D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

"The best pool of midfielders in the championship"

Based on one win against a Lowland League side and what else exactly?

Murdoch was outstanding last season and very unlucky not to make the championship team of the year, Mark Kerr even at 37 makes the game look easy, Docharty on his game one of the best midfielders in the championship see the one nil victory against Dundee United at Somerset last season he ran the show, Forrest before a season ending injury last season was as much the reason we were top of the league as any one, McGuffie has all the natural talent in the world a performance like yesterday even against Berwick will give him confidence to kick on, McCowan even this early into his Ayr career was arguably our best player in the last 4 games last season and has started very well this season he could be very very good player from what we have seen, Frank Ross and Stephen Kelly both very highly rated at their respective clubs both their parent club managers were not bad midfielders so I think they might know what they are talking about and could make a big impact for us, yeah your correct we played weak opposition yesterday but I stand by my point I wouldn't swap them for any other midfield in the championship.

Dundees three of Byrne, Ness and McGowan is the strongest in the championship atm. Also reasonably balanced with wide men McDaid and Todd, that's the best in the championship I reckon. 

BetFred games don't give much away with regards to how the season will pan out, the fact that McGuffie apparently now has all the natural talent in the world yet he couldn't break into a stinking Raith side shows that. 

Dundees three of Byrne, Ness and McGowan is the strongest in the championship atm. Also reasonably balanced with wide men McDaid and Todd, that's the best in the championship I reckon. 
BetFred games don't give much away with regards to how the season will pan out, the fact that McGuffie apparently now has all the natural talent in the world yet he couldn't break into a stinking Raith side shows that. 
Tbf both McCall & McGlynn have said that about him, although it's obviously based on watching him in training. Hasn't been able to show it consistently in matches and he's getting to the stage where he really has to start.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

the fact that McGuffie apparently now has all the natural talent in the world yet he couldn't break into a stinking Raith side shows that. 

Well he indeed does have natural talent, however even in his couple of seasons fighting for a place in the Ayr first team he's been so inconsistent

From scoring an absolute worldie against Hibs in the cup to being an empty jersey against teams like Peterhead...he's got the ability, just needs to be able to harness it

Best midfield in the league 😂

Will remember this when we can't get the ball off Arbroath in a 1-0 defeat late in the year.

Some might say we have just went through a cost cutting exercise that leaves us a pale shadow of a successful team last season. Others think we now have the best midfield in the league and have upgraded in key positions. Gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out when the proper action starts 

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah but was that our strongest eleven two years ago?

I would say it has potential to be the best or one of the best in the league. However all players must live up to their potential, teams like Dundee Dundee Utdand Inverness. However at present, I would say our midfield is better than the rest of the division. Quite a few like Partick and QOS look like they need to add so we’ll know a lot more come 3rd August.

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Some might say we have just went through a cost cutting exercise that leaves us a pale shadow of a successful team last season. Others think we now have the best midfield in the league and have upgraded in key positions. Gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out when the proper action starts 

Our midfield was where we struggled last year. Lack of creativity and goals/assists from there where as we weren’t conceding that much and scored many. I definitely think our midfield has improved, defence will be weaker without Smith and Rose and we will have to wait and see how the attack does without Shankland.

36 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Our midfield was where we struggled last year. Lack of creativity and goals/assists from there where as we weren’t conceding that much and scored many. I definitely think our midfield has improved, defence will be weaker without Smith and Rose and we will have to wait and see how the attack does without Shankland.

Surely the attack will be a lot weaker without Shankland. Really not sure about the midfield currently. It wasn’t too long ago McCall wasn’t a fan of getting involved in the loan market. Has Doohan changed his mind or has his hand been forced? Crawford and McDaid could be good players on their day and had potential but were  rather inconsistent. Whilst the two loan players look good on paper turning that into games still has to happen and we have had plenty of previous  to measure from. Ross is proven so if he plays well then could be a strong player but the Rangers player will have an entirely different set of expectations

29 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Watched your game on Saturday 

you appear to be on the small side and may struggle on set plays

Thanks to Sam Roscoe our average height is 6 ft 3

46 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Surely the attack will be a lot weaker without Shankland. Really not sure about the midfield currently. It wasn’t too long ago McCall wasn’t a fan of getting involved in the loan market. Has Doohan changed his mind or has his hand been forced? Crawford and McDaid could be good players on their day and had potential but were  rather inconsistent. Whilst the two loan players look good on paper turning that into games still has to happen and we have had plenty of previous  to measure from. Ross is proven so if he plays well then could be a strong player but the Rangers player will have an entirely different set of expectations

Doolan and Moffat have scored goals at this level so between them, hoping Moore can produce on his last chance saloon and maybe still another forward, we can see them sharing Shanklsnds tally and a bit more. What we need attaining wise is the midfield to chip in, McCowan, McGuffie and Forrest in particular. 

Watched your game on Saturday 
you appear to be on the small side and may struggle on set plays

Aye we had a small team last season although I’m not sure how many goals we conceded from set pieces but it wasn’t many from memory.

We’ve probably added more height this season and ideally our new striker will bring a bit more.

Can you buy tickets up at Livingston before the game tomorrow because I see we're selling them in the club shop which is a bit weird

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can you buy tickets up at Livingston before the game tomorrow because I see we're selling them in the club shop which is a bit weird

It will be fine to buy there.  You can buy online for them but not said where we are sitting yet. 

Realised I'm free this Saturday and not the Stranraer game which I had bought a ticket for, Falkirk tickets not up to buy :lol:

It will be fine to buy there.  You can buy online for them but not said where we are sitting yet. 
Realised I'm free this Saturday and not the Stranraer game which I had bought a ticket for, Falkirk tickets not up to buy :lol:

When did you last check for Falkirk tickets? I had a problem getting them about a week ago but apparently there was a glitch that got fixed and I managed to buy them. Unless the website is fucked again which wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

When did you last check for Falkirk tickets? I had a problem getting them about a week ago but apparently there was a glitch that got fixed and I managed to buy them. Unless the website is fucked again which wouldn’t surprise me.

Right now, not there.

Right now, not there.

I’ve just looked at it seems ok.

However it appears one of the 3 seats I booked in the stand is still available to buy despite me having e-mail confirmation that I’ve got the seat booked.

How many seats are in that section we’ve been given? Looks tiny.