The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hazard doesn’t seem like a particularly great prospect to me. For the size he is (fucking massive, btw) he doesn’t command his area at all, and his positioning is poor. His kicking is probably his best attribute, and can help the team get right up the park, but absolutely no chance he’ll make it at Celtic.

Based on my pretty limited viewing of Doohan last year, would take him over Hazard.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As superhursty has just said, Doohan appears to already be a done deal. I'm also pretty sure that the Celtic hierarchy would have been well aware that big doris was chucking it but were still happy for Doohan to return to the good guys, otherwise McCall certainly wouldn't have gone through his comedy routine in the last au media interview......

Having just listened to the interview for the first time I can honestly say that there is no chances Doohan is going anywhere other then back to Somerset.

McCall is always very candid when it comes to transfers, never gives much away so the fact he said what he did tells me it’s a done deal baring any issues like injury.

54 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Having just listened to the interview for the first time I can honestly say that there is no chances Doohan is going anywhere other then back to Somerset.

McCall is always very candid when it comes to transfers, never gives much away so the fact he said what he did tells me it’s a done deal baring any issues like injury.

Yes, 99% I'd say.

i’m a bit late to the party but Frank Ross seems like a very decent signing. Spoke to a Morton fan I know who says he was good for them and scored a last minute equaliser direct from a corner against Dundee United. 

I presume that will be us done in the wide areas till at least January. Ross, McGuffie, Forrest and Geggan can all play there. We now need a GK, RB, attacking centre mid and striker in before the league season starts. Ideally we would get another 1 or 2 in before Livingston on Tuesday.

I'm at work so cant check my phone. What is the team?

Hare-Reid

Geggan

Muirhead

Roscoe

Ferguson

McGuffie

Kerr

Murdoch

Ross

Moffat

Doolan

No idea what the bench is.

Edit: Misread AU media’s post, McCowan is playing in place of Moffat.

I keep reading from everyone that we NEED a RB, however I'd say that's one of the last positions we need to be covering as we've already got Geggan, Ferguson and Muirhead if need be, to cover that position although I know some don't rate them.

Ultimately we were never going to be able to replace Liam Smith as he's probably the best RB in the league and the chances of us finding anyone to fill his shoes are pretty unrealistic.

The fact remains that we've currently got 2 guys the wrong side of 30 as our only fit strikers and one of which is more of a link up player nowadays, this leaves us very short should we end up with injuries or suspensions, so the priority has got to be to bring in at least 1 tried and tested forward, otherwise we could quite easily find ourselves with problems or having to heap pressure on someone such as McCowan as our striking option.

Rangers 1st half team V Ayr Utd - Jak Alnwick, Jordan Houston, James Maxwell, Danny Finlayson, Rhys Breen, Jason Holt, Graham Dorrans, Jamie Murphy, Josh McPake, Eros Grezda & Joe Dodoo.

Rangers lead 1-0 at HT Jamie Murphy with the goal.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hare-Reid

Geggan

Muirhead

Roscoe

Ferguson

McGuffie

Kerr

Murdoch

Ross

Moffat

Doolan

No idea what the bench is.

Edit: Misread AU media’s post, McCowan is playing in place of Moffat.

No Harvie? Don't think he played on Saturday either.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I keep reading from everyone that we NEED a RB, however I'd say that's one of the last positions we need to be covering as we've already got Geggan, Ferguson and Muirhead if need be, to cover that position although I know some don't rate them.

Ultimately we were never going to be able to replace Liam Smith as he's probably the best RB in the league and the chances of us finding anyone to fill his shoes are pretty unrealistic.

The fact remains that we've currently got 2 guys the wrong side of 30 as our only fit strikers and one of which is more of a link up player nowadays, this leaves us very short should we end up with injuries or suspensions, so the priority has got to be to bring in at least 1 tried and tested forward, otherwise we could quite easily find ourselves with problems or having to heap pressure on someone such as McCowan as our striking option.

Geggan has missed more games than he has played and seems to have an ongoing problem with his calf and Ferguson is completely unproven at championship level.  I seem to remember a Falkirk fan advising us to never ever under any circumstance play Muirhead at right back - made it sound like feeding a Mogwai after midnight.  

18 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Rangers 1st half team V Ayr Utd - Jak Alnwick, Jordan Houston, James Maxwell, Danny Finlayson, Rhys Breen, Jason Holt, Graham Dorrans, Jamie Murphy, Josh McPake, Eros Grezda & Joe Dodoo.

Rangers lead 1-0 at HT Jamie Murphy with the goal.

Pretty strong rangers team tbh

23 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Geggan has missed more games than he has played and seems to have an ongoing problem with his calf and Ferguson is completely unproven at championship level.  I seem to remember a Falkirk fan advising us to never ever under any circumstance play Muirhead at right back - made it sound like feeding a Mogwai after midnight.  

McCall has seen fit to hand them all contracts so he obviously feels they're good enough. I get what you're saying, however I just feel we have other areas of the pitch which are more important and more concerning.

Truth being told, I don't think Docherty is proven at Championship level and then we've also got a couple of young boys from Aberdeen who may or may not be up to the task and we can add McGuffie and McCowan to that list as well.

We've also got Moore who's become injury prone and also Forrest who had this recurring back issue last season, so all in all we've got lots and lots of uncertainties all over the pitch, none more so than our goalkeeping position.

Thankfully I'm in the glass half full camp and I'm actually quite upbeat about our squad...............

I’d say the priority now is getting Doohan confirmed and another option up top. I’m happy with our options at right back tbh and if we’re going to add there I’d rather get someone that can cover CB as well as I’m not convinced with Adams and Muirhead right now.

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

McCall has seen fit to hand them all contracts so he obviously feels they're good enough. I get what you're saying, however I just feel we have other areas of the pitch which are more important and more concerning.

Truth being told, I don't think Docherty is proven at Championship level and then we've also got a couple of young boys from Aberdeen who may or may not be up to the task and we can add McGuffie and McCowan to that list as well.

We've also got Moore who's become injury prone and also Forrest who had this recurring back issue last season, so all in all we've got lots and lots of uncertainties all over the pitch, none more so than our goalkeeping position.

Thankfully I'm in the glass half full camp and I'm actually quite upbeat about our squad...............

While I agree with what your saying I still it is pivotal that we get all the positions that McCall is wanting filled.

GK- This is pretty self explanatory. #announcedoohan

RB- We have Ferguson and Geggan probably fighting it our for this position. Geggan is very injury prone as we know while Ferguson is unproven at this level. Done well enough at Dumbarton last year but a bit of a gamble to be counting on him to be first choice.  As D'Jaffo says if the right back could cover Centre Back that would also be a bonus as Adams is injury prone, Bell's legs look like they are starting to go and Muirhead hasn't really impressed (Other than his first couple of games).

CM- Murdoch should be a nailed down starter for one of the centre mid spots. Docherty. Kerr, Adams and Bell are all decent enough options however I feel we need a more attacking player in here. Someone that can maybe chip in with 5-10 goals a season.

ST- For me we have two number 10s (Moffat and McCowan) and two number 9s (Doolan and Moore).  Moore is out for the start of the season and Doolan and Moffat are both aging. Think its crucial we get a younger striker, possibly a loanee.

Sure a pumping by the Rangers rejects will do the morale a lot of good ahead of the professional season starting on Saturday [emoji23].

On a more serious note it's not the worst considering we're not a finished team and the Rangers team had players who were in the first team the last couple of years.