D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Lochwood said:

anyone know if the reserves game at maybole is on tonight

Game has been switched to Marr College. 

To be fair that was under his leadership...
I’m happy with the signing. I’d rather give guys like this a go for a year than go down the route of the likes of Harkins in on big contracts. Could be a very exciting player we have on our hands and a very different option to what we currently have in midfield. A keeper (Doohan) in for the Betfred and they 4 matches will give us an indication to what we still need.
I thought that was under Roberts

6 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Very comfortable win, impressed with ecrepont and a number 8 Paul something, looked younger than the rest

Paul Smith 

Just now, ecocme said:

Paul Smith 

Of all the surnames to forget.

12 minutes ago, Iain said:

Of all the surnames to forget.

Good old smudger was a fine player.

I reckon we’ll add a goalie (wonder who that could be...) and that’ll be us until after the Betfred. Those 4 games should give McCall a better idea of what is actually needed. Plus teams in the league above will probably deem players as surplus and will be releasing them, similar to Smith at Hearts last season.

We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.
ETA: Not that friendly results mean anything...
image.png.9b6364a485f29ea12cb9600744bc7ab1.png
Yep just like Talbot in the cup was a sare yin for u so this is not your year

42 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
On 09/07/2019 at 15:57, Salem Saberhagen said:
We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.

lane kiffin roll GIF

53 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

I still get a kick out your lot celebrating like f**k when you thought you had a consolation goal against Hearts and the linesman's wee flag went up, a real reminder of the beautiful game.

5 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:57, Salem Saberhagen said:

Ah the talk is about Sevco and along comes a Junior fan. Colour me surprised.

How's the begging going for the floodlights? Manged to raise £3.50 yet for a few candles?

9 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

ali g GIF

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon we’ll add a goalie (wonder who that could be...) and that’ll be us until after the Betfred. Those 4 games should give McCall a better idea of what is actually needed. Plus teams in the league above will probably deem players as surplus and will be releasing them, similar to Smith at Hearts last season.

So do you think that there is budget still available to spend or are we waiting to see if a payout comes from the Betfred cup? Personally I think our squad looks weak and will struggle to replicate the last few seasons where we got out of the group stages. That’s fine if we still have some cash in reserve but would be concerned if it depends on a wedge coming from the cup

43 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

So do you think that there is budget still available to spend or are we waiting to see if a payout comes from the Betfred cup? Personally I think our squad looks weak and will struggle to replicate the last few seasons where we got out of the group stages. That’s fine if we still have some cash in reserve but would be concerned if it depends on a wedge coming from the cup

I reckon there will be budget left after we sign a goalie and we’ll wait till after the Betfred to see who then becomes available much like we’ve done the last few years. Current squad is more than capable to be competitive in the group. Minimum injuries would see us be comfortably top 8 in the league IMO.

Surely we won’t be paying much towards Kelly or Doohan’s wages or even Frank Ross so there’s probably still money there.

I'm already very pleased / excited about this squad we've put together.

Looking at it, we have this boy from Rangers who's basically replacing Robbie and if he lives up to anything like his "wonderkid" tag, then we could have found a cracker, we've then got Frank Ross who again looks like he could potentially be a huge upgrade on Declan McDaid and then if we add a fully fit and firing Alan Forrest, a young and exciting Luke McCowan and the two old hands of Moffat and Doolan then we could have a recipe to cause carnage in opposing teams defences once again.

Roscoe will hopefully come in and prove a worthy replacement for Rose and if we can get Doohan back then all in all I think we can look forward to the season ahead with some real optimism.

Come on the Ayr !!

Think we’ll still need a couple of old heads to help the young lads along . McCowan , Ross , Kelly , Harvie , Forrest , McGuffie and a few others , probably squad players will still need that helping hand on the pitch during games and round about them when the going gets tough , especially in that league . A couple of older experienced lads now for me and we should be ok .

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Think we’ll still need a couple of old heads to help the young lads along . McCowan , Ross , Kelly , Harvie , Forrest , McGuffie and a few others , probably squad players will still need that helping hand on the pitch during games and round about them when the going gets tough , especially in that league . A couple of older experienced lads now for me and we should be ok .

Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Moffat, Doolan, Moore all have loads of experience, but I would say our quota for “young hungry” players is reaching its maximum. Although I wouldn’t label Doohan as that, his experience last year would mean his a stable player at this level.

11 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I see Auchinleck's communal potato has managed to pick up an Internet signal.  Thanks for your intelligent input. Tatty bye then.

image.png.ba1472652ab8a7fe80603dd876ca0f85.png

Edited by Salem Saberhagen