The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

59 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

All because we cant afford half a dozen turnstile operators on wan n wumpence for an hour on matchday .

Well that’s just made up since they still need operators at turnstiles. It’s not about saving money off of operators, it’s about running the operation as close to cashless as possible.

So if there’s ever been an issue with the technology, we should stick to cash?
Should we go back to bartering as well to keep the old boys happy? Start trading mutton for entry to the game?
What are you talking about?

It's been run like that forever. No-one is suggesting regressing to an ancient system.

I'll say it again, I don't mind the new system as long as there no ridiculous queues for old guys who just want to go along and watch Ayr when they're feeling up to it and when the weather is dry.

The staff have to be visible, loud, and sure of what's going on. And the queue has to go down quickly. No-one will complain if they're in a queue for a few minutes at the club shop before going to the turnstiles.

But last night two very stressed women were openly handling cash with no barrier (keeping it in an old margarine tub). It was embarrassing - and far from secure!

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I'll say it again, I don't mind the new system as long as there no ridiculous queues for old guys who just want to go along and watch Ayr when they're feeling up to it and when the weather is dry.

Every club has fans of this description and many run cashless turnstiles. The old guys seem to manage.

16 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Most clubs in the country do this now and more are moving toward it , unfortunately technology is taking over the world and we need to move with the times , we can’t always live in the past , wouldn’t say that most people don’t want it , most people I have spoken to purchasing season tickets say it’s a great way forward 

Most clubs in the country? Really?

Most full time clubs maybe, though we certainly don't and I don't think either of the Highland clubs do either. I don't suppose Livingston are cashless either. I know Morton tried it and had endless problems though it may be working now (??). Falkirk do it but retain a cash gate also. As do Dunfermline I think.

In reality no more than about a dozen or so clubs do it, most of whom are top division.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

A solution without a problem.

How many times has money been robbed in the last five years? Or ten years for that matter?

I doubt Ayr are going to come out and announce on a weekly basis that the gate didn't balance by £112 one week, £96 the next week, etc. Cash goes missing where cash is involved. Such is the way of the world. It's not even necessarily theft, it will often be wrong change or cash dropping on a floor somewhere.

I've every sympathy for the notion that trying to minimise the amount of cash taken on matchday will make life easier for everyone. Fair play to Ayr for trying it. There does need to be some consideration and allowance for the fact not everyone uses smart phones and internet though, particularly people over retirement age. But even below that there are lots of people who still don't.

Going by the utter non-sensical chat on here about match tickets and seasons and Pdfs and download this and QR codes scan on your phone chrome browsers and e-mails and spam folders and dropbox folders and margarine tubs etc absolute ridiculous attempts for a match ticket . But we ken what were dain hahaha

Wait , get me a zip file [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Going by the utter non-sensical chat on here about match tickets and seasons and Pdfs and download this and QR codes scan on your phone chrome browsers and e-mails and spam folders and dropbox folders and margarine tubs etc absolute ridiculous attempts for a match ticket . But we ken what were dain hahaha
Wait , get me a zip file [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Feel free to not bother going to matches anymore then.

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Could they not run a hybrid system for a period of time so that everybody becames aware of the system and it gradually beds in? 

They should have had it set It up for the Ayr Utd open day, so people can order their free tickets online. Then our fans can use then to gain entry to tge open day. Like a free live test of the system and also for the fans to get used to it.

f**k sake d'jaffo, that can't be your response. Surely not.

Move with the times or f**k off? Surely not.

No, it’s my response to this particular troll.

I don’t wish us to lose the older generation of fans but they manage it at other clubs so I don’t see it being as big an issue as some are making it out to be.

I would have hoped for some coverage of the new scheme in the local press explaining how it will work. This would surely get to the demographic that everyone on here are concerned about. I haven't seen this week's Post so apologies if there has been.

In the meantime let's give our silver surfers some credit and save the moans for IF it's a disaster!

Someone that disagrees and questions the working of the club is now called a troll . Dummy spat clean oot boohoo . Well don’t go to the games then . Kinda reply i expect from the unofficial leader of the pack mind yi . Grow up .

Someone that disagrees and questions the working of the club is now called a troll . Dummy spat clean oot boohoo . Well don’t go to the games then . Kinda reply i expect from the unofficial leader of the pack mind yi . Grow up .

Anymore of that and I’ll tell ma best pal Lachlan to ban you from Somerset.

I'm surprised to see the away turnstiles are cashless aswell, thought it would have made more sense for them to remain cash turnstiles. Can't imagine many Falkirk fans for Saturday buying before they turn up

1 hour ago, Sludden123 said:

They should have had it set It up for the Ayr Utd open day, so people can order their free tickets online. Then our fans can use then to gain entry to tge open day. Like a free live test of the system and also for the fans to get used to it.

That would have been a good idea. Would also like to have it where one gate remains cash for a while. Granted there will be longer queues but fans then have the option of waiting longer or going to the ticket office .Once the system is proven and most fans are aware then they could withdraw the cash gate. Hopefully as it’s now holiday time there might be a bit of slack so that a lot of problems are sorted properly for the first game of the league

45 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm surprised to see the away turnstiles are cashless aswell, thought it would have made more sense for them to remain cash turnstiles. Can't imagine many Falkirk fans for Saturday buying before they turn up

Well advertised on Falkirk and Stranraer  wed sites ( also ALL championship teams are making their fans aware that this is the process ) advising fans to buy tickets before turning up , only difference if the don’t is they hand their money over at a kiosk and receive  a ticket rather than hand money to a turnstile operator , after first couple of games people will understand to buy tickets on line or in shop (if local to Ayr  ,you can buy approx 4/5 games at the one time also ) to speed up their entry to ground 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

That would have been a good idea. Would also like to have it where one gate remains cash for a while. Granted there will be longer queues but fans then have the option of waiting longer or going to the ticket office .Once the system is proven and most fans are aware then they could withdraw the cash gate. Hopefully as it’s now holiday time there might be a bit of slack so that a lot of problems are sorted properly for the first game of the league

Why would you want a cash gate when you can walk to shop about 30 seconds away and purchase a ticket and get used to the system rather than delay the process that’s the way ahead ?

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Why would you want a cash gate when you can walk to shop about 30 seconds away and purchase a ticket and get used to the system rather than delay the process that’s the way ahead ?

For starters I remember when other teams started this and the system could crashed. If there is still a cash gate then it allows access of sorts. Also I predict for the first few weeks everybody will still pile up at the last minute. There will be queues at new the ticket point plus turnstiles. If I hadn’t read about it on here I would never have known. This is actually a massive change of practice and whilst it may seem minor to some, many of our support won’t be like that. Rather than everyone learning the system at once having a medium approach would make it smoother