D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

How does he, you, or anyone else know this ?

We "might" be poorer than we were at the end of last year, however at the beginning of last year we had no idea how Shankland, Doohan, Moffat or Forrest were going to perform, hence the reason we were 40/1 with bookies.

Similarly, we don't know how Doolan, McCowan, Ross, Forrest & Moffat are going to perform this season. They might all link up brilliantly and Doolan might notch 40 goals next season, we just don't know. Alternatively they might all be mince or pick up injuries we just don't know.

As you've also acknowledged, "there were more unkowns a year ago", which again I'd say backs up my argument but again I don't know.

The bottom line is that we all have our opinions and we've all got our arguments but ultimately we just don't know.............

I haven't particularly given an opinion. And yes, it's just opinions. I'm merely noting the bizarre fact that you're choosing to argue with him over phrasing semantics whilst agreeing with absolutely everything he said!

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I haven't particularly given an opinion. And yes, it's just opinions. I'm merely noting the bizarre fact that you're choosing to argue with him over phrasing semantics whilst agreeing with absolutely everything he said!

Fair enough, I do have an argumentative streak to be fair.........

He looks about 14 in  that  pic, had to look  him up (he's 19)

Edited by UpInTheAyr

7 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Got to question some of our support! Why are they so negative? I’m not an overly positive person but I’m getting sick of people moaning about how things are turning out! We are in the best position we have been in in 15 years what more do you want?

Not on here as much but au media and fab!

It's been like that for years. Our best players will always leave and our challenge is replacing them with other teams rejects or prospects.

Until we're getting considerably  more than 1500 - 2000 as a home support, what do people actually expect?

Mid table respectability surely beckons this season, there's clearly going to be a big drop off from last season. What we have in or favour is a knowledge of the league, that we're still fulltime and a year of consolidation will hurt nobody. We need to become an established Championship team with the stability that provides before anything else.

Anything else in the short term, like a playoff appearance, is a huge bonus.

No idea what to expect but a big opportunity for him.Sure at some point we'll see Steven Gerrard at Somerset, enjoying our luxurious facilities.

Spoiler

mel brooks poop GIF

Absolutely no idea what to expect from him but I’m hoping he’ll add a few goals from midfield which we didn’t really manage last season.

I had high hopes for Kevin Cawley right enough when we signed him from Celtic....................

Not sure most Rangers fans can spell their own name, let alone compile a report on a player. Will keep fingers crossed.

Might be a good signing, although just like Roscoe and Ross i have no idea what to expect.

It is good to finally see the team come together and have squad in-depth again.

Really happy with the way the squad is building now Doohan in before the weekend would be nice and then maybe a striker and right sided defender before the end of the window and we will be good to go.

This boy is a player , highly rated by Gerrard who has just given him a 2 or 3 year contract ( scored 3 against us in less than 20 mins  yesterday ), clubs sending decent players to us as they know in most cases we are getting them game time and practically all have moved onto bigger clubs or established in their parent club

Edited by Robbo63

It's good to see the top clubs trust us again with players again. It's not that long ago if the story's are true we were leaving a 17 year old Ross McCrorie in a hospital himself with no way home, got to thank McCall for rescuing our reputation.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's good to see the top clubs trust us again with players again. It's not that long ago if the story's are true we were leaving a 17 year old Ross McCrorie in a hospital himself with no way home, got to thank McCall for rescuing our reputation.

To be fair that was under his leadership...

I’m happy with the signing. I’d rather give guys like this a go for a year than go down the route of the likes of Harkins in on big contracts. Could be a very exciting player we have on our hands and a very different option to what we currently have in midfield. A keeper (Doohan) in for the Betfred and they 4 matches will give us an indication to what we still need.