The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The volunteering thing wasn't great yesterday. Supposedly a decent number signed up but only two folk turned up (including my 72 year old mum).

I had offered to head through for Sunday but it was cancelled due to a lack of interest.

A bit underwhelming that.

The volunteering thing wasn't great yesterday. Supposedly a decent number signed up but only two folk turned up (including my 72 year old mum).

I had offered to head through for Sunday but it was cancelled due to a lack of interest.

Would have went but I'm working loads of folk complaining about things but not wanting to help out sadly it's a sad fact about a lot of our fans.

Disappointing but not surprising, always the same volunteers who put their heart and sole into the club. Unfortunately lot of fans have the view of it shouldn't be up to the supporters to do that sort of stuff as they give the club plenty of cash every second week which should cover maintenance costs.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Not surprising to be honest, I feel sorry for mark pettergrew who works hard on that, but credit to the 2 people who done it. 

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Not surprising to be honest, I feel sorry for mark pettergrew who works hard on that, but credit to the 2 people who done it. 

There were two of us in the morning as well. Difficult for most people on a weekday and with the glorious weather, I'll be honest, I could have seen it far enough! Start of the school hols probably doesn't help numbers either. Hopefully there's another opportunity before the league starts. Pitch looked great in the sunshine!

There were two of us in the morning as well. Difficult for most people on a weekday and with the glorious weather, I'll be honest, I could have seen it far enough! Start of the school hols probably doesn't help numbers either. Hopefully there's another opportunity before the league starts. Pitch looked great in the sunshine!

My mum has mentioned that there were a few more out the front of the stadium yesterday so not as bad as first thought.

Good effort from everyone who took part.

Sounds like yer man Shankland has fucked himself by dragging his decision out for so long.

Sunderland hiring a new DoF who doesnt want him.

Hearts, Hibs and Portsmouth all moved on to other targets (Washington, Doidge, Harrison), and Rangers only held an interest until the interest in Morelos was ended.

No Scottish top flight team interested can compete financially with Dundee United.

Sounds like yer man Shankland has fucked himself by dragging his decision out for so long.
Hearts, Hibs and Portsmouth all moved on to other targets (Washington, Doidge, Harrison), and Rangers only held an interest until the interest in Morelos was ended.
No Scottish top flight team interested can compete financially with Dundee United.
Shankland has already stated it's not the money he is interested in it's playing time and career progression don't be surprised if he ends up signing for a team that offered less than Dundee United

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shankland has already stated it's not the money he is interested in it's playing time and career progression don't be surprised if he ends up signing for a team that offered less than Dundee United

Literally everything is pointing to him joining United now.

Scott Burns said a week or so ago the clubs after him are Hull, Portsmouth and United.

Portsmouth paid a fee for a striker a few days after, and Hull have changed manager who isnt promising him game time.

United offer is something "most top flight clubs couldn't get near", and also promises first team football.

Hes held off for so long it's now the best offer he has, if he does value playing over money.

Scott Burns said a week or so ago the clubs after him are Hull, Portsmouth and United.
Portsmouth paid a fee for a striker a few days after, and Hull have changed manager who isnt promising him game time.
United offer is something "most top flight clubs couldn't get near", and also promises first team football.
Hes held off for so long it's now the best offer he has, if he does value playing over money.
He may do and this is in way in disrespect to Dundee United but he can do so much better for himself he should be playing at very least top for a top 6 Scottish premiership League team or an English championship team, I just don't see United as a fit don't rate Neilson and think he will ruin him plus it's a lack of ambition he's have been as well staying with us you guys might romp this league but you have thought that the last 3 seasons are are still trying to get back up, have said for a year he goes to the correct club this season the will be in the Scotland squad before end of season 19/20 if he signs for United that won't happen

The guy that Portsmouth signed is only one of 2 strikers in the squad. I’m sure if they still wanted Shankland they could make a move for him.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He may do and this is in way in disrespect to Dundee United but he can do so much better for himself he should be playing at very least top for a top 6 Scottish premiership League team or an English championship team, I just don't see United as a fit don't rate Neilson and think he will ruin him plus it's a lack of ambition he's have been as well staying with us you guys might romp this league but you have thought that the last 3 seasons are are still trying to get back up, have said for a year he goes to the correct club this season the will be in the Scotland squad before end of season 19/20 if he signs for United that won't happen

Top 6 Scottish sides have better strikers. Edouard, Morelos, Brophy, Cosgrove, Naismith, Kamberi are all proven top flight strikers. Kilmarnock wont sign him, Aberdeen and Hibs have set their sights higher. 

EFL Championship sides wont make him first choice based on a season in the Scottish second tier.

Bottom half sides cant/wont compete financially with the offer United have made to him.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The guy that Portsmouth signed is only one of 2 strikers in the squad. I’m sure if they still wanted Shankland they could make a move for him.

The two strikers are their captain, and one they just paid a fee for from a higher division. He would be a sub at best to start with there as they play one up top.

United have apparently offered him £200k as a signing fee.

Brophy did you see him against Cyprus? Naysmith is no spring chicken any more and has not been a prolific scorer for years Cosgrove is a completely different type of player who has one good season, look I'm not ashamed to admit I'm biased but I just don't see him going to Tannidice.

The two strikers are their captain, and one they just paid a fee for from a higher division. He would be a sub at best to start with there as they play one up top.

No, Brett Pittman played as a number 10 last season in Kenny Jackets 4-2-3-1.

They finished last season with James Vaughan, Ollie Hawkins and Omar Bogle. Both Bogle and Vaughan have returned to their parent clubs which means there’s room for 2 strikers and one is Ellis Harrison (already signed). Harrison completely flopped last season at Ipswich and has only performed well in L1 so I wouldn’t say he’s a guaranteed starter. Hawkins did ok in the cup final vs Sunderland but his goal tally for the season wasn’t great so I don’t think he’s guaranteed either. There’s room for Shankland to go in there and play.

What happens when the new owners bgt fed up of pumping money into a championship club Shankland and Smith are not going to win the league themselves and Neilson has only had success when Craig Levine base been their to tell him what to do.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Brophy did you see him against Cyprus? Naysmith is no spring chicken any more and has not been a prolific scorer for years Cosgrove is a completely different type of player who has one good season, look I'm not ashamed to admit I'm biased but I just don't see him going to Tannidice.

Shankland has one good season in the second tier, and United have offered him a deal that, all in with wages/bonuses/signing fees, breaches seven figures.

No other club in Scotland will touch that.

Arguing hes better than Cosgrove, who got 17 top flight goals last season, and Steven Naismith is just a daft hill to die on though.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

What happens when the new owners bgt fed up of pumping money into a championship club Shankland and Smith are not going to win the league themselves and Neilson has only had success when Craig Levine base been their to tell him what to do.

Quite. If all this is true, United are being completely and utterly reckless, and just digging a massive financial hole for themselves. 

Its unnecessary.