The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

I would have hoped for some coverage of the new scheme in the local press explaining how it will work. This would surely get to the demographic that everyone on here are concerned about. I haven't seen this week's Post so apologies if there has been.

In the meantime let's give our silver surfers some credit and save the moans for IF it's a disaster!

Only thing of note in the Post this week is a mention of a Q&A with McCall at tomorrow nights shirt raffle draw

19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

For starters I remember when other teams started this and the system could crashed. If there is still a cash gate then it allows access of sorts. Also I predict for the first few weeks everybody will still pile up at the last minute. There will be queues at new the ticket point plus turnstiles. If I hadn’t read about it on here I would never have known. This is actually a massive change of practice and whilst it may seem minor to some, many of our support won’t be like that. Rather than everyone learning the system at once having a medium approach would make it smoother 

There is still the option for all gates to go to cash if any major issue arose , plenty of plans in place to make it as smooth as possible , with technology there is always a worry that new system don’t always perform as planned 

22 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

For starters I remember when other teams started this and the system could crashed. If there is still a cash gate then it allows access of sorts. Also I predict for the first few weeks everybody will still pile up at the last minute. There will be queues at new the ticket point plus turnstiles. If I hadn’t read about it on here I would never have known. This is actually a massive change of practice and whilst it may seem minor to some, many of our support won’t be like that. Rather than everyone learning the system at once having a medium approach would make it smoother 

Agree there could have been a lot more in local press as well as social media ,  an  idiots guide on how to purchase tickets both on line and  instore would also have been beneficial 

Proof, if ever proof was needed, that Ayr fans love a moan. We are hardly the first club to have cashless turnstiles and we have already had a taste of it since Dunfermline, Inverness, Ross Co and QoS are all cashless for away fans at least.

It's hardly as though there is no cash option, just that you don't hand your money over at the turnstile any more.

Edited by RedEd

I'm a bit late to this party as I've been away, however I have my season ticket card in my possession (someone picked it up from the club shop for me), so is it just a case of me turning up at the turnstiles for the league games and scanning the card on a reader to gain entry ? but for the cup games I need to login to the site and add a cup matchday ticket using my season ticket details ?

Any help would be much appreciated !!

I'm a bit late to this party as I've been away, however I have my season ticket card in my possession (someone picked it up from the club shop for me), so is it just a case of me turning up at the turnstiles for the league games and scanning the card on a reader to gain entry ? but for the cup games I need to login to the site and add a cup matchday ticket using my season ticket details ?

Yeah so for season tickets you just use the card provided.

For cup games or one off matches either print the ticket off that was emailed to you or save it on your phone and bring it to the game that way.

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Wattoo, yes it is as easy as that ( operators will scan your ticket at turnstile) when purchasing tickets to be added to your season ticket go through total tickets website , you would have got an email with a link to it when season ticket was bought , it’s your email address with the random password ( a host of letters and numbers) which you can change as soon as you sign in 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah so for season tickets you just use the card provided.

For cup games or one off matches either print the ticket off that was emailed to you or save it on your phone and bring it to the game that way.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Wattoo, yes it is as easy as that ( operators will scan your ticket at turnstile) when purchasing tickets to be added to your season ticket go through total tickets website , you would have got an email with a link to it when season ticket was bought , it’s your email address with the random password ( a host of letters and numbers) which you can change as soon as you sign in 

Excellent, cheers guys.

29 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Robbo, I have received an email confirmation of my ticket purchase but there is no attachment, I've checked spam but it has not gone there.

I've emailed the club and left a message on ticket office answerphone, but I've not had a reply, any ideas? 

I think the big thing re: the ticketing will be getting the word out, and eventually the majority of folk will get into the habit of buying in advance which as a result will mean less issue with queues on the day for those who prefer not to / decide at the last minute.  For bigger games you tend to queue for a few mins at the turnstyles anyway.

Can see it being chaos at first though as a lot of people wont know about it until they get there.  I was speaking to my dad last night for example and he hadnt realised there was a change, as he doesnt follow the Facebook or Twitter pages and hadn't been down for his season ticket yet.  

