The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

From what I’ve seen of them both, I’d much rather have Ross in my team than McDaid. That’s one position where you’re upgrading on last season.

Sounds very promising.

I liked Declan but he did flatter to deceive 80% of the time.

Seems a very good signing, i'll take him, only worry is it's a six month and chances look slim of keeping him the second half of the season, however we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Only leaves us with a striker, CM, defender and GK to get, how many loan signings are we allowed btw? If Doohan happens that'll be 2 loans which would make me think we'd probably only be allowed one more, interesting what position will be the loan.

See the 3rd choice Celtic GK Doris De Vries has retired, shit, that's really not good.
Think that has been on the cards for a while, was mentioned around Christmas that he would be retiring. Just means Doohan is now 4th choice.

Most folk would have been happy for Declan to stay but no-one was heartbroken he left says a lot really.

Personally I was hoping a bigger team came in for him and he’d be tempted away so I was quite pleased.

Of course it only works out if Ross does better than him next season.

Hopefully Doohan and another to sign before Saturday.

McDaid was probably most effective winger but Crawford and Murdoch were playing there from being out of positions.

I do actually think he can become a very talented player in this league at a consistent rate if he sorts out his attitude and tracking back. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

Would be surprised if Doohan isn't ahead of Hazard, Celtic were far more impressed with Doohan than Hazard when they returned to the club at the end of the season.

It’ll be more beneficial then for Doohan to get another season of regular game time compared to Hazard.

14 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'd highly doubt we'd get Hazard, McCall said that we went back to celtic "like a bag of shite" so why would we take him.

Celtic might have been so impressed with what you done with Doohan they want you to do it with Hazard. 

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Would be surprised if Doohan isn't ahead of Hazard, Celtic were far more impressed with Doohan than Hazard when they returned to the club at the end of the season.

http://www.celticfc.net/team

I was going simply on the basis that Hazard is listed under first team and Doohan isn't. Would suggest Hazard has been promoted to stand warmer / cup cameo. 

As superhursty has just said, Doohan appears to already be a done deal. I'm also pretty sure that the Celtic hierarchy would have been well aware that big doris was chucking it but were still happy for Doohan to return to the good guys, otherwise McCall certainly wouldn't have gone through his comedy routine in the last au media interview......