Jump to content
D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Recommended Posts

Old heads that’ll play . Adams , Docherty , Moore don’t play enough . Constantly injured and cant see that changing as its been going on for years now .

We need regulars on the pitch , no now and agains , is he fit is he no fit . I’ll give you Moffat , Kerr and Bell and i’ll reserve judgement on Doolan until we see him play .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Old heads that’ll play . Adams , Docherty , Moore don’t play enough . Constantly injured and cant see that changing as its been going on for years now .

We need regulars on the pitch , no now and agains , is he fit is he no fit . I’ll give you Moffat , Kerr and Bell and i’ll reserve judgement on Doolan until we see him play .

Rather than old heads it’s probably established regulars I would like to see sign. Doolan is probably closest to this category but looked out a bit out of sorts last season. The defence looks particularly fragile if Ferguson has failed to progress massively from before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Old heads that’ll play . Adams , Docherty , Moore don’t play enough . Constantly injured and cant see that changing as its been going on for years now .

We need regulars on the pitch , no now and agains , is he fit is he no fit . I’ll give you Moffat , Kerr and Bell and i’ll reserve judgement on Doolan until we see him play .

With all due respect I think some of us need a good dose of reality !!

We're a 2nd tier Scottish team with one of the smallest budgets in the league, as such I'd say we've built up both a large and pretty good quality squad given the resources at our disposal.

I also find it rather unbelievable that Doolan is more or less being written off before he's kicked a ball, even though he's been a proven performer at SPL level not so long ago.

Who do people think we should be signing if Doolan's not "proven" ?

Messi ? Ronaldo ? Iniesta back from Japan??

Edited by WATTOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doolan is probably about as proven as they come in terms of realistic targets for us.

Guys like Moffat, Kerr and Bell are all very experienced players at this level and will still have a big part to play. Even Alan Forrest has over 200 senior appearances to his name so he’ll be a good asset for us.

However aside from Doohan, I don’t think it’s wise to bring in anymore loans. That’s why we should probably wait and see what players will be allowed to leave permanently before the league gets underway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think we have a good mix of experience and young players. Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Geggan, Moffat, Doolan and Muirhead are al very experienced players.

We still need ideally three more players, GK(Doohan), Striker and a right back. I’ve heard that a deal for Dapo Medude on loan from Rangers could be close while someone on the SRE has mentioned Jack Aitchison from Celtic. I reckon we’ll only get a right back if we qualify from the league cup group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I actually think we have a good mix of experience and young players. Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Geggan, Moffat, Doolan and Muirhead are al very experienced players.

We still need ideally three more players, GK(Doohan), Striker and a right back. I’ve heard that a deal for Dapo Medude on loan from Rangers could be close while someone on the SRE has mentioned Jack Aitchison from Celtic. I reckon we’ll only get a right back if we qualify from the league cup group. 

How many loans are we allowed? If Doohan comes in and also a striker on loan that would be four loans, I would take Jack Aitchison if there is any truth to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Aitchison not more of a second striker like Moffat or McCowan? He didn’t really do anything at Alloa last season either. Mebude is more of an unknown quantity and only 17 I think which could go either way tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Aitchison not more of a second striker like Moffat or McCowan? He didn’t really do anything at Alloa last season either. Mebude is more of an unknown quantity and only 17 I think which could go either way tbh.

To be fair Mebude will be 18 in the end of the month. Aitchison hardly kicked a ball last season, i don't know if he wasn't good enough for alloa or if he was injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Doolan more than established . Hopefully he’ll play regularly .

McCall went to great lengths to get Doolan . Doolan will be our starting 9 . With Moff and McCowan rotating with the no 10 slot . So it begs the question ,what kind of striker are we chasing ? The chances are its cover for 9 so that being the case its hardly lightly to be a loan . Little point in sending some one to us ,only for him to sit on the bench watching Doolan . Could be a lower league target man or the like ,not expensive and willing to be cover .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average age of the squad is 24 but as some one said Forrest is 22 and has over 200 games under his belt I'm a big fan of if they are good enough they are old enough, if we do bring in another striker but had to be something different we have 3 or 4 that can play number 10 role now we need maybe a fox in the box type player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Average age of the squad is 24 but as some one said Forrest is 22 and has over 200 games under his belt I'm a big fan of if they are good enough they are old enough, if we do bring in another striker but had to be something different we have 3 or 4 that can play number 10 role now we need maybe a fox in the box type player

Damn, if only big Boydy hadn't hung up the boots............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're signing another forward I hope it's a big lump of a target man. We were crying out for that last season to give us a plan b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we're signing another forward I hope it's a big lump of a target man. We were crying out for that last season to give us a plan b.
What's Kevin Kyle doing nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
If we're signing another forward I hope it's a big lump of a target man. We were crying out for that last season to give us a plan b.

What's Kevin Kyle doing nowadays

On the oil rigs lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

If we're signing another forward I hope it's a big lump of a target man. We were crying out for that last season to give us a plan b.

Could not agree more

Spoiler

SportPix-IrnBruCup-STM-v-AYR-RH13112016007.jpg.8feb346af9b06a8eeac3524532b1e5e9.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...