The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Though we looked good 2nd half last night. Forrest looked fit and back on form loved him bodying Crawford, McCowan again impressed and Doc looked as if he had a good game positive signs for the rest of the group and league ahead, gutting that if Feguson had left the ball for their winner that Bell would likely have had a easy goal line clearance but that's football.

When this was first raised someone put up a good post that detailed the clear benefits. I can’t remember them all but main one is complete removal of any money being lost as happens with cash.
A solution without a problem.

How many times has money been robbed in the last five years? Or ten years for that matter?

I'm not intending to buy online but would I need email set-up on my phone for it to work?

I don't check any emails on my phone as I'd rather not have work hanging over me all the time.

As for moving with the times, it's always the older generation or vulnerable people that take the brunt with these things. We're adding complexity for no clear benefit.

And just because other clubs do is a shit reason (and quite ironic when we're considering Somerset park).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

How many times has money been robbed in the last five years? Or ten years for that matter?

There is a problem. I’m not talking about intentional theft, but plenty of different reasons that cash at the gate cost the club money. A couple of examples being someone who should be an adult getting in as a concession by turning up and paying in cash, or money being misplaced/lost as collecting up literally thousands of pounds every Saturday at each turnstile and waiting to then take it to the bank on a Monday is a crazy way to operate a business now.

Sorry if it inconveniences the older generation, but it’s a good move by the club and there is valid reasoning for it.

After several failed attempts on a Microsoft browser earlier in the week I managed to order tickets for both games on my old dear's Chrome browser, however I forgot to login so I've got an email with both games ordered but no zip file attachment which came with the season ticket email. Knew I shouldn't have done this late at night!

With a steely determination I am going to hold onto my old Microsoft mobile come what may...

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing you don’t have to actually print them off and scan just scan them off your phone?

I’ve saved my Betfred tickets on a Dropbox folder.

That’s correct , QR code can be scanned from your phone 

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'm not intending to buy online but would I need email set-up on my phone for it to work?

I don't check any emails on my phone as I'd rather not have work hanging over me all the time.

As for moving with the times, it's always the older generation or vulnerable people that take the brunt with these things. We're adding complexity for no clear benefit.

And just because other clubs do is a shit reason (and quite ironic when we're considering Somerset park).

Yes you would need mail set up on phone , but for the older guys who are not computer literate or don’t want to change with the times , all they do is go into shop and buy a ticket , takes about 10 seconds to order and pay 

21 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

After several failed attempts on a Microsoft browser earlier in the week I managed to order tickets for both games on my old dear's Chrome browser, however I forgot to login so I've got an email with both games ordered but no zip file attachment which came with the season ticket email. Knew I shouldn't have done this late at night!

With a steely determination I am going to hold onto my old Microsoft mobile come what may...

If you contact the shop they can arrange for the zip files to be resent to you 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

If you contact the shop they can arrange for the zip files to be resent to you 

Cheers, I replied asking for an attachment. Don't think anything was going into the spam folder. I wonder if it was because I ordered the two games together as I had seen that some folk had ordered the games separately.

I say best getting these gremlins ironed out with shitey games v Grangemouth diddies before our glorious league campaign 😁

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It’s not about being robbed , with a great number of people buying on line the money is going directly into bank , not easy having 1person counting money coming from 10 different gates amounting to over £20,000 every home game , then having to put into safes then someone to take money to the bank after the weekend or await collect from G4( at a cost )

Edited by Robbo63

Am I not right in think this move was one of a few planned in preparation for potentially playing in the Premiership?

Playing in that league against the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Killie would’ve been all ticket anyway and most FT teams now operate on a no cash at the turnstile basis.

We can’t keep operating like a PT team.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-fans-raging-over-online-chaos-while-purchasing-tickets-for-scottish-cup-final-against-celtic-1-4915537

Because there are never any f**k-ups when technology is involved.

As long as there are enough staff at the key time on Saturdays. Last night was ridiculous.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It's a requirement in the top league, club getting themselves ready.  

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-fans-raging-over-online-chaos-while-purchasing-tickets-for-scottish-cup-final-against-celtic-1-4915537

As long as there are enough staff at the key time on Saturdays. Last night was ridiculous.

Last night was poor as Livingston did not prepare for the amount of fans Ayr reported to be attending which was approx 400 , I spoke to the guy at Livingston and he reckoned that Ayr would bring no more than 200 and planned for that , as for technology there is always a chance if it going down 

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Pretty sure a QR code works even if you screenshot  it and send it to your phone.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

So if there’s ever been an issue with the technology, we should stick to cash?

Should we go back to bartering as well to keep the old boys happy? Start trading mutton for entry to the game?

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So if there’s ever been an issue with the technology, we should stick to cash?

Should we go back to bartering as well to keep the old boys happy? Start trading mutton for entry to the game?

Could they not run a hybrid system for a period of time so that everybody becames aware of the system and it gradually beds in?