I've never quite understood the logic as the only time ive had to do it was away to Ross County, and on that occasion I turned up at the usual time just before KO and paid cash, exactly the same as I expected but just at a booth 20 yards or so away from the turnstyle haha. 

Edit:  i do think the term 'cashless' adds confusion as it's not technically the case, as you can still turn up on the day with your £18 in cash but just have to pay at the shop rather than the gate (assuming i've picked it up right) ?

Edited by Hursty

26 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I think the big thing re: the ticketing will be getting the word out, and eventually the majority of folk will get into the habit of buying in advance which as a result will mean less issue with queues on the day for those who prefer not to / decide at the last minute.  For bigger games you tend to queue for a few mins at the turnstyles anyway.

Can see it being chaos at first though as a lot of people wont know about it until they get there.  I was speaking to my dad last night for example and he hadnt realised there was a change, as he doesnt follow the Facebook or Twitter pages and hadn't been down for his season ticket yet.  

I've never quite understood the logic as the only time ive had to do it was away to Ross County, and on that occasion I turned up at the usual time just before KO and paid cash, exactly the same as I expected but just at a booth 20 yards or so away from the turnstyle haha. 

Edit:  i do think the term 'cashless' adds confusion as it's not technically the case, as you can still turn up on the day with your £18 in cash but just have to pay at the shop rather than the gate (assuming i've picked it up right) ?

QoTS , ICT in play off and 1 game against Dunfermline also last season 

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Proof, if ever proof was needed, that Ayr fans love a moan. We are hardly the first club to have cashless turnstiles and we have already had a taste of it since Dunfermline, Inverness, Ross Co and QoS are all cashless for away fans at least.

It's hardly as though there is no cash option, just that you don't hand your money over at the turnstile any more.

Eh?

We're the very opposite. Ok, the turnstile itself doesn't take cash and requires a match ticket but you buy it about 10 feet to the right and ONLY for cash. That's not remotely similar to what Ayr United are advocating here. There's no technology involved in ours, it's just a way of minimising the actual sales points and cash floats required.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh?

We're the very opposite. Ok, the turnstile itself doesn't take cash and requires a match ticket but you buy it about 10 feet to the right and ONLY for cash. That's not remotely similar to what Ayr United are advocating here. There's no technology involved in ours, it's just a way of minimising the actual sales points and cash floats required.

We still have this option available, so were not cashless either - its just we have the option to buy online and get a code scanned on your phone at the turnstile if you want

Just now, honestly united said:

We still have this option available, so were not cashless either - its just we have the option to buy online and get a code scanned on your phone at the turnstile if you want

Well yes, I appreciate that, but the point is Ayr are using scanners, QR Codes, mobile phones, e-ticketing, etc in tandem, especially for home fans. It's somewhat of a reach to compare it to us selling an entry voucher which isn't even bar coded, for cash only, 10 feet from the turnstile.

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

QoTS , ICT in play off and 1 game against Dunfermline also last season 

Ha - I take it the Dunfermline game was the one in March?  Had a wee day out in Dunfermline before that one so don't actually remember the details of paying in....but now I think about it I do have an actual printed match ticket which makes sense!

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

@Robbo63 I’ve ordered a ticket and got two emails one from sales@ayrunited.co.uk and one from shopper@worldpay.com. Which one is it I need? 

FW, there should be a zip attachment at bottom of Ayr United mail , if you don’t have it please send me a mail to robertsong008@gmail.com ASAP ( as on holiday and limited WiFi) with the email address you used to order ticket and the reference  number and I will get total tickets to resend pdf 

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well yes, I appreciate that, but the point is Ayr are using scanners, QR Codes, mobile phones, e-ticketing, etc in tandem, especially for home fans. It's somewhat of a reach to compare it to us selling an entry voucher which isn't even bar coded, for cash only, 10 feet from the turnstile.

It’s the way forward , eventually grounds  will be a cash free zone , may as well get onboard sooner rather than later 

55 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

FW, there should be a zip attachment at bottom of Ayr United mail , if you don’t have it please send me a mail to robertsong008@gmail.com ASAP ( as on holiday and limited WiFi) with the email address you used to order ticket and the reference  number and I will get total tickets to resend pdf 

Have emailed you.