about it until the week we play them where I would expect there own social media platforms to be making it clear. 

I acknowledge that, it's not what he said though.

And as I noted above, you can put whatever you like on social media. There will still be a large percentage of your support turn up on matchday never having seen it.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And?

You said "The full of Scottish football knows now". Do you think "the full of Scottish football" reads the Ayr United and Falkirk match previews and their club threads on P&B? Again, seriously?

Quite apart from that, fans who use websites are very guilty of assuming everyone else does too. There are still hundreds of people who don't troll their way round messageboards and websites on their spare time. Those same people are the least likely to deal with online shopping. It's fanciful to presume everyone relevant knows something because you put it online.

Reading on other teams forums, it seems that others have taken note. Also it was mentioned several times on open all mics. The word will get around. 

How do fans of clubs who don’t use social media, club websites, online forums know their fixtures etc? People will find out.

Are we seriously still on this?  No one is denying there were teething problems and that these need to be sorted out, but for away fans, this system is clearly better (when in works) than the system I’ve seen st other clubs where fans need to queue up at a ticket office then queue up again at the gate.  With this system you can buy a ticket in advance and have your ticket emailed meaning you only have to queue at the gate.  If you want to pay cash, you can queue at the ticket office and buy a ticket in the same way as other clubs in the division operate.  

Sorry to the Falkirk fans who got to be the guinea pigs, but the inconvenience was hardly the end of the world.

Edited by Mgc1910

There is nothing wrong with the model Ayr Utd have adopted for buying tickets. Same as a cinema or theatre. The problem is the execution. Needs to be faster and slicker next time. Hopefully after the Falkirk game lessons will be learned.

Just now, ftk said:

There is nothing wrong with the model Ayr Utd have adopted for buying tickets. Same as a cinema or theatre. The problem is the execution. Needs to be faster and slicker next time. Hopefully after the Falkirk game lessons will be learned.

Definitely.  Worth remembering that 450 Ayr fans showed up at Livingston on Tuesday with every one having to queue at a ticket office that was set up expecting about a tenth of that number.  The kick off wasn’t delayed either.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I acknowledge that, it's not what he said though.

And as I noted above, you can put whatever you like on social media. There will still be a large percentage of your support turn up on matchday never having seen it.

Totally agree with this, many people (especially the younger generation) seem to take it or granted that the entire population uses Facebook & Twitter etc, however I can assure them that this is definitely not the case.

From a personal perspective, I added the match ticket from the club website to my season ticket and this scanned without any issue yesterday, however I did notice increased queues due to there only being one turnstyle in operation at the NT which is surely a step backwards ?

I'd also say that while this works for me and isn't an issue, I can see why it is for many people and to say that this is a step forward in customer service is just nonsense as this system is in no way easier than just walking up to the ground and handing over a twenty quid note.

Let's be clear, the club is doing this to save money (which is fair enough) however for anyone to claim that it's a step forward to help our fans is completely disingenuous as far as I'm concerned........