The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Based on the highlights we were gubbed  in the first half and should have been down by three even Robbie looked decent

Second half with the changes a lot better but didn’t see any glaring misses just half chances, second goal was a Catologue of things , Harvie being wrong side to start with stop the cross and nothing happens , keeper too far out stay on your line,  and two players behind  the keeper all making a hash of it

Based on the highlights we were gubbed  in the first half and should have been down by three even Robbie looked decent
Second half with the changes a lot better but didn’t see any glaring misses just half chances, second goal was a Catologue of things , Harvie being wrong side to start with stop the cross and nothing happens , keeper too far out stay on your line,  and two players behind  the keeper all making a hash of it

It was Bell that should’ve been stopping the cross, not Harvie.

Thanks. I suspect  it'll be chaos Saturday with folk lining  up to get a ticket just before  kick off.
I hope Ayr have enough staff on then. If they're not going to leave one turnstile for paying in with cash then they need to prepare for big queues.

Last night was fucking daft. Poor decision making is not helping anyone in Scottish football.

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I hope Ayr have enough staff on then. If they're not going to leave one turnstile for paying in with cash then they need to prepare for big queues.

Last night was fucking daft. Poor decision making is not helping anyone in Scottish football.

No gates will be taking money , 3 staff selling tickets , do the easy thing and buy it on your phone if you don’t want to queue , don’t understand why a lot of people wait to last minute to buy things that have been on sale for nearly three weeks in shop and even on line for those who can’t make shop , as for club preparing for big queues it’s the people who don’t buy in advance who need to prepare for big queues , club have done everything they could to make it easy to purchase ticket before arriving 

Edited by Robbo63

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See the club are looking for turnstile operators which I was a bit confused by considering we've just gone cashless

Turnstile   operators will scan tickets , exactly what happened last night and happens in most premier league grounds 

Edited by Robbo63

38 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thanks. I suspect  it'll be chaos Saturday with folk lining  up to get a ticket just before  kick off.

Only if they don’t buy through shop or online before then , many people have used their head and done this already 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Only if they don’t buy through shop or online before then , many people have used their head and done this already 

I know what you are saying but not everyone will have access to internet .some fans may be waiting too see what the weather's like on sat before heading along.some fans may not even know about the new ticket system. I think it may take a while too get running smoothly. 

Why is the club forcing fans to do something that many don't want to do though? That's the insane element.

I have no problem with the e-ticket system but forcing it upon everyone (or face a fifteen minute queue like last night) is just bad for business.

Plenty of older guys will do what they normally do, and now they're being put out - and it's for no clear benefit.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why is the club forcing fans to do something that many don't want to do though? That's the insane element.

I have no problem with the e-ticket system but forcing it upon everyone (or face a fifteen minute queue like last night) is just bad for business.

Plenty of older guys will do what they normally do, and now they're being put out - and it's for no clear benefit.

Most clubs in the country do this now and more are moving toward it , unfortunately technology is taking over the world and we need to move with the times , we can’t always live in the past , wouldn’t say that most people don’t want it , most people I have spoken to purchasing season tickets say it’s a great way forward 

Edited by Robbo63

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

When this was first raised someone put up a good post that detailed the clear benefits. I can’t remember them all but main one is complete removal of any money being lost as happens with cash.

Reckon it will be chaos for a few weeks until people learn the hard way and it settles down. Will be making sure I buy a ticket in advance as a large chunk of the crowd arrives between 2.55 and kick most home games. Hopefully the club will have anticipated this and have extra staff on for the first while 

@Robbo63I bought my season ticket when they were first available. When I buy a ticket for the Falkirk game does it go onto my season ticket card automatically or do I need to show a qr code on my phone?

Also, it strikes me we should have an app for tickets, the website feels a bit clunky for purchases.

Just now, Trogdor said:

@Robbo63I bought my season ticket when they were first available. When I buy a ticket for the Falkirk game does it go onto my season ticket card automatically or do I need to show a qr code on my phone?

Also, it strikes me we should have an app for tickets, the website feels a bit clunky for purchases.

You get an email with a .pdf (mine did not have it and I emailed the club, they sorted it v quickly).  

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If you order it through your tickets account ( the link you got via email after purchasing season ticket ) it automatically goes into your season ticket or as itzdrk says you also get a copy of qr code via mail to your phone which can be scanned from your phone 

Edited by Robbo63

44 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Reckon it will be chaos for a few weeks until people learn the hard way and it settles down. Will be making sure I buy a ticket in advance as a large chunk of the crowd arrives between 2.55 and kick most home games. Hopefully the club will have anticipated this and have extra staff on for the first while 

I believe we have it under control, but like everything else if 100  people turn up at 2.55 i can’t see many of them seeing kick off , 3 kiosks for home fans to purchase tickets , Away fans tickets from a separate source