The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh?

We're the very opposite. Ok, the turnstile itself doesn't take cash and requires a match ticket but you buy it about 10 feet to the right and ONLY for cash. That's not remotely similar to what Ayr United are advocating here. There's no technology involved in ours, it's just a way of minimising the actual sales points and cash floats required.

It's still the same principle, and paper tickets are available for people without the ticket account. They have been on sale at Somerset since last week and will continue to be. As it happens I was able to buy a ticket for the December game at Palmerston at our club shop.

The biggest difference is that your turnstile operators don't scan the tickets, but they are still cashless. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s the way forward , eventually grounds  will be a cash free zone , may as well get onboard sooner rather than later 

I suppose the question is how many strikers or right backs could we have signed instead of barcodes and QR for entertainment? 

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I suppose the question is how many strikers or right backs could we have signed instead of barcodes and QR for entertainment? 

None , as it does not cost anymore to the club than the printing of 1600 season ticket books , even though I know you are being sarcastic 😁

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh?

We're the very opposite. Ok, the turnstile itself doesn't take cash and requires a match ticket but you buy it about 10 feet to the right and ONLY for cash. That's not remotely similar to what Ayr United are advocating here. There's no technology involved in ours, it's just a way of minimising the actual sales points and cash floats required.

That's very similar to ours, the only difference being that the ticket you buy has a bar code that is scanned at the turnstile. 

Fucking comedy gold HAHAHA, probably even more embarrassing than us losing talbot considering that tonight was on the big European spectacle. Big European trip that couldn't even get out of fucking Britain, love it. Never know might be in the championship with us this time next year.